• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    The rather eloquent Emma is mistaken about rowing, you should give it a go

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, I'm still waiting for a reply :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaOB)
    Ladies and gentlemen,

if you do anything worthwhile in your life it will be accepting and embracing the offer of a lifetime to come to Bart's.
    I saw some prospective fellows wandering around today. you have made the first step in the right direction.
    Bart's... (BAAAARRRTS) is incredible. Reject any other offer you may have and get your clever arses down here.
    The teaching, the socials, the camaraderie is unparalleled. ( and if you have Luke and Emma for your Bart's parents next term... well... treasure your livers now.) "God help you" from me dear friend.
    Luke: BARTS is literally the best place ever don't even contemplate all the other institutes that may tempt you with their boring prospectuses. BARTS is where you really want to be. Nail that interview and hope that you get Emma and I as your Bart's parents but wither way you will have the time of your life. Best place on earth, wouldn't have it any other way. BARTS!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE AND YOU WILL BE WONDERFUL.

A exhilarated 1st (and very intoxicated - don't worry i'm a med student? - first year)

XX
    I wanna come to BAAAARTSSS! but I have this interview to pass

You need 40+/50 to be offered a place D: tough!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raveen789)
    I wanna come to BAAAARTSSS! but I have this interview to pass

You need 40+/50 to be offered a place D: tough!
    Where did you get 40+/50 from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by games211)
    Where did you get 40+/50 from?
    The document on page one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raveen789)
    The document on page one.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Many of us fabulous first years don't live in Whitechapel! We live in Barbican, literally smack bang in the middle of London (5 minutes from St Pauls) It's an amazing place to live, you'll never get the opportunity to live so centrally - in fact I think we are the only people who actually live in 'The Square Mile' ( but because of this we see it as something that is, by all intents and purposes, our home ground) and it's not something to be sniffed at. Our friends that live in Whitechapel have a great time too...it's vibrant (Shoreditch is a stones throw away), lively and is home to the formidable Laird Hall (this is our famous Barts theatre at which a host of fantastic plays are performed alongside some first class heckling and cheap shots!)... LIKE THE CHEAPEST IN LONDON... I couldn't believe it during the fresher play.

So there's Dawson by Bart's hospital (gorgeous building... v old and grand) and Floyer by The London which is an institution to be marvelled at... when construction finishes it'll be the biggest in Europe.. (plus it's got HEMS... which, as students, you can get involved in) and somewhere that is treasured by the local population... East London has unique pathology that no other BRITISH medical school can offer... I'm sorry.. the emotion is too much... I've spoken to medic-friends of mine all over the country and i, we all, just get that feeelin of self-greatness that we have the best deal in all respects... you're an idiot if you're not considering BAARRRT's

(also do rowing ) no do hockey, rowing are ****!

.... Alpine are pretty cool too, but DANCE IS WHERE IT'S AT!!

(I'm a VEGAN and even I don't do Alpine )

Just... please.
    for your own good... APPLY BAAAART'SSSS... (and accpet ofc)

XOXOXOXOXOOXOXXXXXX

Haha love it, thanks so much for all of that. Barts does sound like THE place to be.

Just wanted to also ask, would you say the amount of PBL is just about 'right' in the course? I don't want too much PBL because some students from other unis have told me they hate how much PBL their course is. I want a course with majority lectures and a significant PBL. :-)

ReputationRep:
    Many of us fabulous first years don't live in Whitechapel! We live in Barbican, literally smack bang in the middle of London (5 minutes from St Pauls) It's an amazing place to live, you'll never get the opportunity to live so centrally - in fact I think we are the only people who actually live in 'The Square Mile' ( but because of this we see it as something that is, by all intents and purposes, our home ground) and it's not something to be sniffed at. Our friends that live in Whitechapel have a great time too...it's vibrant (Shoreditch is a stones throw away), lively and is home to the formidable Laird Hall (this is our famous Barts theatre at which a host of fantastic plays are performed alongside some first class heckling and cheap shots!)... LIKE THE CHEAPEST IN LONDON... I couldn't believe it during the fresher play.

