The Student Room Group

When do teachers find out?

Scroll to see replies

They find out before, though I dont know how long before.

Logically, you'd presume that because it's all top secret and confidential that the results are delivered via courier before Thursday 27th, in case of delivery problems and things. This would mean they'd be delivered the Wednesday, or the Tuesday. That's just my guesswork, though I don't really see them being delivered on the morning of the Thursday? :s-smilie:

My science teacher said they are made available to all teaching staff at 5:30 in the morning of the Thursday... though IDK
Revolution is my Name
Or they could just be a paedophile, and are glad to finally be in the company of children again after a long summer

What is your obsession with peadophiles? :lolwut:
Kinesthetic
They find out before, though I dont know how long before.

Logically, you'd presume that because it's all top secret and confidential that the results are delivered via courier before Thursday 27th, in case of delivery problems and things. This would mean they'd be delivered the Wednesday, or the Tuesday. That's just my guesswork, though I don't really see them being delivered on the morning of the Thursday? :s-smilie:

My science teacher said they are made available to all teaching staff at 5:30 in the morning of the Thursday... though IDK

I was told this, but my RS teacher said they always pester the Exams Officer to see them the day before :p:
Reply 23
They find out a week before - at least the 6th forms/colleges do, my dad works at a university and gets A level results a week before they come out, so they can sort out admissions, and apparantly it's the same for GCSE results.

Kinda annoying that people already know my results =/
Reply 24
I envy A Level students, it's not fair that they get theirs first!! All my college friends are either happy/satisfied or drinking away their sorrows (already) and i have to wait a whole 7 days. The suspense is killing me. *sigh* I'll just go back to watching Season 3 of 24.
Oh I'm afraid again. :grumble:
Original post by Olivia_Lightbulb
Oh I'm afraid again. :grumble:

Its ok gcse arent scary. Do meditation like japanese warrior and fight.
Original post by Yokai Clan
Its ok gcse arent scary. Do meditation like japanese warrior and fight.

I'm pretty sure that person has graduated from uni already
Original post by DEͥSTͣIͫNY
I'm pretty sure that person has graduated from uni already

??

Its gcse not uni u stupid
??

Its gcse not uni u stupid

Are you just trolling?
P.S. Is your username from nurarihyon no mago?
Are you just trolling?
P.S. Is your username from nurarihyon no mago?

No. And idk what that even is. Yokai are japenese mythical demons and they had ninja clans to defend vs them back in the day.
No. And idk what that even is. Yokai are japenese mythical demons and they had ninja clans to defend vs them back in the day.

I know what they are. I was just wondering where you got the name from as it's in an anime called nurarihyon no mago
I know what they are. I was just wondering where you got the name from as it's in an anime called nurarihyon no mago

Idk i just made it up. is it good
Idk i just made it up. is it good

Yeah, I thought it was pretty decent. You should try it if you have the time
Reply 34
This cracks me up ahahaha
Reply 35
Even at college they know early, as the one I attended knew my results way ahead of me opening the envelope.
Now I'm not overly au fait with how this works. However, a quick look at a section on AQA's website explains that only exam officers can access student results on the Wednesday before students receive them (https://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/results-days). Edexcel never specifies, but simply state that results are available to schools (I'm assuming only the staff really) on the night before students get their results (https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-for-you/results-for-students.html). Although I haven't checked because I'm a little indolent, I believe that OCR and WJEC follow the same policy.

In short, yes, your teachers will already know how you performed and your grades when you come to collect your results.
(edited 5 years ago)
I never had an IT teacher.. always a supply.. who made us copy all the things she done on the broad in front of us.. that’s if we even had an it lesson 🙈

Quick Reply

Latest