Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyZhang)
    I applied for that as well and am still waiting. I didn't do as many IGCSEs as the others applying but only did them in one year as a second language speaker. I got 5A*s and 2As and straight As in my AS. I didn't do IGCSE and A level economics though, because my school didn't provide the course. I hope they'll take that into account.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When did you send your application, if you don't mind my asking? Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyZhang)
    I applied for that as well and am still waiting. I didn't do as many IGCSEs as the others applying but only did them in one year as a second language speaker. I got 5A*s and 2As and straight As in my AS. I didn't do IGCSE and A level economics though, because my school didn't provide the course. I hope they'll take that into account.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey! I'm not an expert but my teachers tell me the reason why universities never ask for things like economics at A level is because they know that not every school offers it, so I'm pretty sure you won't be disadvantaged in any way. On top of that economics a level isn't really *that* relevant as there's no maths meaning it's nothing like it is at university.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ooftar)
    Hey! I'm not an expert but my teachers tell me the reason why universities never ask for things like economics at A level is because they know that not every school offers it, so I'm pretty sure you won't be disadvantaged in any way. On top of that economics a level isn't really *that* relevant as there's no maths meaning it's nothing like it is at university.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This. Econ A-Level is pretty useless when it comes to degree. I did Econ at UCL last year and Maths/FM are much more helpful. People who did Econ (I was one of them) had a head-start for about a week and that was it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anyonenobody)
    What I don't get is that December 19th last year was a huge batch of offers, but this year I didn't gear much, has LSE just been lagging behind this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They sent a batch in 18th December as I have gathered from other offer holders.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BMich_95)
    They sent a batch in 18th December as I have gathered from other offer holders.
    Hmm yeah but last year it was way more important. Almost all law offers were given out before the holidays according to last year's thread.. And yet I haven't seen many yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm an international and got an offer for govt & history a week ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak2015)
    When did you send your application, if you don't mind my asking? Good luck!
    Hi! I sent in my application on 15th Sept. Thanks and good luck to you too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Inquisitive)
    This. Econ A-Level is pretty useless when it comes to degree. I did Econ at UCL last year and Maths/FM are much more helpful. People who did Econ (I was one of them) had a head-start for about a week and that was it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's really a relief to hear. Thanks very much and good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak2015)
    Yeah I did! I still haven't heard back from them but they should respond by 9 January after they reopen. I think further maths is highly recommended but not required. I think people have gotten offers in the past without further maths if I remember correctly. Good luck!
    I got an offer three weeks ago and I don't have further maths, so it isn't really necessary. If your PS is good enough, there's no reason for them not to accept you. Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I applied to LSE for Law. I'm an international student. At first they told me ( in Oct) that they'd get back with my decision in Dec. Now they emailed me to tell me that my application is undergoing further consideration. Is that bad news?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by air999)
    Hi guys, I applied to LSE for Law. I'm an international student. At first they told me ( in Oct) that they'd get back with my decision in Dec. Now they emailed me to tell me that my application is undergoing further consideration. Is that bad news?
    That's normal news.

ReputationRep:
    Should you expect to receive a decision at the end of the 8 week period or do you just get another update?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back for accounting and finance? Dont see many ppl talking about it...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normandi)
    Has anyone heard back for accounting and finance? Dont see many ppl talking about it...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flamehaze)
    Nope.
    Are you an international applicant and whats ur predicted grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are you an international applicant and whats ur predicted grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, A*A*A* for further maths, econs and physics. Plus I already have A* for maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flamehaze)
    Yes, A*A*A* for further maths, econs and physics. Plus I already have A* for maths.
    Woah, sick grades!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Woah, sick grades!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks. =) Sick wait, ain't it?

ReputationRep:
    At last, the holidays are over !!!
    Hoping for offers to come out soon.

ReputationRep:
    Thought they'd never end just a few more weeks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.