Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by WelshBluebird)
      Would be amazing if he did come back to us. Even if its just for a month.
      Although there could be one hurdle. The rule that says you can only play for 2 clubs in a season.
      He has already played for Forest, so if he does play for Cardiff it would mean he couldn't play for you guys at all for the rest of the season.
      I'm not quite sure, but isn't this rule only wrt transfers (not loans)?

ReputationRep:
      Having had a bit of a look, it seems as if it only applies if you cross football associations (so england to scotland for example). Does apply to loans though.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...687372,00.html

:wtf:

ReputationRep:
        :rofl2::facepalm2::rofl::rofl3:

ReputationRep:
        :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
        Shoulda done a Gallas/Woodgate swap.

ReputationRep:
        Woodgate would be a great addition, I have faith in our medical staff, I'm sure they can patch him up..

(Original post by marcusmerehay)
        Two symbols I never thought would meet :rofl2: Loving the new avatar :teehee:

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by In2deep)
        Two symbols I never thought would meet :rofl2: Loving the new avatar :teehee:
        I basically just googled 'funny', put the size restrisction on and this was about 17 pages down.

I like it. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
        ****ing lol :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Teams and predictions for today?

Szczesny
          Sagna Djourou Koscielny Clichy
          Song
          Wilshere Fabregas
          Walcott-----------------------Nasri
          RVP

I see no reason why we shouldn't go with this, our strongest possible selection. The only concern would be Djourou's fitness...

And I'd say a 2-0 to L'Arse.

Also, got my tickets for the Ipswich game. :party:
          • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
          "I just probably looked stupid or something, and they thought 'here's one here, he's not Spanish, obviously and we're looking for a foreigner'."
          :lol:

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Abiraleft)
          Teams and predictions for today?

Szczesny
          Sagna Djourou Koscielny Clichy
          Song
          Wilshere Fabregas
          Walcott-----------------------Nasri
          RVP

I see no reason why we shouldn't go with this, our strongest possible selection. The only concern would be Djourou's fitness...

And I'd say a 2-0 to L'Arse.

Also, got my tickets for the Ipswich game. :party:
          If we play that team and the guys are in sync with each other I'd say 2-0+ is a good shout.
          Szcesny has looked solid so far imo, and Kos is impressing me more each time I see him play.

ReputationRep:
          Seriously, Woodgate would be ideal for you guys.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Klinsmannic)
          If he was fit I'd have him at West Ham. If it wasn't for injuries he would have been an England regular.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by cunningstunt87)
          If he was fit I'd have him at West Ham. If it wasn't for injuries he would have been an England regular.
          He's fit now apparently. Agreed, a lot better than many of the CBs that have played for England in recent years.

ReputationRep:
          Woodgate's merking of Drogba in the UEFA Cup Semi-Final in 2004 is the best defensive performance I've ever seen live at a football match, and I've seen quite a few world class defenders at SJP (Cannavaro, Vidic, Terry to name a few). Shame about all his injuries though because he could have made it anywhere, even at Madrid.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Klinsmannic)
          How so? We're looking for a backup CB as cover until the end of the season, we don't need someone who's going to injured themselves.

ReputationRep:
          Also, no WUMing intended but we consider ourselves to be absolutely pathetic at defending. Really, really bad...and we want to add a defender that isn't good enough for a defence that leaks more goals than we do? Doesn't make much sense. Skysports 'understand' a lot of things that aren't true.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Overmars)
          Also, no WUMing intended but we consider ourselves to be absolutely pathetic at defending. Really, really bad...and we want to add a defender that isn't good enough for a defence that leaks more goals than we do? Doesn't make much sense. Skysports 'understand' a lot of things that aren't true.
          True, but Woodgate isn't a part of the Spurs defence usually due to injury, which is the main reason why I don't think Arsenal should sign him - he'd just be keeping Vermaelen company every week in the physio room.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.