The Student Room Group

Very anoying and bossy friend !!!

I have a friend who is very annoying and bossy. She is a not a friend I picked, but I have to be friends with her because her mom and my mom are friends. We are also doing the same A Level subjects and are in the same classes. So I had no choice, but to hang around with her. Sometimes she's OK, but most of the time, she is very bossy. She thinks she's always right and I'm always wrong. She also has a very bad habbit of poking her head into my book and copying my work during maths classes and english classes. This is very annoying. She has done a lot of horrible things to me and I hate her! I kept calm, thinking that it will all be over as soon as finish my A-Level. But when I told her the University I'm applying to she wanted to apply to it aswell. Now she's in the process of applying to the same Uni I applied to. Her mother even asked me whether I want to be her room-mate at uni !!!! My life is a living hell. I do not know what to do. Has any of you experienced a similar situation? How did you handle it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
tell you mum who can maybe talk to her mum. just be straight, there is nothing else you can do! you must do something before it's too late tho x
Reply 2
Exacity, you shouldn't be friends with someone if you don't like them. Just tell your "friend" how you feel. Or tell your mum.
Arrange for her to be kidnapped by four large Italian-American thugs who will break her hands and leave her beaten in a ditch outside Durham. It's the traditional way to deal with these things.
if you really dislike the girl, then there's no point allowing her to belief that you two are good friends.

tell her the truth and let her know what you dislike about her
it can sound harsh and might hurt her now, but it's better than hurting you BOTH later on when you can stand her anymore

she has the right to go to your uni, and you can't stop her from doing so.
but if you make your feelings clear to her, i'm sure she won't be thick enough to still stick around you.

you should let your mom know as well.
Reply 5
Both my parents know, but there's nothing they can do either. At first they didn't believe me. But later on they felt it too.

Thanks for all the advice, guys !!!! I really appreciate it.
Goddess
I have a friend who is very annoying and bossy. She is a not a friend I picked, but I have to be friends with her because her mom and my mom are friends. We are also doing the same A Level subjects and are in the same classes. So I had no choice, but to hang around with her. Sometimes she's OK, but most of the time, she is very bossy. She thinks she's always right and I'm always wrong. She also has a very bad habbit of poking her head into my book and copying my work during maths classes and english classes. This is very annoying. She has done a lot of horrible things to me and I hate her! I kept calm, thinking that it will all be over as soon as finish my A-Level. But when I told her the University I'm applying to she wanted to apply to it aswell. Now she's in the process of applying to the same Uni I applied to. Her mother even asked me whether I want to be her room-mate at uni !!!! My life is a living hell. I do not know what to do. Has any of you experienced a similar situation? How did you handle it?

i have a friend like that, so over powering and it got to the point i was scared to say anything to her to upset her or cause an argument. untill one day i told her how much she affected me and she calmed down and slowly moved away and stopped being such a bitch. its true what everyone else is asaying, both your parents know? have you tryed talking to your 'friends' mum about it? its worth a try :redface: .. and good luck at uni :smile:
Reply 7
xxhayleyxx
i have a friend like that, so over powering and it got to the point i was scared to say anything to her to upset her or cause an argument. untill one day i told her how much she affected me and she calmed down and slowly moved away and stopped being such a bitch. its true what everyone else is asaying, both your parents know? have you tryed talking to your 'friends' mum about it? its worth a try :redface: .. and good luck at uni :smile:

Thanks. I don't think its a good idea to talk to her mom. Bossyness runs in their family. But I asked the University's agent in my country to not to give us accommodation close to each other. It will be OK if don't get rooms near-by. The good thing is, we are applying for two different courses. So I think I wouldn't see her much, unless we get to be room-mates or neighbours :afraid: !!!

Thanks again, for all the advice, people !!!
slap her in the face and say FU*K OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:smile:
Reply 9
gossip_girl

Ferret_messiah

Arrange for her to be kidnapped by four large Italian-American thugs who will break her hands and leave her beaten in a ditch outside Durham. It's the traditional way to deal with these things.

If only I was that lucky :frown: !!!!!
Reply 10
Tell her where you've 'applied' - a long list of universities the other side of the world from here! Failing that, I can always ask my Italian friends to have a 'word' :wink: ...

I had a friend like that, and the best way to deal with it is to tell her where to get off - not rude, but be very honest with her about how you don't want to be friends. If you're a wimp (like me), write her a letter then just sit with other friends in your lessons until she gets the picture. I found telling other people that she was irritating me worked, because they agreed she was annoying and would make sure she couldn't sit near me!
Goddess
If only I was that lucky :frown: !!!!!

just use your imagination......im sure you can find some horrific gossip about her
Reply 12
Madprof
Tell her where you've 'applied' - a long list of universities the other side of the world from here! Failing that, I can always ask my Italian friends to have a 'word' :wink: ...

I had a friend like that, and the best way to deal with it is to tell her where to get off - not rude, but be very honest with her about how you don't want to be friends. If you're a wimp (like me), write her a letter then just sit with other friends in your lessons until she gets the picture. I found telling other people that she was irritating me worked, because they agreed she was annoying and would make sure she couldn't sit near me!

Thanks. She knows the Uni I'm applying to and she also knows that I've applied to only one. (You corrected my PS, remember?) But I think your second idea is great !!!! I'm gonna try it if things get worse.
Reply 13
gossip_girl
just use your imagination......im sure you can find some horrific gossip about her

Wow, you are a genious !!!!!!
why do you keep following her around- sit elswere, ignore her calls, and dont hang round with her! go all moody and tell her to f**k off
Reply 15
Hey Goddess, difficult position you're in. I've been around a few people that have really annoyed me, and can't be wrong or I can't do back what they do to me. Sometimes all it takes is a little kind word but when they're doing what annoys you - "please X stop being so bossy!" or something more polite. I'm sure if she's a good friend she'll be fine - even if it's not immediately. Be firm but friendly/polite, and she should get the hint.

Good luck!
~ j
gossip_girl

heehee :smile: of course you could try that. :rolleyes: :cool:
Goddess
Wow, you are a genious !!!!!!

were you being sarcastic?
Reply 18
gossip_girl
were you being sarcastic?

No, I was actually going to try it. But I'm not quite sure whether it will work or not.
Reply 19
magiccarpet
why do you keep following her around- sit elswere, ignore her calls, and dont hang round with her! go all moody and tell her to f**k off

Thanks. I'm trying to ignore her as much as possible. After all, it's all my fault. I should have never told her the Uni I'm hoping to go to. I should have made-up a lie and would have told her at the last moment. If only I could go back in time!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending