Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League thread II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I approve of this discussion. Fans only seem to pop up when we lose, seeming to forget they're still two divisions below us.

ReputationRep:
    FA Cup time again for a few of us this weekend.

Apparently around 1000 Maidstone fans are expected to make the journey to the Racecourse this weekend. Considering their average attendance is 1200, that’s a great amount. I’m expecting them to pull off that underdog victory. We’re awful lately and it’ll just be a miracle if we can keep all 11 players on the pitch too.

For those more interested in watching Maidstone beat us than watching Man City vs Everton which kicks off at the same time, our match will be on (Sky) channel 971 on Saturday evening.

ReputationRep:
    Any Dartford fans here ?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    I have fond memories of wins at Luton but I agree with the views on the club, ground and fans. I was there in the away end to see them promoted to the Championship a few years back and afterwards their fans seemed much more interested in aggro with us than celebrating the fact that they'd gone up. Idiots.
    Reminds me of Stoke the season Hollowhead took us down. They won promotion on the final day, we got relegated on the final day and they were more bothered about goading us for going down than they were celebrating their promotion. I'm still looking forward to the day they go back down (and if it can be at our hands, or we pass them on the way by, even better).
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by ra-ra-ra)

Apparently around 1000 Maidstone fans are expected to make the journey to the Racecourse this weekend. Considering their average attendance is 1200, that’s a great amount. I’m expecting them to pull off that underdog victory. We’re awful lately and it’ll just be a miracle if we can keep all 11 players on the pitch too.

For those more interested in watching Maidstone beat us than watching Man City vs Everton which kicks off at the same time, our match will be on (Sky) channel 971 on Saturday evening.
    Always like the early rounds of the FA Cup because it's magical. Be interesting to see who gets a big draw in the 3rd round.

It's not magical when you're a league club on the receiving end of an upset. Kind of want us to get drawn against one of the big boys from the Prem immediately this year seeing as we're in R3. Maybe have one good match. That's about as much excitement as I can deal with.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    It's not magical when you're a league club on the receiving end of an upset. Kind of want us to get drawn against one of the big boys from the Prem immediately this year seeing as we're in R3. Maybe have one good match. That's about as much excitement as I can deal with.
    Indeed not so good if you get on the end of a giant killing, sadly that happens to our club far too often.

ReputationRep:
    Looking forward to R3 when we get our annual thrashing at the Etihad Stadium.

ReputationRep:

At least our Cup humiliation wasn't televised...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. That was a decent away trip though. I enjoy when we get an away game against a bigger side in the FA Cup because it usually means going to ground with a roof over the away stand! It's the little things.

(Original post by Midlander)
    At least our Cup humiliation wasn't televised...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We even have Football Focus being presented live from the Racecourse tomorrow too, because it obviously needs even more coverage.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. That was a decent away trip though. I enjoy when we get an away game against a bigger side in the FA Cup because it usually means going to ground with a roof over the away stand! It's the little things.
    Ha. Tried to find a video of the day we beat you 2-1 to relegate you from League One about 8 years back but there isn't any footage.

ReputationRep:
    This is the Watford I like to see.

ReputationRep:
    Ha. Tried to find a video of the day we beat you 2-1 to relegate you from League One about 8 years back but there isn't any footage.
    Haha, I was asking for that. You're lucky I don't need any footage as the season remains pretty clear. It was the beginning of that "fall" for us. It'll be 10 years in May as it was the 04/05 season when we went into administration, so it was already pretty grim for us anyway...We would have stayed up if we didn't get those 10 points taken off us. I'm beginning to feel a return to the Football League is a long way off, never mind getting back to League One.

ReputationRep:
    Not a bad nights work for Watford. Fulham with Kiraly in goal really is an ugly sight!

ReputationRep:
    Shocked that Kiraly was still playing. Still not entirely convinced against 10 men but it's certainly a starting point.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Big shock in the cup tonight, always something about a bit of magic on a Friday night, Blyth dumping out Hartlepool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Not a bad nights work for Watford. Fulham with Kiraly in goal really is an ugly sight!
    Doe he still wear tracksuit bottoms more associated with Jeremy Kyle viewers?

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I was asking for that. You're lucky I don't need any footage as the season remains pretty clear. It was the beginning of that "fall" for us. It'll be 10 years in May as it was the 04/05 season when we went into administration, so it was already pretty grim for us anyway...We would have stayed up if we didn't get those 10 points taken off us. I'm beginning to feel a return to the Football League is a long way off, never mind getting back to League One.
    I have the feeling I will be saying the same thing in a few years time!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Big shock in the cup tonight, always something about a bit of magic on a Friday night, Blyth dumping out Hartlepool.
    Hartlepool have sacked their manager. Christ.

Huddersfield away today. It's great being able to leave the house after midday for a game.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 25, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.