Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Umar1)
    You've hit the nail. Our new attorney general was a former Ethiopian judge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is he a somali ethio?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    Is he a somali ethio?
    Yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ogadeniaaa

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missfats)
    I love them. I watch them on vixx best website. recently I haven't watched them as my laptop broke.

my favourite ones are hana kimi (korean version), glorious day, and heartless city, aswell as secret garden.

how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    OMG I watch it on Viki, hmm recently I am watching Fated to love you (k-version) and Hi school Love on Both are Awesome.

But I have seen many hmm I will list some;

Full house, Heirs, Heartstrings, You're beautiful, Coffee house, coffee price, Full house take 2, Angel Eyes, baker king, and etc.

ReputationRep:
    Who watched the VICE mini-documentary on Somalia? And what did you think? (I think someone linked it on here a few days ago)

ReputationRep:
    Who else has the wattpad app and read ebooks on it? Its awesome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themorninglight)
    Who watched the VICE mini-documentary on Somalia? And what did you think? (I think someone linked it on here a few days ago)
    I did watch it, it showed the new generation that is coming up has lots of ambitions and dreams, it showed that somalis despite everything are generally happy content people with what Allah has given them. It showed people have hope but that a lot needs to be done.
    It also showed a little boy that needed trousers!!
    What did you think.

ReputationRep:
    I did watch it, it showed the new generation that is coming up has lots of ambitions and dreams, it showed that somalis despite everything are generally happy content people with what Allah has given them. It showed people have hope but that a lot needs to be done.
    It also showed a little boy that needed trousers!!
    What did you think.
    Very true! Well firstly, it made me feel quite ashamed that I couldn't understand much of what the poet was saying Had to rely on the translation which takes away the beauty of it I think.

Secondly I agree it was nice to see that the Somali youth have stuck to their deen and culture and are patiently accepting of everything that has happened to them. Made me very happy to see that. Also do you remember the part when the girl went to her father? When he was making dua for he warned her "salaada ha ilaabin" (don't forget your salah) which I thought was very cute, even though the subtitles translated it wrongly as "I will pray for you" or something like that :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Umar1)
    Well Puntland has suspended all relations with the SFG and recalled all of its MP's who have returned. This was because of a new central state which would encompass Mudug and Galgaduud. Puntland controls and administers North Mudug, Galmudug the same with South Mudug. Negotiations have started with between them I believe.

This morning AMISOM and Somali gov troops took over the last Al shabaab held district in the Bakool region, Tiyegloow. Heavy fighting is still going on in the Bay region between Ethiopian Liyuu Police (Somali region of Ethiopia paramilitary) and Al shabaab. The Liyuu police have disarmed many Somali gov soldiers, accusing them of working with Al shabaab.

Khatuumo state have elected a new President (current MP in the SFG parliament) he has vowed to not negotiate with either Puntland or Somaliland.

The government has started disarmament operations in Mogadishu against warlords. Some of the heaviest fighting has been going on since Al Shabaab left the city. Old warlords being disarmed etc, huge caches of weapons being recovered. Weirdly enough the security in Mogadishu has improved after this.

A AMISOM and Somali gov offensive is set to start soon, Baraawe being the main target. They aim to recapture all al shabaab held districts in 2 months. Boko Haram and AQAP apparently have offices in Baraawe.

The clan situation in Merca is still tense but it has calmed down I believe.

Ahmed Abdi Haabsade has defected back to Puntland from Somaliland.

He was originally the Somaliland speaker of parliament from 1991-1998, 1998-2007 Puntland security minister and then the Somaliland information minister. His militia controlled the city of Las Anod back in 2007. He handed it, along with his militia to Somaliland when he defected.

The SFG has entered an agreement with Shell for it to return to its former blocks, pre 1991. Most of these blocks are offshore and located in Puntland. Puntland two years ago signed a agreement with Range Resources to explore there and says exploration ships will soon arrive.

A DNO oil exploration team was attacked by clan militias in Sool when they attempted to start work there. Somaliland signed a agreement with DNO to explore in that region.

The Soma Oil and Gas company has completed its 2D offshore seismic survey of Somalia. Results are yet to be released. It is believed the President met with several oil executives in Washington during the US Africa Summit.

On to good news, the refurbishment of Bosaaso airport has begun and a Chinese company is considering whether to build a new port there. The first Somali gas company has been established in Mogadishu, hopefully it will reduce the use of charcoal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What do you think of Soma Oil? The Somali government are so corrupt & stupid, they handed power to a man (the co-founder) who has done shady business deals, corruption & fraud. They also hired Michael Howard :rolleyes:. This is a new company also. Look at the name too lol SomaOil? They clearly have one thing on their mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaLDN)
    What do you think of Soma Oil? The Somali government are so corrupt & stupid, they handed power to a man (the co-founder) who has done shady business deals, corruption & fraud. They also hired Michael Howard :rolleyes:. This is a new company also. Look at the name too lol SomaOil? They clearly have one thing on their mind.
    I would rather wait and see what comes out of Soma Oil and Gas before making accusations, they are dodgy in my eyes though.

The government have done some shady deals with other companies , namely Shulman Rogers.

http://somalianewsroom.com/2014/07/1...tion-carousel/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Who else has the wattpad app and read ebooks on it? Its awesome!
    Reading wattpad since 08/09 loveeeee it. Especially werewolf books
    Any landers out here Btw? Not that it matters

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenSI)
    Werewolf books are too advanced for my innocent mind lel. love the spiritual books though.

my mom's a lander, not me though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I hate vampire/warewolf stuff lol. I read the romance and thriller stuff

(Original post by missfats)
    Werewolf books are too advanced for my innocent mind lel. love the spiritual books though.

my mom's a lander, not me though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Whats lel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Umar1)
    I would rather wait and see what comes out of Soma Oil and Gas before making accusations, they are dodgy in my eyes though.

The government have done some shady deals with other companies , namely Shulman Rogers.

http://somalianewsroom.com/2014/07/1...tion-carousel/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They seem very dodgy to me, ive got no hope lol.

Ah thanks for the link, I didn't know about this. Nothing is more disgusting than taking stealing from those (the country) who are in desperate need. Ufff!

ReputationRep:

Whats lel?
    She means lol I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themorninglight)
    Very true! Well firstly, it made me feel quite ashamed that I couldn't understand much of what the poet was saying Had to rely on the translation which takes away the beauty of it I think.

Secondly I agree it was nice to see that the Somali youth have stuck to their deen and culture and are patiently accepting of everything that has happened to them. Made me very happy to see that. Also do you remember the part when the girl went to her father? When he was making dua for he warned her "salaada ha ilaabin" (don't forget your salah) which I thought was very cute, even though the subtitles translated it wrongly as "I will pray for you" or something like that :lol:
    Yea there were a couple places where the translation was completely off.
    And the sugaan/poem was i think too complicated for the ordinary somali to understand all.
    I think i got like 60% of what he said.

ReputationRep:

Whats lel?
    lel is the new way of saying lol.
    I like it lel.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Where are you from?

ReputationRep:
    I want to start writing poems and make a blog. Any poets here?

ReputationRep:
    Yea there were a couple places where the translation was completely off.
    And the sugaan/poem was i think too complicated for the ordinary somali to understand all.
    I think i got like 60% of what he said.
    What dialect was the poet speaking in because I understood -0% of it lol, sounded like another language :unsure:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.