Cushti
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm reading: One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich by Alexander Solzhenitsyn
and
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck

and I recently finished Montefiore's Stalin: Court of the Red Tsar.
PolkaDotSoph
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by xedx)
i thought lady chatterley's lover was awful. chatterley is just about the dumbest woman ever. her dialogue is appalling. she keeps going on about how she doesn't want to be objectified, but that's exactly what mellors does to her. and what the hell was going on when mellors tells chatterley's sister that he loves her *****? truly retarded. it's a book without any substance.

i'm reading emma by jane austen, and birdsong by sebastian faulks.
Oooh...havent got that far yet-just started it yesterday and *should* be doing real work. May change my mind I spose. But I am enjoying it so far.
schneider_128
Report 11 years ago
Finished Hannibal Rising by Thomas Harris a few days ago. Thought it didn't live up to the other 3 books. Am probably gona start The Husband by Dean Koontz next. I got too many books for xmas....
brimstone
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Stagestruckgal)
:eek: Interesting lol thats how long I had my job for!

Yup, a great place to find books, and not get fined :p:
And free DVD/CD rental too
Magickal_Faerie
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by brimstone)
And free DVD/CD rental too
Indeed But not so good on fiction in a university library :rolleyes:

Just finished the Da Vinci Code for the third time or so. I think I'm gonna start on books on Sutton Hoo for my next essay. Problem - left them all at uni. Ah well. Procrastination here I come...
brimstone
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Stagestruckgal)
Indeed But not so good on fiction in a university library :rolleyes:

Just finished the Da Vinci Code for the third time or so. I think I'm gonna start on books on Sutton Hoo for my next essay. Problem - left them all at uni. Ah well. Procrastination here I come...
Aaaw My library's pretty good for both fiction and non fiction, though they do lack a bit in the politics section.

Have you read the others by Dan Brown? Angels and Demons is brilliant :love: I prefer it to TDVC.
*~vicki~*
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i've just started reading Stuart: A life backwards, and it seems really interesting so far.
Magickal_Faerie
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No, I havent read angels and demons but i have read the others, deception point and the other one. cant remember its title now. hmmmm. i still like TDVC best. Its so full of mystery and fast paced!
Epitomessence
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I read Notes on a Scandal, read my thoughts here: http://zummer.blogspot.com/2007/01/n...n-scandal.html

Other books I've read of 2007 include Lily B on the Brink of Paris and Curse of the Mega-Boobed Bimbos (highbrow, I know! )
lolly83
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
generation x by douglas coupland.
schneider_128
Report 11 years ago
I thought angels and demons was better than Da Vinci Code. I thought deception point was crap and digital fortress was ok (probably because i find computers interesting).
WorkHouse
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I will agree, Angels & Demons - tis rather good...
*~vicki~*
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Candy_Shop)
A Piece of Cake, Cupcake Brown ... its my mums Im trying to read it when shes not
i bought this book yeasterday as i thought it looked really good.
Lou_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm reading the BBC Planet Earth book; it's amazing!
À la folie, pas du tout
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Candy_Shop)
A Piece of Cake, Cupcake Brown ... its my mums Im trying to read it when shes not
ooh i really want to read that too let us know what you think of it!
Human Being
Report 11 years ago
Just finished Sons and Lovers by D.H.Lawrence, and now I'm reading The Age of Reason by Jean Paul Sartre. I like it .
K.T.
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm just starting Neat Vodka by Anna Blundy, which is so far enjoyable - not a literary masterpiece, but entertaining & with lots of references to Moscow, which - of course - I love. This was after giving up half-way through A Wild Sheep Chase by Haruki Murakami; I loved the sequel Dance Dance Dance, but the first book was terrible, just didn't hang together.
mandrake1
Report 11 years ago
Has any of you read Bunker 10 by Jan-Andrew Henderson?
white_haired_wizard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
A book on Sven Goran Eriksson, by Joe Lovejoy.
JohannaMarie
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've just finished "the catcher in the rye" (I loved it) by Salinger and now starting "the Great Gatsby" (bf thought I had to get to know some American literature and gave me a collection for Christmas). Am also reading "l'étranger" by Camus for school.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (114)
26.33%
No (319)
73.67%

Watched Threads