Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura75)
    where is yours for? mines for Leeds.

I really don't know what i'm going to do
    would have been simpler if they'd have just rejected me or if i'd missed my offer by alot!

literally can't believe that one mark is going to determine so much
    mine's Birmingham to study mathematics, what about you? what did you get overall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecosse_14)
    Universities may not speak to you if you don't have a clearing number I'm afraid. You can try though, but it may be pointless.

Why don't you take up the offer for the foundation year?
    I'll be turning 20 next year. Don't want to feel like the oldest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dyingslikeanart)
    mine's Birmingham to study mathematics, what about you? what did you get overall?
    mine was to study History and Music JH
    I got ABC and needed ABB
    the C was in the subject of less importance -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ray2013)
    Hey !
    congratulations on getting an offer from oxford! What will you be studying ?
    I wanted to ask you if you put into your personal statement that you got the B by only missing 1 UMS ? Because I'm in the same situation now and I'm not quite sure if I should mention it ...
    Philosophy and Theology And I got an A by one UMS! If you missed out by 1 UMS though you should definitely get a remark - it should come through in time for applications. And don't mention your results in the Personal Statment - your referee can do that (or mention any really good marks) in his reference.

ReputationRep:
    After waiting all day, worrying and wondering whether I would be going to university or not, my track finally updates!

15 August 2013, 18:41

Congratulations, your place at University of Glasgow for Psychology has been confirmed. The university or college should now send you more information.

I can't wait now, hehe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangatardallys)
    After waiting all day, worrying and wondering whether I would be going to university or not, my track finally updates!

15 August 2013, 18:41

Congratulations, your place at University of Glasgow for Psychology has been confirmed. The university or college should now send you more information.

I can't wait now, hehe.
    congratulations :woo: :party: :balloon: :banana: (just trying out emoticons :lol: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    congratulations :woo: :party: :balloon: :banana: (just trying out emoticons :lol: )
    Haha, why thank you very much.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, why thank you very much.
    what were your grades and A levels may I ask ?

ReputationRep:
    what were your grades and A levels may I ask ?
    Well, I was predicted AAB with ABB from AS, absolutely bombed my exams and ended up with BBC, so I missed my firm which was at Sussex. Luckily, I phoned up Glasgow and they still took me despite them asking for ABB, I feel so blessed, haha.

Eventual grades were;
    Psychology - B
    Sociology - B
    History - C
    Law (AS) - E
    Philosophy (AS) - D

Just goes to show it's not all about grades and that stuff, must have been my outstanding personal statement that swayed it for me. *sarcasm*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imog)
    Well done! I'm confirmed for archaeology at Soton, I can't wait
    Cool, you got your accommodation place yet??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xMr_BrightSide)
    Philosophy and Theology And I got an A by one UMS! If you missed out by 1 UMS though you should definitely get a remark - it should come through in time for applications. And don't mention your results in the Personal Statment - your referee can do that (or mention any really good marks) in his reference.
    Okay dokay! Thanks for the advice ! And congrats once again!

ReputationRep:
    Well, I was predicted AAB with ABB from AS, absolutely bombed my exams and ended up with BBC, so I missed my firm which was at Sussex. Luckily, I phoned up Glasgow and they still took me despite them asking for ABB, I feel so blessed, haha.

Eventual grades were;
    Psychology - B
    Sociology - B
    History - C
    Law (AS) - E
    Philosophy (AS) - D

Just goes to show it's not all about grades and that stuff, must have been my outstanding personal statement that swayed it for me. *sarcasm*
    Extra money

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not going to lie I am seriously depressed with my results...

Biology - A
    Chemistry - B
    Physics - B
    History - B

I also got 10 A*s at GCSE

I have been predicted AAA

Do you think I have a chance at going to Imperial, UCL, Oxford or Cambridge to do medicine? Or have my chances been ruined by my bad AS results??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iambored)

Biology - A
    Chemistry - B
    Physics - B
    History - B

Do you think I have a chance at going to Imperial, UCL, Oxford or Cambridge to do medicine? Or have my chances been ruined by my bad AS results??
    Hey there! I'd seriously drop Cambridge as they look at AS UMS from your most relevant three (bio, chem, physics) and they tend to look for 90%+. I'd also reconsider applying for all three of the remaining and choose one, or at the very very most two. This is because all three require the BMAT which you sit after applying and so it's quite a risk to your application.

If I were to pick 1, I'd choose Imperial because they don't discriminate on AS results. Oxford don't really have a policy on it, but we can assume they wouldn't let in people likely to miss their A*AA offer. UCL certainly do discriminate on AS results and while your are good and you still have a chance at UCL, I think in terms of your medicine application they'd disadvantage you more than Imperial.

I'm happy to help with any other queries about applying to medicine via inbox.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iambored)

Biology - A
    Chemistry - B
    Physics - B
    History - B

Hello Try this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2421623 - Cheer up!

ReputationRep:

Eventual grades were;
    Psychology - B
    Sociology - B
    History - C
    Law (AS) - E
    Philosophy (AS) - D

haha well done anyway

ReputationRep:
    No more stress, no more ucas, no more refreshing, no more tsr A level threads....just going to chill till September .... feels good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was working so hard for these AS level. Was predicted a D or C in physics. But I got
    A-maths 90%
    A-psychology 88%
    A-economics 81%
    B-physics 75%
    so so happy! Going to apply to LSE accounting and finance now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anyap)
    I was working so hard for these AS level. Was predicted a D or C in physics. But I got
    A-maths 90%
    A-psychology 88%
    A-economics 81%
    B-physics 75%
    so so happy! Going to apply to LSE accounting and finance now
    well done ..you must have just missed A* in maths what were your A2 Ums ?

ReputationRep:
    well done ..you must have just missed A* in maths what were your A2 Ums ?
    I only did AS

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.