Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The suspense is acc killing me !!! I've applied for Pharmacology but does anyone know how long the units take??? I applied to:
    Manchester
    Birmingham
    Bristol
    Leicester
    and Huddersfield

I just wanna know if they want me or not :bawling::bawling::bawling:
    even though my application was only sent off today...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachDaDon)
    The suspense is acc killing me !!! I've applied for Pharmacology but does anyone know how long the units take??? I applied to:
    Manchester
    Birmingham
    Bristol
    Leicester
    and Huddersfield

Manchester was 3 days. Birmingham haven't replied and it's been nearly a month. Although this is for an engineering course. Idk about pharmacology

ReputationRep:
    Sent mine off on Sunday night. (Late, I know, but my school was being so awkward about references). Got an interview offer from Greenwich today! Still waiting on Kingston, Canterbury Christ Church, Brighton and St Mary's Twickenham though, but there will be a backlog from the holiday.

ReputationRep:
    Manchester
    Birmingham
    Bristol
    Leicester
    and Huddersfield

You're gonna be waiting a long time since it was sent off so late, there'll be thousands of applications flooding in this close to the deadline...

ReputationRep:
    Had all my offers for BSc Psychology, sent my application off 30th October and got my responses in this order (can't remember the exact dates)
    Reading - almost immediately, about 2 days later
    Southampton - early november
    Surrey - early to mid november
    Uni of Birmingham - mid to late november
    Aston - still hadn't heard from them by the start of december so withdrew, they were so far down my choice list it wasn't even a back up option.

Accepted Surrey as my firm with AAA requirements and Uni of Birmingham as insurance with AAB requirements at the start of december. Was invited to uni of birmingham applicant day immediately after receiving my offer, only just today been invited to Surrey applicant day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by savingwonderland)
    You're gonna be waiting a long time since it was sent off so late, there'll be thousands of applications flooding in this close to the deadline...
    I know but I blame my school. I've already got an offer from Huddersfield though so lucky me. They only took 2 days

ReputationRep:
    I know but I blame my school. I've already got an offer from Huddersfield though so lucky me. They only took 2 days
    It took me a month to get mine sent off cause they were rubbish with the references and then sent the wrong predicted grades -_- glad i started the process in september haha. Yeah Reading was almost immediate for me too, the worst wait was for the uni that i really wanted to hear from

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting for offers from Loughborough and Birmingham. I sent my application on 26th October and heard back from 3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by savingwonderland)
    It took me a month to get mine sent off cause they were rubbish with the references and then sent the wrong predicted grades -_- glad i started the process in september haha. Yeah Reading was almost immediate for me too, the worst wait was for the uni that i really wanted to hear from
    Yeah I'm not looking forward to the wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by confusedbutton)
    I applied to York and got an offer a week later. hope this helps

Applied to Sheffield, got an offer 2-3 weeks later, different course though.

ReputationRep:
    Applied to International Business/+management and have reveived all my offers. Applied early December.
    Portsmouth - came within a week, however upgraded my offer to unconditional a week on from first offer.
    Oxford Brookes - came second few days after BBB
    Then Royal Holloway week after application ABB
    Sheffield (about 2-3 weeks after app) AAB Incl. Gs
    Liverpool was last to offer, 28th December. ABB excl. Gs

Hope this helps anyone, would like to hear from people applying to the same uni+course as me. Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how long Newcastle takes for the Media subjects? Applied for Media, Communication and Cultural Studies, send off my application on 12 Dec. I'm an international student (Germany) so soes anyone know if there are any specifics? Thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    Hi, has anyone applied or had any offers for a foundation course at Durham, Leeds and Sussex? I applied in early December but I have only had acknowledgments so far and no offers but no rejections? I'm getting impatient!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Manchester
    Birmingham
    Bristol
    Leicester
    and Huddersfield

I also applied for Pharmacology at Manchester and they took about 5 weeks to reply back with an invitation to come to an interview so they take a while! Also, there will be a flood of applications over the next week so it may take longer than that! I don't know about any of the other universities though, but I have had friends apply to Bristol and received offers in about a week or so!

ReputationRep:
    Ive applied to do Business and Mngt at Exeter, Cardiff, Loughborough, York and Swansea. Cardiff replied with an offer quickly but still waiting on te others. I applied mid December but realise xmas holidays held things up. anyone any timeframes on Exeter for Business?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how long Surrey take to reply? Just waiting on their decision now and hoping it comes soon, though I have a feeling it'll be March I receive it

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how fast and slow these universities are:

Newcastle
    Liverpool
    Warwick
    Leeds
    Exeter

And is it bad that I haven't had an offer yet? I sent my application about 2 weeks ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smegsxo)
    Anyone know how long Surrey take to reply? Just waiting on their decision now and hoping it comes soon, though I have a feeling it'll be March I receive it
    You get an offer after you've attended an applicant day, that's when I got mine, but I don't know if all courses have them (You'll get an invitation through the applicant portal if yours does).

ReputationRep:
    Same question - does anyone know when I can expect an offer from:
    Edinburgh
    Southampton
    Birmingham
    Glasgow
    Nottingham
    ?

Applying for CS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obstrepherous)
    Does anyone know how fast and slow these universities are:

Newcastle
    Liverpool
    Warwick
    Leeds
    Exeter

And is it bad that I haven't had an offer yet? I sent my application about 2 weeks ago
    I applied to Exeter for Art History and Modern Languages on the 25th November and had an offer from them in just under a month (17 or 18th December I think) Good luck with your application!

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.