Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMR26)
    If it's any help, I thought that they were easier than the practice ones. The mental arithmetic was definitely easier. If you pass the practice ones, you'll find the real ones fine
    I passed my literacy test today, yay! It was actually way more stressful than I thought. I think the pressure got to me a little and I was questioning how to spell the most simple of words. Overall though it was ok, and I passed which is the main thing. Now to revise for the mental arithmetic questions...eek!

ReputationRep:
    I think I've accidentally sent an email through ucas to my second referee again. I've not heard from them so I thought I'd double check that I wrote the right email address on my ucas form and pressed 'edit' and it was correct but I didn't edit anything and then it said I can send an email to them.. So I did haha oops! I hope the Headteacher doesn't get annoyed.. But I thought it's a good idea instead of waiting two weeks to send another. Just thought I'd share this on here incase anyone else wants to pester their references through ucas instead of yourself (I won't do this again, just after pressing edit I got worried incase the first email wouldn't work or their log in wouldn't work anymore)..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fabay)
    I think I've accidentally sent an email through ucas to my second referee again. I've not heard from them so I thought I'd double check that I wrote the right email address on my ucas form and pressed 'edit' and it was correct but I didn't edit anything and then it said I can send an email to them.. So I did haha oops! I hope the Headteacher doesn't get annoyed.. But I thought it's a good idea instead of waiting two weeks to send another. Just thought I'd share this on here incase anyone else wants to pester their references through ucas instead of yourself (I won't do this again, just after pressing edit I got worried incase the first email wouldn't work or their log in wouldn't work anymore)..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    LOL I did the same thing to my reference!! I would be ashamed...but it worked!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellylaugh)
    I passed my literacy test today, yay! It was actually way more stressful than I thought. I think the pressure got to me a little and I was questioning how to spell the most simple of words. Overall though it was ok, and I passed which is the main thing. Now to revise for the mental arithmetic questions...eek!
    Can you just confirm that the test is still the same as the online practice tests, i.e. Spelling, Punctuation, Grammar and Comprehension?

Congrats btw

ReputationRep:
    Where can I find the practice skills test questions on line?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Descartes93)
    LOL I did the same thing to my reference!! I would be ashamed...but it worked!
    Did you get a reference then? I hope it works for me too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smiler000)
    Hi all, just wondering whether anyone has applied to/ heard from Chichester, Brighton or Sussex unis yet?? Thanks!
    Not yet, are you applying for primary or secondary ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss_disney)
    Not yet, are you applying for primary or secondary ?
    I'm applying for primary... And yourself??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smiler000)
    I'm applying for primary... And yourself??
    Primary too ! Could potentially see you at some interviews then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fabay)
    Did you get a reference then? I hope it works for me too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, my references sent their parts on Friday so I paid and sent then. Just waiting on the uni's now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss_disney)
    Primary too ! Could potentially see you at some interviews then
    Cool!! Hopefully- keeping fingers crossed !!

ReputationRep:
    Hello :-) I passed literacy test today! They are stressful but I think at the same level as the practice ones- they're no worse put it that way! Wondering whether to email the uni's to update them so they're aware? Maths next week! congrats on interviews guys!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cutebat)
    Hello :-) I passed literacy test today! They are stressful but I think at the same level as the practice ones- they're no worse put it that way! Wondering whether to email the uni's to update them so they're aware? Maths next week! congrats on interviews guys!!
    Congrats cutebat! I was waiting to hear how yours went Really happy for you xx

ReputationRep:
    If you use Apply 1 and and get offered a place, can you still use Apply 2? The reason i ask is my first choice is a salaried school direct place but they dont take applications until January. But i want to apply for a PGCE now just in case i dont get on the SD place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellylaugh)
    Congrats! :-) me too !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Descartes93)
    Congrats cutebat! I was waiting to hear how yours went Really happy for you xx

Aww thank you :-) am so relieved! Have you booked yours? xx

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=billy bilo;45328292]If you use Apply 1 and and get offered a place, can you still use Apply 2? The reason i ask is my first choice is a salaried school direct place but they dont take applications until January. But i want to apply for a PGCE now just in case i dont get on the SD place.

Hey I think you have to reject offers to go onto Apply 2- that's the impression I got from UCAS thats annoying you can't apply until then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cutebat)
    Aww thank you :-) am so relieved! Have you booked yours? xx
    Yep, got my lit booked for Friday and i'm so scared! I feel like I haven't revised enough with all the third year workload and then personal statement/pgce stuff though

Does it tell you your mark or just pass/fail? Also, out of the four sections which one did you find the hardest? Xx
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Both my references replied today, so everything is sent off and paid. It's a big weight off my mind now, as I know the universities have the application so there's nothing I can do any more except to wait.

(Original post by billy bilo)
    If you use Apply 1 and and get offered a place, can you still use Apply 2? The reason i ask is my first choice is a salaried school direct place but they dont take applications until January. But i want to apply for a PGCE now just in case i dont get on the SD place. ]
    As I understand it, you would have to reject the places you got in Apply 1 in order to enter into Apply 2.

ReputationRep:
    So maybe put the SD place in Apply 1? So at least they get the application even if they dont look at them until Jan.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.