The Arsenal Thread XXIV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hahahahahahaha im dead

ReputationRep:
    But nah, Monreal and Kosc are definitely the best in the league/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Arsenal are a joke team since when was Shane Long a good player?
    Quite some time actually. The guy is persistent and a good finisher on his day.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    Can guarentee you've said something retarded and deluded though - you usually do.

2 points off relegation in bad form, but at least we have good times to remember from the past few years; as opposed to the annual cycle of doing well, then completely bottling it and then doing well for a few games before believing you'll win the treble, world cup and formula one world title.

Arsenal fans are the worst around and it's always hilarious seeing their dreams crumble.
    No dreams crumbled here tbh. Title can still be ours

ReputationRep:
    Can guarentee you've said something retarded and deluded though - you usually do.

2 points off relegation in bad form, but at least we have good times to remember from the past few years; as opposed to the annual cycle of doing well, then completely bottling it and then doing well for a few games before believing you'll win the treble, world cup and formula one world title.

Arsenal fans are the worst around and it's always hilarious seeing their dreams crumble.
    You're still 2 points off, excuses excuses.

Assemble a bunch of my 'deluded and retarded' posts then please and I will accept. Not something to be proud of but I'm usually pessimistic about our chances for anything so if you're going to throw around stupid statements, at least get it right.

4-0. Off to commit x

ReputationRep:
    #rekted

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Meh. It was a bad performance but it's just one game. (marred a wonder strike and two goals that came from bad decisions too!)

We're still two points off the top of the table with half the season yet to play.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Actually it is man.

It's more than one loss if you let it get to you. If you win your next game, it doesn't matter - merely a blip amidst a good run of form.

I understand the negativity because it's really frustrating when your team fails to capitalise (trust me I know) but all things considered, results could've gone much worse for you today.
    End of the season it'll bite us in the back if we don't win the title and then we'll look back at these results in hindsight. We do it every year. I hate the term "it's one loss" because if it was 1 loss you'd storm the league. This is our 4th loss and we have 36/54 points.

If we draw the next game and City win, we're 3rd. I wouldn't put it against Bournemouth to get a result either because they've had some big results this season. Fact is we shouldn't be in this position in the first place. Arguably after Chelsea, we were favourites for the title at the start of the season and people expected City to implode (which I argued last season wouldn't happen).

It's complete under performance, I've used this word quite a bit and I'll continue to do so because it's summed us up so far.

ReputationRep:
    It's the taking part that counts...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trapking)
    hahahahahahaha im dead
    I imagine you would be after losing to stoke

(Original post by e aí rapaz)
    Meh. It was a bad performance but it's just one game. (marred a wonder strike and two goals that came from bad decisions too!)

We're still two points off the top of the table with half the season yet to play.
    It's not one ****ing game. But yeah I still think title is in reach fwiw

Have to add that losing 2-0 is completely fine and understandable in a dip of form, but alarm bells should ring if you're losing 4-0 to a mid table side.

ReputationRep:
    But nah, Monreal and Kosc are definitely the best in the league/
    Monreal and Koscielny are amongst the best in the league in their position. That's not particularly controversial to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Title contenders my foot.

****ing Liverpool helped do the job today and we **** off and do this. This is why pundits never take us seriously when asked "can Arsenal win the league" cos we always go round and do **** like this.

Awful defending, absolutely afwul.

This is the 5th chance this season thus far we could have gone top and not taken advantage.

And oh look for ****s sake we bring on Chambers. ****ing this ****.

Not posting in FF (except misc maybe) till our next win. I'm actually fuming.

And yes it really is this deep. 3 ****ing nil???

****ing bottlers.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    are
    Spoiler:
    Show
    you
    Spoiler:
    Show
    mad

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I imagine you would be after losing to stoke
    what a poor joke....

try again bruh

ReputationRep:
    AFTV going to be so good tonight

"The milk's gone stale"

ReputationRep:

Don't worry guys I'm gonna go jump off the nearest bridge.
    Was thinking of drinking bleach but that would be too painful.
    Arsenal will never win the League with Wenger. #WengerOut
    Get Pep while we still can.

ReputationRep:
    Bring back Frimpong.

(Original post by trapking)
    what a poor joke....

try again bruh
    Except it wasn't a joke, because you did lose to Stoke..

When's the last time you won a game btw? Curious.

ReputationRep:
    You guys are ****.
    Dirtybit
    Is the word 'rekt' suitable in this situation?

ReputationRep:
    Bellerin was the only Arsenal defender to win a tackle tonight

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.