Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedDevilThing)
    Sam Troughton? *googles*

He was Much in the BBC's Robin Hood! I think he'd make quite a good Doctor actually, it'd be interesting to see him not being the sidekick.
    He's really good! Is he Patrick Troughton's grandson or something?

I would enjoy having a black or a female (or both) Doctor, just for the ****storm of criticism it would bring on from the Mail, etc. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Two hours to go... I can't stand this waiting...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aneesah_May)
    What if zoe ball is the next doctor. I dont mind who the next doctor is as long as they make better scripts. Even though matt smith is a good actor I found all his episodes too childish.
    That would be a Moffat-style thing to do but I doubt it!

I think that was the point of Matt Smith's Doctor - he was meant to have quite a childish personality and that was how Matt Smith played him. It was an interesting change particularly as how David Tennant got quite dark towards the end of his era. Although I do think that if they wanted to have a more childish doctor Matt Smith was the right choice - he has that sort of look to him and his age helps (i.e. an older actor being childish would have been a bit to Mr Bean).

ReputationRep:
    Having recently got into The Thick of It, please please please let it be Peter Capaldi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    He's really good! Is he Patrick Troughton's grandson or something?

I would enjoy having a black or a female (or both) Doctor, just for the ****storm of criticism it would bring on from the Mail, etc. :rolleyes:
    Wikipedia says he is.

Would quite like to see a black Doctor actually, would make a nice change, not so sure about a female Doctor though, but we'll see.

ReputationRep:
    I highly doubt it will be an "unknown" actor the way matt smith or david tennant were. They will be getting someone who is a bit more well known to audiences to boost ratings (since they have been very low as of late). That's why they're making a big deal out of it and having this live reveal show.

I'm certainly hoping it's Capaldi, or at least someone who is a fair bit older than matt smith.

If it's an "unknown" then i will be very disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocolateMelody)
    Two hours to go... I can't stand this waiting...
    Me neither, really hoping it's Capaldi though, watching him in The Thick of It is like watching a work of art
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    Aneurin Barnard is looking likely.

Not long now Indeed looks like it will be Barnard or Rigby IMO.

ReputationRep:
    God this is so damn exciting :banana:

I keep needing the toilet I'm SO nervous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    I keep needing the toilet I'm SO nervous.
    Six minutes to gooooooo....!!! What does one do with these 6 minutes? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Aneurin Barnard or Ioan Gruffudd please!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jarred)
    Aneurin Barnard is looking likely.
    Apparently the hype about him might all be an error. We shall see very soon!
    http://www.entertainmentwise.com/new...Welsh-Giveaway

ReputationRep:
    This is the highest rating Deadly 60 has ever had :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Steve Blackshall is the new doctor!!!

Nearly there :eek:

I'm having silent screams! XD

ReputationRep:
    Its gonna be Benedict Cumberbatch......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    This is the highest rating Deadly 60 has ever had :rofl:
    I thought about just watching the final 5 minutes because I anticipated the rest of it being build up with talking heads, but I too helped Deadly 60

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.