The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It sounds like your mind is really set on medicine. My suggestion would be to have the gap year, ace the A levels in January and then re-apply to the two courses that you can. If you do get rejected, it gives you a bit more time to think through your options as to what you would do. I would suggest then a degree in a medicine related field and then onto a graduate entry stream. Maybe do Biology or similar as a degree which will give you a good foundation.

The other thing being, take pride in what you have achieved. The standard that you need for medicine is above and beyond anything else. You get people thinking they are failures because they have got an AAB!

Co-incidentally, BCD is what I left school with, and I am going to be starting uni in a months time on a physio course, which isn't far off medicine in terms of how competitive it is to get in. Time really is on your side, and although you are dissapointed now, try to take heart in the fact that in a few years time all this will have resolved itself and life goes on! One door has shut, but another has opened - who knows where it will lead.
Reply 121
Ironmike

Co-incidentally, BCD is what I left school with, and I am going to be starting uni in a months time on a physio course, which isn't far off medicine in terms of how competitive it is to get in. Time really is on your side, and although you are dissapointed now, try to take heart in the fact that in a few years time all this will have resolved itself and life goes on! One door has shut, but another has opened - who knows where it will lead.

errrrr
bean87
errrrr

:rofl: at your post
Reply 123
theatrical
Hmm.. nope. Manchester's stance, as it says on their website, is only to accept resitters if they have extenuating circumstances AND only if they applied to Manchester the year before AND received an offer which they accepted as firm.

Sorry to say but Manchester won't consider anyone previously rejected POST interview.

My bad, just checked the link for resit policies haha, anyone know of any others that have changed?
Reply 124
Hi guys, i missed out on y offer for med school by 1 mark got it remarked and it went up four so liverpool av now confirmed my place!!! to all of you still waiting for re marks jus speak to your exams officer because even if they aven't heard anything off the exam board yet they can check the website and get the result from that which is exactly what happened to me today
trogers21
Hi guys, i missed out on y offer for med school by 1 mark got it remarked and it went up four so liverpool av now confirmed my place!!! to all of you still waiting for re marks jus speak to your exams officer because even if they aven't heard anything off the exam board yet they can check the website and get the result from that which is exactly what happened to me today

Well done!
Reply 126
trogers21

What exam board were you with?
It was biology right?
Reply 127
naraena
What exam board were you with?
It was biology right?

Sorry I should have said, it was Human Biology and the exam board was AQA. I'm over the moon about getting in but the last week i was in hell it was horrible and i feel for you people still waiting for re-marks whos place depends on it i really do i know exactly how you feel! Good luck everyone!!
Reply 128
trogers21
Sorry I should have said, it was Human Biology and the exam board was AQA. I'm over the moon about getting in but the last week i was in hell it was horrible and i feel for you people still waiting for re-marks whos place depends on it i really do i know exactly how you feel! Good luck everyone!!

How many papers did you get remarked?
Sorry, just really curious! :/
Reply 129
naraena
How many papers did you get remarked?
Sorry, just really curious! :/

I got BYA7 and BYA9 remarked but the latter were the only one that got marked up BYA7 stayed the same
Reply 130
trogers21
I got BYA7 and BYA9 remarked but the latter were the only one that got marked up BYA7 stayed the same

Thannks :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending