actually i got my offer on nov 30th last year
I know, i was talking about December.
littlemiss-sunshine
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by dewinte)
How many early appliers like me don't have decisions? My application was processed by UCAS on the 6th of Oct, had my first offer on the 8th from Manchester. So LSE definitely had it by the 8th
Me I applied 7th October and had a confirmation soon after... I've decided to forget about LSE for the moment, concentrate on the Oxford interview and keep my fingers crossed for Bristol - then an LSE offer would be a nice bonus
TheTallOne
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 2strong)
I KNEW YOU WOULD GET ONE!!!! WELL DONE!

ALSO, confirms the theory - LSE and UCL are DEFO communicating. People who havnt got UCL got LSE, and it seems people who did get UCL didnt get LSE. Does anyone hold offers frm both UCL and LSE for Economics?
I've got offers from both, although UCL is for Maths and LSE is for Maths and Econ.

But hey, it isn't straight Econ.
Tahadayem
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
i got an offer yesterday for economics: conditional - 43 points in IB and 776 in highers (7 in Maths HL) its really frikin high so im not that happy about it! - anyway i talked to the admissions officer last night and she said that there will be no more offers before new years and apparently there's a rumour going around that this year its extremely competitive!

I got rejected from oxford for PPE at Pembroke - i have no idea y tho my PS was amazing and i have 12 A*s at GCSE and a predicted of 44 at IB.

UCAS applications
Oxford(Pembroke) PPE - Rejected
LSE Economics - Offer
UCL Economics - offer 36 665 in HL's
Warwick PPE - offer 37
SOAS politics and economics - 38 766 in HL's
dewinte
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tahadayem)
anyway i talked to the admissions officer last night and she said that there will be no more offers before new years and apparently there's a rumour going around that this year its extremely competitive!
Would that be for straight econ or all the courses? Sorry about Oxford.
amar09
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
i got an offer yesterday for economics: conditional - 43 points in IB and 776 in highers (7 in Maths HL) its really frikin high so im not that happy about it! - anyway i talked to the admissions officer last night and she said that there will be no more offers before new years and apparently there's a rumour going around that this year its extremely competitive!

I got rejected from oxford for PPE at Pembroke - i have no idea y tho my PS was amazing and i have 12 A*s at GCSE and a predicted of 44 at IB.

UCAS applications
LSE Economics - Offer
Warwick PPE - offer 37
The condition is you getting 43 points!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

wtf is that about?!?!?!
ysbera
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I am applying for Management at LSE.
Economist1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by amar09)
The condition is you getting 43 points!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

wtf is that about?!?!?!
An offer's an offer amar09, can't really complain. I'm sure they'll probably ask you to get 40 or 41.
amar09
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Economist1)
An offer's an offer amar09, can't really complain. I'm sure they'll probably ask you to get 40 or 41.
Im not complaining, thats just very high, considering they say their typical offer is 38 points...I don't see anypeople with 5 a-levels being asked to get AAAAA. So why would they suddenly hike up the IB offer?:confused:
Economist1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by amar09)
Im not complaining, thats just very high, considering they say their typical offer is 38 points...I don't see anypeople with 5 a-levels being asked to get AAAAA. So why would they suddenly hike up the IB offer?:confused:
Hmmmm. Interesting. My guess would be that they're doing it because they can. The applicant concerned is obviously good enough to get the 43 in any case.
Ben Amanna
Report 10 years ago
rejected from lse for management! arghh so annoyed because i thought i had a good chance! no decision letter sent why. got my rejection on tuesday.
Economist1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ben Amanna)
rejected from lse for management! arghh so annoyed because i thought i had a good chance! no decision letter sent why. got my rejection on tuesday.
Sorry to hear that. You can always ring them up / email.
J234
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

UCAS applications
LSE Economics - Offer
Warwick PPE - offer 37
No offense, but why do people always think their PS is "amazing." Oxford don't reject people for no reason, maybe they felt it wasn't well targeted at PPE?
Krush
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Jaanu7)
I got my offer today for Maths and Economics :woo:
So relieved but now theres the dilemma of MMORSE at Warwick or Maths and Eco at LSE? Sooooo confused!
Tough one! Both are excellent courses. MORSE is a significantly more quantitative course than Maths+Econ if that helps. Do you have an idea of what you would want to do later on?
Kookie_Krystal
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wow..congo to everyone who got an offer!!!!!
Has anyone applied for Human Resource Management and Employment Relations???
Sent my app on 9th Oct and havent heard a thing!
The_Hessian
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ben Amanna)
Sorry to hear that Ben Amanna ... I actually thought the Management tutors had not started working yet, since we haven't heard anything from them until now ....

Good luck on your other applications !
Mike_P
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm sorry to hear that mate, you are not alone.

Well done to the other offers!
Ben Amanna
Report 10 years ago
yh thats a good point actually someone just raised. my PS was targeted at E&M and i applied for str8 Man at LSE. got offer from Bristol for E&M awaiting Oxford. so still could be good
Tahadayem
Report 10 years ago
Ya i know, my college counselor was extremely surprised at LSE's offer, she said its the first time she hears of an offer that high! i'm extremely confused!

I have question: what are the chances to getting accepted to for a post graduate degree at oxford? are they higher than undergrad? do your IB scores matter?
deedeezc
Report 10 years ago
One of my classmates got an offer yesterday for Law at LSE. However, I was sent an email from the undergraduates department saying they will make the decision later. I'm applying for straight Government, has anyone got an offer for that yet? I'm also under 18.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (21)
25%
No - I got the required grades (52)
61.9%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (11)
13.1%

Watched Threads