Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am reading Mercy- Jodi Piccoult

ReputationRep:
    The Wind-up Bird Chronicle - Haruki Murakami.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xemilyx)
    I am reading Mercy- Jodi Piccoult
    How are you finding it? I always mean to get around to reading a Jodi Picoult book but I never seem to!

ReputationRep:
    Atonement - Ian McEwan
    1984 - George Orwell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xChellex)
    How are you finding it? I always mean to get around to reading a Jodi Picoult book but I never seem to!
    I've read almost all of them now. I really like her books. The pact was the first one I ever read and I became hooked. Finished Keeping faith last week and just started this one... It's work avoidance :p:

ReputationRep:
    I've read almost all of them now. I really like her books. The pact was the first one I ever read and I became hooked. Finished Keeping faith last week and just started this one... It's work avoidance :p:
    I first read My Sister's Keeper and loved it... went on to read the Pact & Perfect Match. All brilliant. Got another 4 on my bookshelf waiting to be read

At the moment I'm reading 'Number 10' by Sue Townsend - really funny

ReputationRep:
    Finished "Airframe". It was a bit like an episode of Air Crash Investigation off National Geographic only a bit more dramatised. Now reading Long Way Down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren24)
    1984 - George Orwell.
    great isnt it

ReputationRep:
    Doris Lessing - The Marriages Between Zones Three, Four, and Five

ReputationRep:
    Just finished reading Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult.
    I'll start William Styron's Sophie's Choice now

ReputationRep:
    I love her books! Just finished Nineteen Minutes, read Salem Falls and My Sister's Keeper as well. They're so addictive!

'Salem's Lot [Stephen King]. Got it Friday, although I'm basically finished. Very good book, I felt.

I'm also reading Enigma [Robert Harris] at college.

ReputationRep:
    Jodi Picoult is good - I've only ever read "My Sister's Keeper" so might try a few more.

I'm still reading "Anna Karenina" - I've just about finished Part 1 (out of 8!). I really like it so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g-oo-ey)
    I love her books! Just finished Nineteen Minutes, read Salem Falls and My Sister's Keeper as well. They're so addictive!
    What's Nineteen Minutes about? Never heard of it.

ReputationRep:
    "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by huladancingmunchkin)
    What's Nineteen Minutes about? Never heard of it.
    A school shooting :eek: It's pretty scary.. and makes you go "PEOPLE ACTUALLY THINK LIKE THAT?"

ReputationRep:
    Alice's adventures in wonderland

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catsmeat)
    Doris Lessing - The Marriages Between Zones Three, Four, and Five
    How's that? I read The Golden Notebook a couple of weeks ago - is it in a similar vein do you know?

Easy read or hard going?

I've also recently picked up "44 Scotland Street" by Alexander Macall-Smith (same bloke that did No1 Ladies' Detective Agency) to intersperece the Kite Runner and it's very, very funny thus far.

Tx

ReputationRep:
    The Book Thief - Markus Zusak
    The Colour of Magic - Terry Pratchett
    Fools Errand - Robbin Hobb
    The World According to Clarkson - The Clarkmiester

Just finished The Shakespeare Secret by J L Carrell and that was pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    Nick Horny - High Fidelity.

Hmm.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.