UKCAT 2008 Thread Watch

Medicine Man
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by crazylemon)
Same as mine but to an extent true, I dont mind working alone if I need to.
If you need to i suppose thats fine. However, it states a "tendency to" which means I come across as "normally wanting to" be on my own, and not " needing to" when it was necessary, if you get my drift!

In a sense, they are saying that majority of the time I'm inroverted, but I'm not convinced thats a good trait to have!
iheartvet
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Medicine Man)
If you need to i suppose thats fine. However, it states a "tendency to" which means I come across as "normally wanting to" be on my own, and not " needing to" when it was necessary, if you get my drift!

In a sense, they are saying that majority of the time I'm inroverted, but I'm not convinced thats a good trait to have!
I got the same for the analysis as you did! I do not think it is true of me at all, I would hardly consider myself an introvert. I asked other people if they thought it was true about me and they said they did not think so either. I would take it all with a pinch of salt.
crazylemon
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

True though to be fair I'm not as extrovet as most also but seeing as they dont get the NCA until after offers it doesnt really matter
Medicine Man
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by crazylemon)
True though to be fair I'm not as extrovet as most also but seeing as they dont get the NCA until after offers it doesnt really matter
really???

thats a good thing - thats definitely calmed me down a lot.:yep: :yep:
crazylemon
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
really???

thats a good thing - thats definitely calmed me down a lot.:yep: :yep:
I believe so
Nicolish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I just got:

Compared to the responces of other people, your responces suggest that you appear to balance being self-sufficient, discreet and happy to make your own decisions with being socially and emotionally engaged and outgoing.

I'm not too sure if that is true or not...I'm weird enough to never fit into any categories xD
jjkkll
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i got

"Compared to the responses of other people, your responses suggest that you place a higher
value on the laws, norms, conventions and expectations of society. This approach may cause
you a dilemma when they appear to conflict with the freedom or rights of individuals. In such
circumstances you may be more likely than others to support the rights and needs of the society
or community over those of the individual."
tired
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Maybe a mod or someone could do an overall tsr average score? .....btw i got 662.5 avergae....applying for dentistry
matt^
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ello.
ive just started sort of peparing work experience and voluntary stuff and so i havent heard much about the UKCAT stuff but im going to be doing mine next year and was wondering if there was anyway of practicing or preparing for it? are re-takes possible if i do terribles?
tanks
Hyeree
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by matt^)
ello.
ive just started sort of peparing work experience and voluntary stuff and so i havent heard much about the UKCAT stuff but im going to be doing mine next year and was wondering if there was anyway of practicing or preparing for it? are re-takes possible if i do terribles?
tanks
next year???
you should worry about UKCAT yet!
i prepared (2hrs at school with a teacher.. and) 5hrs the night before doing practice questions etc.

and there are no retakes for that year. you mess up this year and dont get a place, then you take it again next year and try again!
kadhumia_flo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Medicine sux. Don't do medicine!
money-makes-friends
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
im doing my UKCAT on 7 october...i have done very little preparation and have been getting some poor marks...what should i do?
AmitYiddo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
relax, do nothing.. just do ur best on the day of the exam.
Myoclonic Jerk
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
phew *finally resumes normal breathing rate*
are you certain though?
don't want to get my hopes up to see them crash right in front of me!:yep:
No, I just said it to lull you into a false sense of security... :rolleyes:
clairedelune
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hi medicine man
i remember that we both did the test on the same date and i got 655 average. Its also very suspicious that i have the exact same non-cognitive paragraph as you!
it is very disappointing isn't it, doesn't sound accurate at all, jsut a copy and random paste job. sounds like we're hermit crabs.
Myoclonic Jerk
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well they're not going to give everyone a personalised report, are they? You'll slot into one of x number of categories, so people are bound to be in the same category as each other...
Medicine Man
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by clairedelune)
hi medicine man
i remember that we both did the test on the same date and i got 655 average. Its also very suspicious that i have the exact same non-cognitive paragraph as you!
it is very disappointing isn't it, doesn't sound accurate at all, jsut a copy and random paste job. sounds like we're hermit crabs.
I'll just totally ignore that result tbh - it seems to be quite an unnecessary section IMO.
Our score should (hopefully) be ok enough for them to give us offers despite what the NCA says.
Anyway, I think we're stressing for no apparent reason - supposedly they don't even see the result!
magichearts
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My non-cognitive section had FIVE paragraphs. :eek:
freakazoid.azoid
Report 10 years ago
I just gave my UKCAT exam today. My first attempt and I got:
Verbal: 510
Quantitive: 720
Abstract: 590
Decision analysis: 690

Average: 627.5

And my questionnaire results are strange:
Compared to the responses of other people, your responses suggest tendency to be a bit more self-sufficient, discreet and happy to make your own decisions. This may also mean that you may come across as more private, reserved, self-reliant and introverted, which may sometimes make you appear more emotionally distant from others.

Compared to the responses of other people, your responses suggest you place a higher value on the laws, conventions and expectations of society. This approach may cause you a dilemma when they appear to conflict with the freedom or rights of individuals. In such circumstances you may be more likely than others to support the rights and needs of the society or community over those of the individual..

Is this all meant to be considered good or bad?? And my score?

However, my academic achievements (so far) include:
IGCSE second language English = A*
IGCSE Mathematics = A*
IGCSE Chemistry = A*
IGCSE Biology = A*
IGCSE Physics = A*
IGCSE Business Studies = A
O-level Second Language Urdu = A
O-level Pakistan Studies = A
O-level Islamiyat = A
A-s level Chemistry = A
A-s level Biology = A
A-s level Physics = A

I'm applying to Kings college, Barts, Sheffield and Liverpool for dentistry 2009. Any advice considering my all of my results, since i have time to amend my selection?

Hoping for some good responses.
i_hate_examz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
not sure if im meant tp post this here, but Ive got my UKCAT on Wed, i was doing some questions on MEDICMIX,a nd need help with this one

The answer is A and I cant figure out why !
Attached files
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (301)
37.44%
No - but I will (61)
7.59%
No - I don't want to (60)
7.46%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (382)
47.51%

Watched Threads