So there's Dawson by Bart's hospital (gorgeous building... v old and grand) and Floyer by The London which is an institution to be marvelled at... when construction finishes it'll be the biggest in Europe.. (plus it's got HEMS... which, as students, you can get involved in) and somewhere that is treasured by the local population... East London has unique pathology that no other BRITISH medical school can offer... I'm sorry.. the emotion is too much... I've spoken to medic-friends of mine all over the country and i, we all, just get that feeelin of self-greatness that we have the best deal in all respects... you're an idiot if you're not considering BAARRRT's

(also do rowing ) no do hockey, rowing are ****!

.... Alpine are pretty cool too, but DANCE IS WHERE IT'S AT!!

(I'm a VEGAN and even I don't do Alpine )

Just... please.
    for your own good... APPLY BAAAART'SSSS... (and accpet ofc)

XOXOXOXOXOOXOXXXXXX
    hey I was wondering if there are many barts graduates entering research (eg MRC)?

Ugh, this wait is killing me. Good luck to those with interviews next week, hopefully they let the rest of us know soon, it'd suck to be rejected pre-interview at this stage in the game.

ReputationRep:
      Being rejected pre interview would suck :|

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      My friend got an interview for A100 at Barts a couple of weeks ago on the 29th jan.

ReputationRep:
      do you think they've sent out all pre-interview rejections yet? I mean, they've had plenty of time...

ReputationRep:
      I just rang up the admissions office and they said that they could not tell me what the cutoff scores are, so I have no idea how people have managed to find this out.. I wouldn't trust them basically!
      She just said that if you are still waiting to hear, they should be telling us within the next week so keep an eye on your emails.
      I suppose it doesn't look so promising now that lots of people seem to have been given interviews already, but you never know!
      I am a graduate going for the a101 course and got 2980 UKCAT.. hoping thats good enough although not feeling very optimistic right now!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by almh)
      I just rang up the admissions office and they said that they could not tell me what the cutoff scores are, so I have no idea how people have managed to find this out.. I wouldn't trust them basically!
      She just said that if you are still waiting to hear, they should be telling us within the next week so keep an eye on your emails.
      I suppose it doesn't look so promising now that lots of people seem to have been given interviews already, but you never know!
      I am a graduate going for the a101 course and got 2980 UKCAT.. hoping thats good enough although not feeling very optimistic right now!
      Ggggggeeeeeeeee .".. thanks .. For not trusting...( lol) . ... They won't give the official cut offs till they have given out offers but many have repeated the same message ... I called in ages ago one confirmed it... One said nothing ( what they told u)) ...... So what we can take from that is they have given out majority of interviews for a101 ".. We are probably in their bank of waiting list for interview if and only if there is an act of god / many decline to attend the interview .. Which means la la la in reality ....lol obviously the uni is more than welcome to prove me wrong ... Fingers crossed I AM !!!!!i want to be wrong !!!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by almh)

I hope that this is a good sign, I still haven't been rejected with the same UKCAT score. I'd all but given up hope but it's nice to think there may be a sliver of something there!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by almh)
      Thanks for calling!!

I think we all should stay optimistic. Interview invites went out a couple of weeks ago for interviews in late January. According to PGSQ, there's another batch of interviews in late February. (I'd say only half of the interviews have gone out. They can't hand them all out at once because there's an article and it's only fair that everyone gets the same length of time to prepare for it.)

Besides, I reckon it's better waiting for an interview than waiting for ages and ages and AGES after an interview for a decision.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Cephalosporin)
      Thanks for calling!!

I think we all should stay optimistic. Interview invites went out a couple of weeks ago for interviews in late January. According to PGSQ, there's another batch of interviews in late February. (I'd say only half of the interviews have gone out. They can't hand them all out at once because there's an article and it's only fair that everyone gets the same length of time to prepare for it.)

Besides, I reckon it's better waiting for an interview than waiting for ages and ages and AGES after an interview for a decision.
      THERE ARE MORE INTERVIES FOR A100 i was talkin about a101

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by hello101)

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Ok but I would very much like to find out next week :L

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by hello101)

Posted from TSR Mobile
      OH!! okay. Sorry :P Didn't read!!!!!!

(Original post by XingBairong)
      Ok but I would very much like to find out next week :L
      ME TOO.

... I'm going to assume that I'm one of those unfortunates that finds out late Feb/March that they've been rejected.

Also, we've hit our 100th page. Hooray (?)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.