The Student Room Group
Reply 1
im going swansea for civil engineering! had a good rep for civil, something like 8th last year, 2nd a few years back. although you need lower grades than the other two to get in so i dont know to be honest.
Reply 3
ertert12345
i may be able to get into - birminhgam, surrey or swansea through clearing. anyone have any idea which has the best reputation for civil engineering? thanks

I went to the Swansea open day - nice place, good labs. Swansea are the best out of that list for Civ eng (not even sure if Surrey do civ eng btw).
Reply 4
Swansea definitely, I got my IB results last month and i'm doing the MEng there.

Swansea is amongst the best for Civil Engineering. In Civil Engineering circles, Swansea beats Birmingham and Surrey. Not that it really matters for graduate prospects.. they're all roughly the same in that sense, but for research and teaching quality, Swansea is the place to go.
Reply 5
swansea sent an email saying i had got in for h200. i had already got into loughborough and birmingham to study electrical engineering, but withdrew my application because i did not think i would have money to go to uni. i asked loughborough if they would put me back in because they had accepted me before, but they wouldnt.