Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsianBeauty)
    Does TP produce fatty acids and amino acids or glycerate 3 phosphate ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Both

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thelostking)
    Both
    no GP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bmunro)
    Triose phosphate does (tp) gp is what it's derived from when it is oxidised and ATP is added it makes tp hope that helps
    I thought glycerate 3 phosphate can be used to produce amino acids and fatty acids and tp can be used to produce glycerol? Am I wrong then ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I thought glycerate 3 phosphate can be used to produce amino acids and fatty acids and tp can be used to produce glycerol? Am I wrong then ?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <font size="1"><a href="http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/app" target="_blank">Posted from TSR Mobile</a></font>
    You're right for the former but tp is used to make glucose

ReputationRep:
    I thought glycerate 3 phosphate can be used to produce amino acids and fatty acids and tp can be used to produce glycerol? Am I wrong then ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry just double checked I've always put down tp as it is mostly regenerated or used to make other compounds but tp is used to make carbs and glycerol in lipids and gp to make amino and fatty acids

ReputationRep:
    good luck everyone!

praying no microscope pictures come up because I personally can't identify anything on them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domcandrews)
    he probs will aswell!
    LOL are you prepared?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZQ110)
    LOL are you prepared?
    I dunno, I feel prepared but just depends on the wording and/or pressure in exam. Just fear i'm going to either not know what to say, or just completely misinterpret it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domcandrews)
    I dunno, I feel prepared but just depends on the wording and/or pressure in exam. Just fear i'm going to either not know what to say, or just completely misinterpret it
    Yeah same. They sometimes word it so confusingly that you don't know what they are actually asking you to do and the suggest questions are so random and vague

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In pregnancy testing does the HCG bind to monoclonal antibodies ??

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone explain how a photosynthometer is used when measuring the rate of photosynthesis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cinderella25)
    Yeah same. They sometimes word it so confusingly that you don't know what they are actually asking you to do and the suggest questions are so random and vague

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ikr!! Balls to the suggest questions, they put in suggest questions yet only have 1 specific answer in the ms, so stupid aha

ReputationRep:
    I'm so screwed.
    SO SCARED

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hajs)
    After a prolonged period of fasting, glycogen levels in the liver are depleted. However the liver can still produce glucose by the process of gluconeogenesis. Describe one way in which this is done?

Anyone gonna try to answer that? I found it really difficult lol..
    Wouldn't it be to secrete enzymes such as lipase, or protease from the acinar cells in the pancrease into the pancreatic duct to the duodenum to break lipids and protein into glucose before it is respired.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avninsa)
    Could anyone explain how a photosynthometer is used when measuring the rate of photosynthesis?
    set it up, air-tight (ensure no air bubbles). Gas given off by plant over time collects in flared end of the capillary tube. Syringe is used to move air bubble into part of the capillary tube against scale. Distance moved by the air bubble at each light intensity can be used to work out the volume and rate. Repeats, leave to acclimatise for 5 mins, control all other experimental factors

ReputationRep:
    why does paracetamol lead to liver failure

ReputationRep:
    Do we need to know about respirometers, and if so how much (someone explain it please if we do haha)??

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maham88)
    In pregnancy testing does the HCG bind to monoclonal antibodies ??
    Yes, HCG in 'solution' binds to monoclonal antibodies which are bound to some sort of dye, and move up the test strip by diffusion. A separate region simply containing the antibodies is present further up the strip, if HCG is present then they bind to the antibodies here, along with the dye bound antibodies, causing the dye to all congregate along the strip, So it becomes visible.

...I hope, considering you know, bit late if im wrong

ReputationRep:
    Yes. The HCG binds to the monoclonal antibodies that are associated with a coloured bead. The HCG-antibody complex then moves along the stick until it reaches a barrier of immobilised antibodies, which it cannot pass. So a line forms here where the coloured beads accumulate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Denarkas)
    Yes, HCG in 'solution' binds to monoclonal antibodies which are bound to some sort of dye, and move up the test strip by diffusion. A separate region simply containing the antibodies is present further up the strip, if HCG is present then they bind to the antibodies here, along with the dye bound antibodies, causing the dye to all congregate along the strip, So it becomes visible.

...I hope, considering you know, bit late if im wrong
    thanks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 3, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.