Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    HEllo as anyone done AVCE buiness course unit 4 as i am really stuck on that and i really could do with the help unit 4 is on human resources

ReputationRep:
    wahoo! someone else who is doing it!

I am stuck on the first part..the role of human resrouces in Scottish Newcastle....

I've managed to write about the selection process and how they release job specs and briefs. and that is about it.

Oh and i have done some notes on training and how it affects the company.

ReputationRep:
    HRM is more than just personnel. Its about workforce planning and making sure that the business has the adequate workforce with the appropriate skills for future requirements. Its about planning ahead.

ReputationRep:
    thanks...my tutor has done all these notes and set out tasks for us which is making it easier for me.

1. The selection process.
    2. Looking at their performance.
    3. Appraisal of their performance, based on findings from step 2.
    4. Rewards based on step 3.
    5. Development of new training for new employees.

these are the sections i have ti talk about....any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snugglepuss)
    thanks...my tutor has done all these notes and set out tasks for us which is making it easier for me.

1. The selection process.
    2. Looking at their performance.
    3. Appraisal of their performance, based on findings from step 2.
    4. Rewards based on step 3.
    5. Development of new training for new employees.

these are the sections i have ti talk about....any ideas?
    Have you talked about the selection process? If a firm hires the right type of person then there is no need to train them if they possess the right skills, therefore disruption to production is minimised.

HRM also has to constantly think about the different job roles and the structure of the business. Let us say for example, that john who has been with a business for over 15 years and is about to retire, his previous role was in finance, now that he is retiring we have to look ti the future. If the business plans to expand into Europe, should we hire somebody who can speak 'French' for example?

Also, when yo speak about Training. I believe you have to link it back to the motivation theorists. Job enlargement is arguably crap, due to more jobs but on the same level. For example Maslow argued that in his Hierarchy of Needs, a person needs to satisfy bith their 'Esteem needs' and complete 'Self-Actualisation', what this translates to is that, perhaps Job Enrichment is more appropriate, as a person is given more responsibility and completeing jobs at a higher level.

ReputationRep:
    I dont spose anyone has got back to you on that have they, i am stuck too! bit bloody hard isnt it?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lea-Thomas)
    I dont spose anyone has got back to you on that have they, i am stuck too! bit bloody hard isnt it?!
    has anyone got there unit 4 human resources coursework they could lend me?
    im really stuck on it!

ReputationRep:
    I have finnished unit 4 - its a grade A portfolio.
    I would swap it for Unit 3 - marketing, or 6 - business planning, or the customer service unit, if u have any of them???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebecca7)
    I have finnished unit 4 - its a grade A portfolio.
    I would swap it for Unit 3 - marketing, or 6 - business planning, or the customer service unit, if u have any of them???

ReputationRep:

hey rebecca, i might have somethin u need
    send me an email and im sure we could sort something out
    [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    I don't do AVCE... but I suggest you look at the different between Soft HRM and Hard HRM.

ReputationRep:
    I have unit 3 it is grade c 14 marks out of 24 u add a little more and get an a

ReputationRep:
    I have unit 3 it is grade c 14 marks out of 24 u add a little more and get an A i want unit 6 Business planning at the same level for unit 3

ReputationRep:
    I've just started Unit 4, we had a teacher walk out so were are a bit behind!
    I can't find any company that will give me information, what companies did you all use?

(p.s. if anyone wants to throw a complete Unit 4 at me I wouldn't complain )

ReputationRep:
    ah...this is a bit of a old thread but i cant be bothered to start a new one!

to any one who has done unit4, what business did you look at?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.