Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Julesdel)
    Post and sent it gteed next day delivery -tracked. The occupational health form is downloaded .
    I'm a little nervous about the OH form because I have to wait for my doctor to spend up to a week faffing about with it, and then I would miss the deadline...

ReputationRep:
    If any one is looking for private student accommodation or knows someone who is, please feel free to contact me. I had University of Glasgow as my insurance but got into my firm, so now the housing that I had chosen is available. It is an en-suite room in Kelvingrove House, walking distance from the University.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys! any idea which accommodation is closest to the medical school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachel_roar)
    The student apartments are only a couple of minutes away. Kelvinhaugh and cairncross are 15. QM and Winton are 20. Murano 20-25.

I went with murano for the social life!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachel_roar)
    Kelvingrove house is an 11 min walk.

ReputationRep:
    hey, i got an offer about a week ago & im just wondering if there is a facebook group chat or anything like that so that i can get to know other new medical students going to Glasgow. thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idkmedapplicant)
    hey, i got an offer about a week ago & im just wondering if there is a facebook group chat or anything like that so that i can get to know other new medical students going to Glasgow. thanks
    Congratulations!

Here's a link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1660098340879280/

Request to join and I'll add you in 👍

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I've just been given an unconditional in Clearing a day ago and I'm not sure about all these forms. Could someone help me please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vicstar65399)
    Hi,
    I've just been given an unconditional in Clearing a day ago and I'm not sure about all these forms. Could someone help me please?
    I also had that. Which ones are you unsure about?

ReputationRep:
    I think all of them as I am not sure about what they mean by the certified copies of birth certificate, passport etc. does it need to be certified by someone or do you hand it in as it is? Also has anyone been given dates about health appointments?

ReputationRep:
    I think all of them as I am not sure about what they mean by the certified copies of birth certificate, passport etc. does it need to be certified by someone or do you hand it in as it is? Also has anyone been given dates about health appointments?
    They mean just photocopies of your documents, because they're official. No one needs to sign them off.
    The health appointments have been given out, I'm not sure what they waited for, but email admissions about it if you haven't got yours.

ReputationRep:
    OK thanks
    I think I may need to wait as they said that I'll have to wait til Monday so that they'll open Clearing for me

ReputationRep:
    OK thanks
    I think I may need to wait as they said that I'll have to wait til Monday so that they'll open Clearing for me
    When I did that, I didn't understand what I had to do - I needed to select 'other' from the drop down list and then type 'A100' in the box.

Honestly, I was panicking and phoning them about it all day because I didn't see it in the options

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How does clearing for medicine work? I thought medicine wouldn't be in clearing - is it only available to those who applied for medicine and didn't get an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuba123)
    How does clearing for medicine work? I thought medicine wouldn't be in clearing - is it only available to those who applied for medicine and didn't get an offer?
    It depends. This year seemed like a bit of an exception because a few more medical schools (probably 3 or 4) had places through clearing (A-Level results were lower overall). Generally, universities have a waiting list of applicants they had already interviewed and they call them up.
    But, the process for switching university course on UCAS goes through clearing, even if it is adjustment

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 26, 2016

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.