The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ADREAM
Oh. Look what I just saw on the ICL site:

The BMAT scores will vary from year to year, and so it is not possible to publish a cut-off point. However, on the basis of our previous experience candidates would generally need to obtain 50% in each of the three sections of BMAT in order to be amongst those who are selected for interview.

i,e, 4.7, 4.7, 7.5 minimum.... though there'll probs be one or two exceptions. Darn my 4.4 in S1. Darn that 1 damn mark!!! :frown:

UCL seems harsher than ICL. Risking imperial would have been wiser.

Then again, ucl gives auto int for 5,5,9. Not everyone makes it. So its hard to compare them two unis...
I got 2 rejections today, and another one a few days ago. Now I'm just waiting for the inevitable 4th!
Reply 1962
callum9999
I got 2 rejections today, and another one a few days ago. Now I'm just waiting for the inevitable 4th!

noo dont give up!! :smile:

you still have next year =] reapply!! ^^
Reply 1963
its horrible. you wait desperately to hear some news from your unis and then they all just drop bombs on you. i know the feeling.
callum9999

sorry to hear that
fingers crossed for your last one
they send out replies on saturday?
jojoba123
sorry to hear that
fingers crossed for your last one
they send out replies on saturday?

Well Sheffield appeared unsuccessful on track sometime after 5pm yesterday but I didn't see it until today, and I got a response via post today for Peninsula.

Thanks but I'm very pessimistic now! The 4th is Southampton so if I can't even get to the interview stage in places like Peninsula and Brighton, how on earth am I going to get an offer from Southampton! I suppose there is always a slim chance, and I'll definately apply again next year.
got a rejection w/o interview from UCL last night - completely wasn't expecting it! - i thought ICL would reject me first!!!
callum9999
Well Sheffield appeared unsuccessful on track sometime after 5pm yesterday but I didn't see it until today, and I got a response via post today for Peninsula.

Thanks but I'm very pessimistic now! The 4th is Southampton so if I can't even get to the interview stage in places like Peninsula and Brighton, how on earth am I going to get an offer from Southampton! I suppose there is always a slim chance, and I'll definately apply again next year.

yh im still waiting on southampton as well
only 2 ppl heard from the that i know
i'm normally pessimistic but tring to be optimistic this year for the sake of uni application lol
when does the track close? Deadline for accepting offers?
jojoba123
yh im still waiting on southampton as well
only 2 ppl heard from the that i know
i'm normally pessimistic but tring to be optimistic this year for the sake of uni application lol

Trust me, its a lot harder to remain optimistic when you are rejected without interview from 3 of your 4 choices!

At least I now know I don't need to worry about interview preparation!
awwww i know its the worst feeling int he world isnt it!!
last year i was rejected from all 4 unis without interview...and i was like 'do i really appear that bad on paper!!'
its not fair....they should at least interview because they dont know what we are like! i mean...u could get some people with 400 A*s etc...but they may also have no social skills! which is probably one of the main elements in becoming a doctor!
without an interview..how are we meant to be judged!?
xxx
SilentGirl

Early may I believe. Assuming you have had responses from all
xxx lundy

its not fair....they should at least interview because they dont know what we are like!

Most schools don't have the resources to interview everyone

xxx lundy
i mean...u could get some people with 400 A*s etc...but they may also have no social skills!

That's what the interview is used for; such people are rejected after interview (hopefully!)
Reply 1973
SilentGirl

I think officially in late May. 31st, I believe. But check to be sure! :smile:
ADREAM
I think officially in late May. 31st, I believe. But check to be sure! :smile:

....my birthday :tongue:
Reply 1975
OriginofSymmetry
....my birthday :tongue:

Haha - what a wonderful birthday to have! :smile:
ADREAM
Oh. Look what I just saw on the ICL site:

The BMAT scores will vary from year to year, and so it is not possible to publish a cut-off point. However, on the basis of our previous experience candidates would generally need to obtain 50% in each of the three sections of BMAT in order to be amongst those who are selected for interview.

i,e, 4.7, 4.7, 7.5 minimum.... though there'll probs be one or two exceptions. Darn my 4.4 in S1. Darn that 1 damn mark!!! :frown:

Hey, where did you see that on the website? I started searching but I couldn't find it.

I just realised people are getting Imperial interviews THATS SO COOL. Except I havent got an interview, so there's no hope, especially with that information you're giving. I totally was below the average in section 3, (6.0)...hmf. Also hearing nothing from King's... Am getting scared now. :s-smilie:
tweediness
Hey, where did you see that on the website? I started searching but I couldn't find it.

I just realised people are getting Imperial interviews THATS SO COOL. Except I havent got an interview, so there's no hope, especially with that information you're giving. I totally was below the average in section 3, (6.0)...hmf. Also hearing nothing from King's... Am getting scared now. :s-smilie:

You do have queen mary though.
You know when I went to QM open day, crazylemon This parent of a new friend I made told me 'This is nah-thing, you can do so mach bettar' *improvising accent* So I'm feeling a little =\ about it...although I am so overwhelmed about getting an offer in the first place. what you think?
tweediness
You know when I went to QM open day, crazylemon This parent of a new friend I made told me 'This is nah-thing, you can do so mach bettar' *improvising accent* So I'm feeling a little =\ about it...although I am so overwhelmed about getting an offer in the first place. what you think?

I would be delighted you have an offer.
By all means aim for the others, If you get an interview at kings/imperial then great!.
Similar situation for me, I hold 2 offers and delighted by them but if I could get into imperial thats even better.
Just remebr alot of people get no offers at all medicine is really competative so your doing fantastic to have one

Latest

Trending

Trending