Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Say you had a 12 marker on the bodies response to stress- what A02 would be used?

ReputationRep:
    Are criticisms just negative or negative and positive?

ReputationRep:
    So for 'reasons why people conform' can you say normative and informational? or is that just for conformity

ReputationRep:
    what are people thinking for PSYA2 on Monday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.bryan4)
    Also for resisting conformity is it:
    -high internal LOC
    -small group size
    -unanimity

conforming:
    -high external LOC
    -large group
    -ambiguous task

resisting obedience:
    -high internal LOC
    -no authoritative figure
    -seeing the pain we cause
    -no legitimate authority

obeying:
    -high external loc
    -legitimate authority
    -buffers
    -agentic state

is this right?
    you could add: - graduated commitment to the obeying list
    - importance of the task (to the conforming lists)

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Do any of you know if General Adaptation is important because none of the revision notes I found has GAS and nor does the Psychology AS Complete Revision Companion book. So is it still part of the specification?

Thanksss x :p:hoppy:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have unit 2 paper & mark scheme for 2011?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woahh__x)
    Hey guys,

Do any of you know if General Adaptation is important because none of the revision notes I found has GAS and nor does the Psychology AS Complete Revision Companion book. So is it still part of the specification?

Thanksss x :p:hoppy:

It's not part of the specification so don't worry about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dexter-morgan_)
    It's not part of the specification so don't worry about it
    Oh OMG okayyy thanksss xxx My teacher decided to teach us it and I was soo confused >.< but thanks againnn xxx

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished research into conformity and explanations of conformity

I'm now on to obedience. But I'm not sure if I can just use Milgram as a study.... Are there other studies? I can't seem to find them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Outline the biological approach to psychopathology (6 marks)

The biological approach also known as the medical model to psychopathology suggests abnormality is caused by physical factors. Abnormality is caused by the malfunctioning of the brain and the systems in the body are used to explain abnormality.
    In biochemistry the dopa-mine hypothesis suggests that high levels of dopa-mine are related to the symptoms of schizophrenia.
    Abnormalities are sometimes a result of genetic inheritance. For example Torrey (2001) found that mothers of people who have schizophrenia had contacted a particular strain of influenza during pregnancy. This virus would enter the unborn child's brain leading to the symptoms of schizophrenia.
    Neurotransmitter serotonin is a biochemical which carries signals between the brain cells. High levels of serotonin have been associated with anxiety.
    The biological approach assumes abnormality can be treated like a physical condition and through focusing treatment on bodily functions.

Would this answer be enough for 6 marks?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a reasonably simple and standard list of studies/researchers that I can just learn? It feels like all my revision has consisted of is deciding which ones/how many to learn and I haven't got anywhere and do not know anything! Does anyone have any flashcards/notes on every researcher we need to know?

I purchased the Loopa Revision guide with all of the sample answers and spent literally hours making flashcards of all of the researchers just for one topic, but I haven't even attempted to learn from them as it's too many!

Also, does anyone know if the information from simplypsychology.org is enough to learn for the exam? If it would be enough then that's perfect and I'll just learn off of there but it doesn't seem like enough!

Please help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evekay)
    Does anyone have a reasonably simple and standard list of studies/researchers that I can just learn? It feels like all my revision has consisted of is deciding which ones/how many to learn and I haven't got anywhere and do not know anything! Does anyone have any flashcards/notes on every researcher we need to know?

I purchased the Loopa Revision guide with all of the sample answers and spent literally hours making flashcards of all of the researchers just for one topic, but I haven't even attempted to learn from them as it's too many!

Also, does anyone know if the information from simplypsychology.org is enough to learn for the exam? If it would be enough then that's perfect and I'll just learn off of there but it doesn't seem like enough!

Please help!
    I use simplypsychology along with my AS companion revision guide so that if there's any other studies you can use, you can just add them although it has all the information, i wouldn't suggest using it on its own

ReputationRep:
    For anyone struggling with Unit 2, I've attached my notes to this post. I sat my AS Psychology last year and achieved an A using these notes. I hope they're useful
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: odt Individual Differences Extended Notes.odt (24.1 KB, 172 views)
  2. File Type: docx Social Influence Extended Notes.docx (18.9 KB, 145 views)
  3. File Type: rtf Stress Extended Notes.rtf (82.4 KB, 148 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prophetkid)
    For anyone struggling with Unit 2, I've attached my notes to this post. I sat my AS Psychology last year and achieved an A using these notes. I hope they're useful
    Thank you soo sooo much !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prophetkid)
    Thank you so so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shamzy25)
    I've just finished research into conformity and explanations of conformity

I'm now on to obedience. But I'm not sure if I can just use Milgram as a study.... Are there other studies? I can't seem to find them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hofling et al and Rank et al could be useful too

ReputationRep:
    I am really finding the approaches to abnormality hard to remember :mad:
    I think abnormality is what is knocking my confidence for this exam

ReputationRep:
    Outline the biological approach to psychopathology (6 marks)

The biological approach also known as the medical model to psychopathology suggests abnormality is caused by physical factors. Abnormality is caused by the malfunctioning of the brain and the systems in the body are used to explain abnormality.
    In biochemistry the dopa-mine hypothesis suggests that high levels of dopa-mine are related to the symptoms of schizophrenia.
    Abnormalities are sometimes a result of genetic inheritance. For example Torrey (2001) found that mothers of people who have schizophrenia had contacted a particular strain of influenza during pregnancy. This virus would enter the unborn child's brain leading to the symptoms of schizophrenia.
    Neurotransmitter serotonin is a biochemical which carries signals between the brain cells. High levels of serotonin have been associated with anxiety.
    The biological approach assumes abnormality can be treated like a physical condition and through focusing treatment on bodily functions.

Could someone please tell me the marks out of 6 for this question. Thank you in advance.

ReputationRep:
    So who here is single anyways?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.