Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    On every past paper I've done, if there is no single option for 0 it is classed as wrong according to the mark schemes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rebecca-Joseph)
    On every past paper I've done, if there is no single option for 0 it is classed as wrong according to the mark schemes.
    Oh, don't get me wrong. Im not saying having a single option for 0 is wrong because that's completely fine. I'm saying it's just as acceptable to include an option for 0 in a range.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    Oh, don't get me wrong. Im not saying having a single option for 0 is wrong because that's completely fine. I'm saying it's just as acceptable to include an option for 0 in a range.
    Yes you are correct

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ohh okay, thanks for letting me know

ReputationRep:
    I may be wrong, but wasn't the expand and simplify 2 marks and the simple factorisation only 1 mark?

Spoiler:
    Show

Question 4. Simplify.
    P2 x P5 = P7 (1 mark)

G6 ÷ G4 = G2 (1 mark)

(K3)2 = K6 (1 mark)

Expand and simplify 3(m+4) - 2(m+1) (1 mark)

10-5m

Factorise n2 - 7n (2 marks)

n(n-7)

ReputationRep:
    for the circle and square areas, if i wrote 100 - 25pi in my working out clearly but put 75pi in the answer box, would I still drop a mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveMoishe)
    I may be wrong, but wasn't the expand and simplify 2 marks and the simple factorisation only 1 mark?
    Spoiler:
    Show

Question 4. Simplify.
    P2 x P5 = P7 (1 mark)

G6 ÷ G4 = G2 (1 mark)

(K3)2 = K6 (1 mark)

Expand and simplify 3(m+4) - 2(m+1) (1 mark)

10-5m

Factorise n2 - 7n (2 marks)

n(n-7)

They're all correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonathantD)
    for the circle and square areas, if i wrote 100 - 25pi in my working out clearly but put 75pi in the answer box, would I still drop a mark?
    3 mark question. 1 mark for area of a square and 1 for circle - I think

last mark for correct answer

However It could be 1 mark for area of circle and square, 1 mark for 100-25pi and the final mark for 25(4-pi)

Since the official mark scheme isn't out we don't know. However I think it's the first option. So you'd only drop one mark.

ReputationRep:
    Who do you think you are??? Running around the skies tearing marks apart?? Who do you think you are...

ReputationRep:
    3 mark question. 1 mark for area of a square and 1 for circle - I think

last mark for correct answer

Cependant It could be 1 mark for area of circle and square, 1 mark for 100-25pi and the final mark for 25(4-pi)

Puisque the official mark scheme isn't out we don't know. Cependant I think it's the first option. So you'd only drop one mark.
    alright.

also for the rotation question, if i rotated it correctly but clockwise instead of anticlockwise would I get one of the marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike1221)
    Who do you think you are??? Running around the skies tearing marks apart?? Who do you think you are...
    u w0t m8

ReputationRep:
    alright.

also for the rotation question, if i rotated it correctly but clockwise instead of anticlockwise would I get one of the marks?
    Most likely no marks at all since it was only a 2 mark question IIRC.

ReputationRep:
    No chance. An expand and simplify question would NEVER be one mark. It is two. And the factorising question is only 1 mark. I am 100% sure.

They're all correct.

ReputationRep:
    If you write T=5x+2y, you get 3 marks, with no working?

What if you write 100-25pi, then the next line write (100-25pi)/4, as I thought it was only one shaded bit we were trying to find?

ReputationRep:
    Most likely no marks at all puisque it was only a 2 mark question IIRC.
    they do 2 marks for correct answer? damn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveMoishe)
    No chance. An expand and simplify question would NEVER be one mark. It is two. And the factorising question is only 1 mark. I am 100% sure.
    Haha n^2 - 7n can only be factorised as n(n-7) or I guess you could complete the square on it, however that would be ****ing pointless and incorrect.

ReputationRep:
    3(m+4)-2(m+1)=(3m+12)-2m-2= 3m-2m+12-2 = m+10
    They're all correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike1221)
    3(m+4)-2(m+1)=(3m+12)-2m-2= 3m-2m+12-2 = m+10
    Wrong.

3(m+4)-2(4m-1) expanded is 3m+12-8m-2 = -5m+10

ReputationRep:
    Haha n^2 - 7n can only be factorised as n(n-7) or I guess you could complete the square on it, however that would be ****ing pointless and incorrect.
    I don't understand your point. I know it can only be factorised in this way. It was only 1 mark, the original spec should be adjusted, as it was the expand and simplify was 2 marks, for expanding correctly, then simplifying.

ReputationRep:
    they do 2 marks for correct answer? damn.
    You may get one mark, as if you rotated it 90 degrees and by the correct point, it is only the anti bit you got wrong.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.