Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
Moffat is a troll. :rofl:

Spoiler:
Show

Actually your initial thought was right - it's an upside down painting of a Silent. :teehee:
seriously? faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaak me :s
anyway, I don't know whether anyone has written this [sorry if they have, this thread is beyond long] but in Blink [series..4?], Martha and Tennant!Who say hey visit the moon landing 4 times. thoughts?
Colonel.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think the last old Who I watched had the Sontarons teaming up with a Spanish crime cartel. And the Doctor got a disease.

Something like that.
emi_sarb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by boba)
in the library episode when the doctor says something about how theres only one reason he could tell someone his proper name. does anyone know what that reason is is it something from the old series or just something we don't know
I don't think we do know why River knows his proper name. Before the doctor is killed he says something to the astronaut, perhaps it's River inside the space suit and the Doctor told her his name. This would also explain why River said "of course not" when she couldn't shoot the astronaut because it would have been her past.
??????????????????
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why are you guys giving me answers? :unsure:
Cos you asked and I'm bored. I also change to "Blink" cos I didn't see it
boba
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by emi_sarb)
I don't think we do know why River knows his proper name. Before the doctor is killed he says something to the astronaut, perhaps it's River inside the space suit and the Doctor told her his name. This would also explain why River said "of course not" when she couldn't shoot the astronaut because it would have been her past.
but what would she try to shoot her past self. that would be pretty stupid
drbluebox
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by birduk)
Also hence why this week they are now making it obvious that Rory and Amy go to bed together- that has never been used before has it. I am sure it has never been implied that companions actually have a bedroom- or did I miss that before too? Hence the pregnant/not pregnant thing... as in little baby 'Pond' could have been conceived in the TARDIS? Also setting us up for the scary running through the evil TARDIS next week?

(Edit- yes I know some of this has been mentioned, but there are subtle references backing up your theories)
In old Dr Who both Romana's and Adrics bedrooms were shown, I cant remember if anyone elses was though.
SirMasterKey
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm not sure which has been my favourite series to be honest.
Bluth.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
'Doctor Who' Q&A: A chat with Neil Gaiman

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/do...il-gaiman.html

Spoiler:
Show
The first thing Idris gets to do is die, in the first scene..

"You see the Doctor do things he's never done before"

Curious. Saturday, just come now.
And his blog :awesome:
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think series 5 was my favourite but I would have liked to have seen Tennant with a better lead writer. Although I don't think he would have suited Moffat and the direction he appears to want DW to go.
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Stop with the ****ing RTD hate, it's unwarranted.
Mess.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Colonel.)
Stop with the ****ing RTD hate, it's unwarranted.
I understand RTD was needed and his style of storytelling was needed. But really it could have been so much better.
spacepirate-James
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Series 1 love :awesome:
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I went with the specials ironically.
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mess.)
I understand RTD was needed and his style of storytelling was needed. But really it could have been so much better.
Hmm. We'll continue this debate in three months, when I can be bothered

:awesome:
Mess.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I went with the Specials. They had that epic finality to them, both in terms of twists and emotion. You seen the Doctor portrayed in this arrogant and sinister way, and then you had the emotional rollarcoaster (starting from the cafe scene with Wilfred, to the Master's redemption and finishing off with the four knocks and his tearful regeneration).
I enjoyed the specials but not as much as I should have done. Something just felt missing :unsure:

Although the Master shakey head thing absolutely destroyed any credibility of the final two parter for me :sad:

(Original post by Colonel.)
Hmm. We'll continue this debate in three months, when I can be bothered

:awesome:
This debate comes up once every couple of weeks so I am sure you will get a chance to debate it again :mmm:
sleekchic
Badges: 2
Report 7 years ago
The specials reeled me in. I watched series 4 occasionally and but I started following Doctor Who with the specials but I can't choose between the specials and series 5.
humy369
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There's gonna be tears? Wow. Now i really can't wait until Saturday
Rascacielos
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If I could get hold of Gaiman's bunch of friends................
cambo211
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I went with Series 3.

I can pick the worst series far easier than i can pick the best.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (404)
37.72%
No - but I will (82)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (75)
7%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (510)
47.62%

Watched Threads