Turn on thread page Beta
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Good job to all with offers. As ever anything about medicine/Kings just ask away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    Good job to all with offers. As ever anything about medicine/Kings just ask away
    still haven't heard back post interview- do you think they have given out all the offers? wold you think they have many left to give out? haven't been rejected which is always a positive!!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by nollib5252)
    still haven't heard back post interview- do you think they have given out all the offers? wold you think they have many left to give out? haven't been rejected which is always a positive!!
    Indeed always positive, and as far as I know they can give out offers really late. My medicine offer when I applied a few years back came out on March 27th or something like that. Whether they've changed that I don't know, but there's always hope until you get a final decision.

ReputationRep:
    Do Kings students have specific freshers events or is it just a ton of club promotions and people go wherever with people they live with? My current university is in a fairly small city so there are set events but it seems weird it would be like that in London. Also do KCL interact with the other london universities much?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Hze11dhu)
    Do Kings students have specific freshers events or is it just a ton of club promotions and people go wherever with people they live with? My current university is in a fairly small city so there are set events but it seems weird it would be like that in London. Also do KCL interact with the other london universities much?
    You'll have KCL specific events as well as more broader London uni wide ones. I think the latter ones, the more general ones, are more common since there's the entirety of London nightlife available to everyone. But throughout the year you will have events tailored to specifically Kings, as well as specifically towards the medical school. This is also how people from here interact with the other unis, along with sports and societies of course.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Could you maybe do a quick advantage/disadvantages type thing for the medical school? I've heard a lot of bad things, more so than good :/
    Secondly, is it quite cliquey?
    What accommodation would you say was best for first year?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hey was just wondering which accommodation is best? Wolfson house seems pretty bad but I wouldn't really want to stay too far away from the campus , thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You'll have KCL specific events as well as more broader London uni wide ones. I think the latter ones, the more general ones, are more common since there's the entirety of London nightlife available to everyone. But throughout the year you will have events tailored to specifically Kings, as well as specifically towards the medical school. This is also how people from here interact with the other unis, along with sports and societies of course.
    Thanks for your reply Does the med school have its own freshers events during freshers week?

ReputationRep:
    Any offers today???

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your reply Does the med school have its own freshers events during freshers week?
    Why are you bothered about this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stychomythia)
    Why are you bothered about this?
    Because I've had my freshers at university already and the only freshers I'd be interested in is the med ones in order to make med friends. Sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shehzads)
    Hi, where else did you apply?
    When did you get it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Because I've had my freshers at university already and the only freshers I'd be interested in is the med ones in order to make med friends. Sorry
    But those are the very people you'll already be meeting on your course...

ReputationRep:
    Can you book accommodation for your reserve and how likely are you to not get the one you want if its not your firm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stychomythia)
    But those are the very people you'll already be meeting on your course...
    Well not really, if there is one just for KCL in general, then I'd meet people doing all sorts of things. I was just wondering since the medics have their own medics association, maybe they'd have their own freshers events.

I'm not super anti-social! It's just I can't be bothered with another freshers I feel like I'm too old, and it's aimed at 18 year olds! Whereas medicine is one of those subjects where a fair lot of people have already done a degree/are mature students too, so I'd probably enjoy those events more!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received an offer in the last few days or so? How many do you reckon are left or is it all rejections now?

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting as well!! I think they gave out some rejections last week, not sure about this week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dj3k)
    Has anyone received an offer in the last few days or so? How many do you reckon are left or is it all rejections now?
    won't be just rejections left

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nollib5252)
    won't be just rejections left
    I sincerely hope so. How do you know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dj3k)
    I sincerely hope so. How do you know?
    educated guess but Ill email them and see what they say

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 15, 2016

University open days

1. King's College London
    Arts and Humanities (Strand Campus) Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.