Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anitatoz)
    I got rejected from UCL cos of my essay too and I'm wondering the same thing about Durham and KCL
    Durham and Kings go by the score.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cholesta)
    That's a relief to hear, but how do you know that??
    Any idea what their cut offs are?

ReputationRep:
    That's a relief to hear, but how do you know that??
    Any idea what their cut offs are?
    It's on their website, I think. The only one who places emphasis on the essay is UCL. Oxford also look at it but place emphasis on the score. People have phoned Kings and Durham and have been told a cut off score. My son got 31 in Lnat and was rejected by UCL because of the essay. I'm sure Kings cutoff was 26 last year and Durhams was lower.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobkata)
    I scored 22 and got an offer from durham. Do you think I have a chance at UCL?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats on your LNAT score and offer! do you mind me asking what grades you got for AS/your predicted grades? Thanks, still waiting to hear from Durham

I will😒 if you do well at A level, there is
    adjustment or you could take a gap year and reapply.
    the problem with taking a gap year is that once people become too comfortable with gap years, they continue taking consecutive gap years and then lose interest in studying altogether. In some faces, Depending on perhaps maturity in later years, these student may want to return to studies.

I got rejected from UCL cos of my essay too and I'm wondering the same thing about Durham and KCL
    Cholesta is right. Durham and KCL go by scores. UCL pays attention to the essay. Nottingham too are adamant about the scores.

ReputationRep:
    is 22 from the LNAT too low for Nottingham ? Because my friend got rejected from KCL with that score and I haven't seen aynone posting anything about Notts' cut-off for LNAT.... sooo worried

ReputationRep:
    hello! i firmed my offer for SOAS for law - im in my gap year atm - anyone else going to study law in london? - how are you all going about for accomodation?? i am thinking of doing a flat share

ReputationRep:
    I really want to know Nottingham's cut off or average also. It seems as if they are reluctant to put a figure to it!

ReputationRep:
    Regarding Nottingham's cut off, I spoke to a member of their admissions team at an open day and they said it was a score of 20 on the LNAT. However, I think the average score is higher than last year's so it could be a bit higher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steffany777)
    Hey I got 19/42 on the lnat and I am waiting for an offer from KCL... Do you think that my score is too low and do you know which is the lowest lnat score that they have accepted?
    I was rejected by KCL with LNAT 18, they said my LNAT score was not competetive so I guess they will be looking for at least the 23 average when the say competetive unless you have something outstanding in the application that makes them forget the LNAT

ReputationRep:
    I got 23/42 for my LNAT, feeling rather disappointed. Got an offer from Bristol and a rejection from UCL on the basis of my LNAT. Still waiting for news from Durham and KCL, do you think I stand a chance? trying to remain optimistic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yvchan)
    I got 23/42 for my LNAT, feeling rather disappointed. Got an offer from Bristol and a rejection from UCL on the basis of my LNAT. Still waiting for news from Durham and KCL, do you think I stand a chance? trying to remain optimistic
    I don't know anything about KCL but I know people who've been given offers from Durham with the same LNAT score as you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Solrac777)
    I don't know anything about KCL but I know people who've been given offers from Durham with the same LNAT score as you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for letting me know, hopefully an offer comes soon!

ReputationRep:
    Anything from ucl today?

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know the cut-off LNAT score of Nottingham ?

ReputationRep:
    I've heard that people say that 25 is the cutoff score and I've also heard people say that it is the average score for KCL. Does anyone know for sure which one it is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seasoning)
    I've heard that people say that 25 is the cutoff score and I've also heard people say that it is the average score for KCL. Does anyone know for sure which one it is?
    how lenient is Notts ? for example would 24 be enough ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asgunsur)
    how lenient is Notts ? for example would 24 be enough ?
    My friend got an offer this year for law at Notts with a prediction on only AAA instead of A*AA and he got 25 on his lnat. However his offer was still the standard A*AA. I wonder how lenient they would be on him on results day if he only gets AAA?

ReputationRep:
    I also know of people who have been predicted A*AA and been given an offer at Notts with 21 in the lnat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elisheak)
    hahaa and omg but you have great offers! Let me know when you hear from SOAS!

Aww, thanks Good luck. I definitely will let you know.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.