Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Molly_xox)
    We used to say 'a mark over the A* boundary is a mark wasted' :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha class, but true!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NafK3)
    Exactly!! Missing my cue cards, highlighters and textbooks but come A-levels, I'm sure we'll start procrastinating again
    Me too!! I have actually forgotten basic Spanish grammar and if you gave me something to translate, I wouldn't be able to do it. Oops! Are you taking Spanish for A-level?
    naaa im so baaaaaad at it. im goin for bio, chem, maths and probs psyco or history.... u?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanisha97)
    Well I only just got an A on my coursework haha so I needed to get a high A but I think I will get a high B so that would make me a high B overall therefore I will retake it in November

Posted from TSR Mobile
    At least you have the option of retaking, I'm pretty sure my school doesn't let us so :P

Besides, you've probably done a lot better than you think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saywhatyoumean)
    At least you have the option of retaking, I'm pretty sure my school doesn't let us so :P

Besides, you've probably done a lot better than you think
    I think you should have the option because Michael Gove is only allowing retakes in English Language and maths in November.

But I don't think I have done that well because I got a C on my mock but you have already got an A on the jan exam so your defiantly going to get a good grade overall

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We used to say 'a mark over the A* boundary is a mark wasted' :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In my modular edexcel maths gcse, I got the exact borderline A* mark in all of the units! I couldn't believe it - I was so lucky to just scrape an A* each time.

No marks wasted here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeyThereHarry)
    In my modular edexcel maths gcse, I got the exact borderline A* mark in all of the units! I couldn't believe it - I was so lucky to just scrape an A* each time.

No marks wasted here!
    Wow, that's lucky!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've managed to stay away from this thread so I don't stress but now results day is only a couple of weeks away I can't help it...Hi everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jwf13)
    I've managed to stay away from this thread so I don't stress but now results day is only a couple of weeks away I can't help it...Hi everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hello fellow stresser

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jwf13)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    haha welcome

ReputationRep:
    Hello fellow stresser

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm just glad I'm not the only one...Everyone I know seems really calm about it! How many results are you waiting for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm waiting for all my gcses, did everything at the end of year 11.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LewisC)
    What form were u in? And what's your name if u don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think we had form names, but I remember having a male form tutor - I think he taught PE or something. Who did you have as a form tutor?

ReputationRep:
    All those that that edexcel igcse sciences, and maths, how you guys feeling about the results of them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economicsrocks)
    Predicted grades:
    English Language: A*
    English Literature:
    A*
    Maths: A*
    Level 2 Further Maths:
    A**
    Biology: A*
    Chemistry: A*
    Physics: A*
    Art: A*
    Economics: A*
    French: A*
    German:
    A*
    RS Short Course: A*
    ICT: Distinction
    AS Classical Civilisation: B

Actual
    grades
    Maths: A*
    ICT: Distinction
    Don't know others yet
    Comments:
    After the exams, I'm looking at As in Econ, French, Germ and Eng Lang, and A*s (hopefully!) in the others. Hoping for A** in L2 F.Maths, but calculator paper wasn't that good!
    A-Levels:
    Maths
    Chemistry
    Economics
    English Lit
    IFS Diploma
    EPQ (if get the chance)
    You can get A**s ? Is that gcse?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgie-H)
    You can get A**s ? Is that gcse?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, it's a really weird qualification: the 'AQA Level 2 Certificate in Further Maths' and they offer A* with distinction (or A** or A^). We did it instead of stats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ani97)
    Who else here is having parent troubles? I've got typical Indian parents and grandparents that want all A*s... What is worse is knowing that it is pretty much impossible
    Urgh ... I'll be disappointed with my results and on top of that I'll have to tell my parents I failed them

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I so know how you feel. My parents and family are the same. Since 1 august everyone is putting a load of preassure on me about how i need to get all these A*s and i know im not going to get them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jwf13)
    I'm just glad I'm not the only one...Everyone I know seems really calm about it! How many results are you waiting for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't understand how people can be so calm, I'm so stressed and it's over 2 weeks ago

All my 10 subjects! You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand how people can be so calm, I'm so stressed and it's over 2 weeks ago

All my 10 subjects! You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    To be honest if you just say to yourself "there's nothing I can do now, forget about it!" and you realize that's the exact truth it's quite easy to not stress about it

ReputationRep:
    anyone who hasn't got their edexcel resultsplus activation email, check now, got mine today

ReputationRep:

All my 10 subjects! You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm waiting for nine, I did Science last year and Maths in March. I resat maths this June but I already passed and have definitely got lower this time so I'm not too bothered about that one. It doesn't help that most of my friends went on an outward bounds/social project thing for 4 weeks so I've had a lot more time to think about results... Which subjects did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.