ReputationRep:
    Just started The Other Boleyn Girl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    You'll enjoy 'The High Lord' too- it's really excellent ;yes;
    :dito:

Loved every bit of it.

ReputationRep:
    Just finished reading The Old Kingdom trilogy (Sabriel, Lirael & Abhorsen) <-- loved it

Just started reading Wind Singer. Not sure if I'm gonna love it or not. I guess I'll have to see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faiza.)
    Just finished reading The Old Kingdom trilogy (Sabriel, Lirael & Abhorsen) <-- loved it

Just started reading Wind Singer. Not sure if I'm gonna love it or not. I guess I'll have to see.
    Old Kingdom= win

As far as The Wind Singer is concerned, I found it fantastic, but it has a strange kind of atmosphere I get from all of William Nicholson's novels, that I can't really describe. It's a great series though. If you like it I also recommend the Noble Warriors trilogy (Seeker, Jango, Noman) by the same author.

ReputationRep:
    Aww, the Wind Singer is amazing

I love that trilogy!

On the other foot, I'm reading the Archaeology of Argyll. How exciting for me.

ReputationRep:
    Notes From An Exhibition.

The characterization is beautiful, and the way the novel is structured makes it an interesting puzzle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    Old Kingdom= win

As far as The Wind Singer is concerned, I found it fantastic, but it has a strange kind of atmosphere I get from all of William Nicholson's novels, that I can't really describe. It's a great series though. If you like it I also recommend the Noble Warriors trilogy (Seeker, Jango, Noman) by the same author.

(Original post by Magickal_Faerie)
    Aww, the Wind Singer is amazing

I love that trilogy!

On the other foot, I'm reading the Archaeology of Argyll. How exciting for me.
    I'm loving Wind Singer already I'm glad I'm not the only one into science fiction/fantasy trilogies. They're so wicked. And yeh Cooro, I bought Seeker, but havnt started reading it yet. My sister has though and she says its good, and as always she wants to ruin it for me lol. I think my favourite trilogies though have got to be The Black Magician trilogy by Trudi Canavan and the Guardians of Time trilogy by Marianne Curley. Both had a sad ending which made me cry lol.

ReputationRep:
    I've never read the Guardians of Time trilogy. I'm assuming from what you've said that it's pretty good, though (what are the books called? I may have heard of it)

My fave trilogies are the Stravaganza trilogy by Mary Hoffman (which I'm rereading for something like the 20th time, it's my ultimate fave) and the Black Magician trilogy by Trudi Canavan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    I've never read the Guardians of Time trilogy. I'm assuming from what you've said that it's pretty good, though (what are the books called? I may have heard of it)

My fave trilogies are the Stravaganza trilogy by Mary Hoffman (which I'm rereading for something like the 20th time, it's my ultimate fave) and the Black Magician trilogy by Trudi Canavan.
    The Named, The Dark & The Key.

Haha. Well if you're rereading for the 20th time [Wow!], it must be really good. I'll have to read that after I finish reading the Wind on Fire trilogy and Seeker. Do you read books by Darren Shan and Anthony Horowitz? I love them. They have got to be my top 2 authors. I'm currently waiting for the 7th book in The Demonata series by Darren Shan and the fourth book in The Power of Five series by Anthony Horowitz.

ReputationRep:
    The Named, The Dark & The Key.

Haha. Well if you're rereading for the 20th time [Wow!], it must be really good. I'll have to read that after I finish reading the Wind on Fire trilogy and Seeker. Do you read books by Darren Shan and Anthony Horowitz? I love them. They have got to be my top 2 authors. I'm currently waiting for the 7th book in The Demonata series by Darren Shan and the fourth book in The Power of Five series by Anthony Horowitz.
    No, neither of those authors write the sort of book that interest me :p:

Yes, definitely read the Stravaganza series. They're so beautifully written. The book titles are City of Masks, City of Stars and City of Flowers, and there's a new one coming out in July (the start of a new trilogy) called City of Secrets.

My fave authors are Mary Hoffman, Trudi Canavan, Garth Nix, William Nicholson, Eoin Colfer, the authors of the Edge Chronicles... pretty much the authors of any book I love :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    No, neither of those authors write the sort of book that interest me :p:

Yes, definitely read the Stravaganza series. They're so beautifully written. The book titles are City of Masks, City of Stars and City of Flowers, and there's a new one coming out in July (the start of a new trilogy) called City of Secrets.

My fave authors are Mary Hoffman, Trudi Canavan, Garth Nix, William Nicholson, Eoin Colfer, the authors of the Edge Chronicles... pretty much the authors of any book I love :p:
    Ohh that's a shame. I was beginning to think we shared exactly the same tastes in books :p: Lol.

Hmm. I'm gonna note down those authors lol. But the books by them are gonna have to wait till the summer, after exams are over Talking about exams, I really shouldnt be reading but should be revising instead. Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    Ohh that's a shame. I was beginning to think we shared exactly the same tastes in books :p: Lol.

Hmm. I'm gonna note down those authors lol. But the books by them are gonna have to wait till the summer, after exams are over Talking about exams, I really shouldnt be reading but should be revising instead. Oh well.
    Ah well. If you like those authors and ones like William Nicholson and Garth Nix, you'll like the other authors I mentioned ;yes;

I'm revising... honest :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    Ah well. If you like those authors and ones like William Nicholson and Garth Nix, you'll like the other authors I mentioned ;yes;

I'm revising... honest :p:
    Ha. I'm sure you are. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ha. I'm sure you are. :p:
    I actually am :p: I've written about four pages of psychology notes during this conversation But soon I will stop for the night and get back to Stravaganza: City of Stars *dreams*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    I actually am :p: I've written about four pages of psychology notes during this conversation But soon I will stop for the night and get back to Stravaganza: City of Stars *dreams*
    Lol. I'll believe that for now. I'm guessing you're doing A2 psychology?

Aww. Now I wanna read that book lol.

ReputationRep:
    Lol. I'll believe that for now. I'm guessing you're doing A2 psychology?

Aww. Now I wanna read that book lol.
    Yup, A2 Psychology, Politics, and English lang and lit. Hopefully doing American Lit with Creative writing at uni next year. What about you?

It's a very good book. You really need to read this series (when you do, let me know what you think of it)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    Yup, A2 Psychology, Politics, and English lang and lit. Hopefully doing American Lit with Creative writing at uni next year. What about you?

It's a very good book. You really need to read this series (when you do, let me know what you think of it)
    Cool. What board?

Yeah I'll let you know when I get round to reading it. Is it a fairly new series?

ReputationRep:
    Cool. What board?

Yeah I'll let you know when I get round to reading it. Is it a fairly new series?
    For psych? AQA.

Umm... City of Masks first came out in 2001, and I think the last one (City of Flowers) came out in 2004... something like that. And then the new one is later this year. So they're fairly recent, though not really new.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    For psych? AQA.

Umm... City of Masks first came out in 2001, and I think the last one (City of Flowers) came out in 2004... something like that. And then the new one is later this year. So they're fairly recent, though not really new.
    Cool. So fairly modern'ish.

ReputationRep:
    Cool. So fairly modern'ish.
    Yeah, in publication context. They're actually set partly in modern day London, and partly in a 16th century alternative Italy, but you really have to read them to understand why :p:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.