The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fallen_acorns
I am amazed by how high his ownership still is.. He has looked dire this season, and for his price there are plenty of other options.. Can imagine a mass switch to falcao if he hits the ground running..

i know!
i got him straight off because he always seems to be invoved in united goals, but his points return (and my stupid decision to make him captain) compared to his price is just awful.
that being said, i can't defend sturridge either - swapped them both out and now i have welbeck/costa
didn't wanna risk falcao since he costs a lot, but since welbeck isn't a bad price i've taken a punt on him.

used my WC so i still have options for change, but my team as it stands is:

lloris
vlaar, clyne, ivanovic
di maria, sterling, ramsey, siggy, fabregas
costa, welbeck

myhill sub GK (never gonna use him)
naismith first sub (not sure if he'll get much time ahead of eto'o and lukaku, but he's in good form)
wisdom second sub (always gets game time but he isn't in a great defensive team)
duff third sub (same as wisdom)

my midfield is crazy but i do feel like i sacrificed defensive quality.
i did say i wouldn't get 3 players from a team but i think chelsea is a decent exception.
not got any city players purely because the only ones worth having are silva or aguero - silva not returning points well and aguero is extremely clinical but expensive and injury prone.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
my midfield is crazy but i do feel like i sacrificed defensive quality

That defence is asking for trouble imo. You're looking at playing one of Vlaar, Wisdom & Duff every week, the first two have horrendous fixtures and Duff isn't nailed on for the long term now they've signed Keane. I'd try and upgrade one of the 4.0's to a 4.5 as there are plenty of solid options at that price range (PVA, Chester, Naylor, Wilson).

If you want to keep that front 7 downgrading Lloris is probably your best bet.
Original post by sr90
That defence is asking for trouble imo. You're looking at playing one of Vlaar, Wisdom & Duff every week, the first two have horrendous fixtures and Duff isn't nailed on for the long term now they've signed Keane. I'd try and upgrade one of the 4.0's to a 4.5 as there are plenty of solid options at that price range (PVA, Chester, Naylor, Wilson).

If you want to keep that front 7 downgrading Lloris is probably your best bet.

i'm fine with clyne and ivanovic, but i'm scouting for a solid third/fourth to swap vlaar to sub for villa's upcoming games.

i only have 0.2 in the bank so i'll likely need to downgrade somebody.
do you think i should scrap naismith and make a little money from getting a slightly cheaper striker?
or if i downgraded lloris to a 5m keeper, who would be a decent bet?

my midfield is so solid that i'd rather not touch it (for now) since all 5 of them seem to get regular goals/assists as part of their natural play for their team.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
i'm fine with clyne and ivanovic, but i'm scouting for a solid third/fourth to swap vlaar to sub for villa's upcoming games.

i only have 0.2 in the bank so i'll likely need to downgrade somebody.
do you think i should scrap naismith and make a little money from getting a slightly cheaper striker?
or if i downgraded lloris to a 5m keeper, who would be a decent bet?

my midfield is so solid that i'd rather not touch it (for now) since all 5 of them seem to get regular goals/assists as part of their natural play for their team.

Leave Naismith in, he's in good form and he'll probably rise a couple more times. Plus there's nobody better than him at a lower price.

Begovic and Forster are probably the best two. I've seen a lot of people doing Krul/Elliot but that's more for price than CS potential.
Original post by sr90
Leave Naismith in, he's in good form and he'll probably rise a couple more times. Plus there's nobody better than him at a lower price.

Begovic and Forster are probably the best two. I've seen a lot of people doing Krul/Elliot but that's more for price than CS potential.

fair enough; not sure how much game time he'll get over eto'o and lukaku, but as a first sub i suppose he ain't too bad.

yeah, i was thinking about begovic tbh - don't normally go for mid tabled players but stoke in general seem to have a decent defence over the course of a season

P.S: would it be worth a 0.4m upgrade from clyne to lovren?
we have an great fixture list coming up and he has been remarkably solid for us so far
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
P.S: would it be worth a 0.4m upgrade from clyne to lovren?
we have an great fixture list coming up and he has been remarkably solid for us so far

Getting a Liverpool defender in was one of the main reasons I used my wildcard. It's a risk but much like United at the start of the season, you'd be mad not to try it given their fixtures. I'm having a hard time choosing between Lovren and Moreno :tongue:
Original post by sr90
Getting a Liverpool defender in was one of the main reasons I used my wildcard. It's a risk but much like United at the start of the season, you'd be mad not to try it given their fixtures. I'm having a hard time choosing between Lovren and Moreno :tongue:

jesus yeah, forgot about moreno!

i think given his very attacking nature he'll get more points through assists (maybe the odd goal)
although i think lovren is likely to pick up more bonus points
think i'll swap out clyne for moreno and vlaar for taylor purely because of upcoming fixtures (liverpool's are great but villa's are terrible)

still got 0.3m left though :frown:
not enough to upgrade a player but i suppose it's enough to have a little leeway with transfers over the next couple of weeks

regardless of what happens though, i surely can't do any worse than 27 points from GW3.....
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
still got 0.3m left though :frown:
not enough to upgrade a player but i suppose it's enough to have a little leeway with transfers over the next couple of weeks.

Exactly the same as me :laugh: We'll need it come November when injuries/suspensions pile up! I remember one GW last year where 3 of my players picked up long term injuries and another was suspended, had to take a huge hit that week in order to accommodate new players and it completely ****ed me over.
Not enough price inflation over the international break has made this tactical wildcard absolutely useless...
Original post by sr90
Exactly the same as me :laugh: We'll need it come November when injuries/suspensions pile up! I remember one GW last year where 3 of my players picked up long term injuries and another was suspended, had to take a huge hit that week in order to accommodate new players and it completely ****ed me over.

can't wait for all dem arsenal injuries...

Original post by Isometrix
Not enough price inflation over the international break has made this tactical wildcard absolutely useless...

tbh, i'm pretty new to this so i'm not massively concerned with tactics concerning price inflation
my team just needed a major change.

for me it's just a bit of fun - i know i'm not gonna win but FF is really good for you wanting specific players want to do well
ultimately it means i'll be rooting for a certain team in a game that has no real effect on my own club instead of not caring at all
Need to get rid of Rooney at some point but I definitely want to wait till after tonights matches to check for any injuries. Long term I want Welbeck (until Giroud is back) but his next 4 games are solid so are there any suggestions?Any price range (excluding Aguero) and I will not accept Naismith. Just want a good option for 4 weeks, current favorite is Balotelli (already have Sterling.)
Fabregas or Di Maria? Fabregas is the safe bet, but if Di Maria does get points, it could be big...
Would the magic 5 midfield (Fab, Sig, Ramsey, Di Maria, Sterling) be worth it if it meant changing Aguero to Welbeck and keeping Naismith as a sub option?

Rest of team is

Given/Begovic

Ivanovic/Clyne/Moreno/Wisdom/Hutton

Costa
Original post by King Hotpie
Fabregas or Di Maria? Fabregas is the safe bet, but if Di Maria does get points, it could be big...

I'd try and get both.
Original post by SirMasterKey
Would the magic 5 midfield (Fab, Sig, Ramsey, Di Maria, Sterling) be worth it if it meant changing Aguero to Welbeck and keeping Naismith as a sub option?

Rest of team is

Given/Begovic

Ivanovic/Clyne/Moreno/Wisdom/Hutton

Costa

that is almost exactly my team

i have the magic midfield 5 simply because i feel like they will get so many points even at the cost of a quality defence
i have costa and welbeck up front and naismith as sub
and i'm using moren, ivanovic and taylor in defence with wisdom and duff as sub options
begovic in goal with myhill as useless 4m back up

12/15 of the same players, not bad :wink:
Who is Chelsea's penalty kick taker???? Hazard? Costa? Fab?
Original post by khalidpatel
Who is Chelsea's penalty kick taker???? Hazard? Costa? Fab?

I have a feeling it will still be with Hazard. Will be interesting to see though.
BREAKING: Ramsey injured!!
Original post by khalidpatel
BREAKING: Ramsey injured!!

looks so legit.

actually is, but at least post a source man :colone:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29137156

gonna leave it for a few days until there's a timescale implemented, then swap him for silva if he's gonna be out for more than one game.
(edited 9 years ago)
Right... since price rises are non existant i'll try and sort out a WC team.

Begovic
Chester Clyne Moreno
Sigurdsson Di Maria Fabregas Sterling
Aguero Welbeck Costa

McCarthy, King, Naylor, Moore, 0.2 ITB

Krul
Cahill Clyne Moreno
Sigurdsson Ramsey Fabregas Sterling
Falcao Welbeck Costa

Elliot, King, Wilson, Moore, 0.3 ITB

Any thoughts on either of these? I'm leaning towards the first one.

Quick Reply

Latest