Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    I'm not but this **** seems to have some kind of obsession and has called me out. No problem. I have the same routine for every match.
    got any spare tickets ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    got any spare tickets ?
    I dont personally but there's always plenty going round at face value. If I hear of one going or if I see one on twitte or something I'll trap it for you mate.

People underestimate the boozers as well. Stick your head into the Crown/Hercules/etc on Holloway Road and ask about and more often then not some fella will know of one going

ReputationRep:
    Betting sites have it pretty much even between Spurs and Arsenal now for top 4. Arsenal only slight favourites now.

Going to be tight. The Wigan game is so big for both sides as it looks like it will be the difference between top 4 for Arsenal if Arsenal don't get the 3 or relegation for Wigan if they lose. So big!

ReputationRep:
    Wow at the confidence in this thread. You would have thought it was impossible that Arsenal could drop points. Still think Arsenal will scrape top 4 though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We always pull out a performance when our backs are really against the wall. 3-0 for me. Wigan aren't a great side, we just can't let them get in our heads.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal vs man united - AKA WIGAN
    Gonna be hard one, I hope we score first
    No more stress for wenger, need to put this season behind us.

ReputationRep:
    The awkward moment when we wanted Stoke to win

ReputationRep:
    Wigan have to beat us or they are down due to their vastly inferior goal difference to Sunderland. Is that encouraging? May force them to attack a lot more.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The good thing is that Newcastle are now safe so that should make our last game easier

The bad thing is that Wigan have to win the next two to have a chance to be safe so that will make our next game much harder

ReputationRep:
    I hate the way Arsenal have been criticized this season. Even if we draw one of our next two games, we will have as high a points tally (i.e. 71) as last year - overall, we are as strong a team as last year.

Its frustrating that the amount of points we need this season to come in the top 4, being just the amount needed last season to come third. Spurs have got lucky quite a lot this season, whilst our much improved defence has seen us beat against bottom half teams even when not playing well at all.

The fact Wigan need to win means they'll play very offensively, which is good as their already rubbish defence will be even more rubbish. Obviously we just need to maintain our solid defence -which has let in the second least in the premier league this season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noahharley)
    I hate the way Arsenal have been criticized this season. Even if we draw one of our next two games, we will have as high a points tally (i.e. 71) as last year - overall, we are as strong a team as last year.

Its frustrating that the amount of points we need this season to come in the top 4, being just the amount needed last season to come third. Spurs have got lucky quite a lot this season, whilst our much improved defence has seen us beat against bottom half teams even when not playing well at all.

The fact Wigan need to win means they'll play very offensively, which is good as their already rubbish defence will be even more rubbish. Obviously we just need to maintain our solid defence -which has let in the second least in the premier league this season.
    for a long part of this season we looked like finishing outside the top four, back then a lot of it was justified.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noahharley)

I don't think Spurs have been lucky, just better than they were last year tbh. I think in AVB they have am astute manager who knows how to get the best out of them - the difference in Tottenham this year is really him and Redknapp. Quality manager who UTD should have got and City now should.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So if we beat Wigan we send them down, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Guys, I'm actually terrified for Tuesday can our Arsenal men do it?

Nobody understands my hatred for Tottenham, idiots. I'm really tired of their last minute goals.

So what do we think, are we getting top 4??

:arsenal:
    There's a reason Wigan are fighting relegation, its because they aren't good enough to stay in this league. I'm confident Wenger has prepared properly for this match, Arsenal will win and we will get top 4.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by IWantSomeMushu)
    Precisely

ReputationRep:
    'Arsenal til I die'!!
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    There's a reason Wigan are fighting relegation, its because they aren't good enough to stay in this league. I'm confident Wenger has prepared properly for this match, Arsenal will win and we will get top 4.
    You sure? Hope so, cos a loss against Wigan would be DISASTROUS!

My worries-
    1) Wigan are all confident after winning the FA cup.
    2) Arsenal will seize under pressure
    3) Wigan will play well as their fighting relegation

Things I'm not worried about-
    1) We're playing at home
    2) Arsenal have good defense (sometimes)
    3) We know the stakes, so we'll play well.

ReputationRep:
    Hope Wenger can have a day like Ferguson did today even though I get on him a bit and moan he deserves to go out with his head held high
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Arsenal have to keep an eye on Mcmanaman, Kone, Mcarthur and Maloney especially on Tuesday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWantSomeMushu)
    Not mathematically as they can still catch Sunderland but will have to beat Villa 10-0 or something. So yeah they are down.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.