Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Finished Stravaganza: City of Stars this morning, so I've moved onto the last in the trilogy, Stravaganza: City of Flowers

Afterwards I think I'll reread Sabriel, as I haven't read it for a while.

ReputationRep:
    3 men in a boat - Jerome k. Jerome

ReputationRep:
    I'm pacing myself with Three Men In A Boat as it's pretty much all I have to do today. Having read a bit more, my opinion of it has improved. I now think it's a great book and Jerome goes on for just the right amount of time (most of the time), though this is still subject to change.

ReputationRep:
    Horrible Histories - The Cut-Throat Celts (50p from Oxfam, bought a few of them to catch up with some easy history!)

Mansfield Park - Austen, reading again for an essay comparing the film to the book.

Notes from a small island - Bryson. Thought it would be nice to read up on Britain for a change.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Love in the Present Tense - Catherine Ryan Hyde.

ReputationRep:
    an absolute scandal by penny vincenzi

Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessicaW)
    Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy.
    Is it any good? It was mentioned a few times in 'The English Patient' and was intriguing

I'm reading 'Enigma' again as it's a ruddy good book.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Marrying for Money - Chris Manby.

(Original post by Bgriffin)
    Is it any good? It was mentioned a few times in 'The English Patient' and was intriguing

I'm reading 'Enigma' again as it's a ruddy good book.
    I'm not that far into it yet, but from what I've read it seems pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    Harry potter and the deathly hallows. Yes i know i'm behind. I'm not as big a reader as i was when i was younger...harry potter is pretty much all i read nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    Poor you. You waste the little time you have to read on the like of Harry Potter. Why not try something better written and less formulaic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarcastic pratchett fan)
    Poor you. You waste the little time you have to read on the like of Harry Potter. Why not try something better written and less formulaic?
    I'm quite enjoying it actually...

ReputationRep:
    if you can enjoy Rowling, then you would enjoy Terry Pratchett, Ben Elton, Douglas Adams, George Orwell, John Grisham or almost any other author even more.

ReputationRep:
    I guess, i just cant be bothered reading anything else...i wouldn't know where to start finding another book .

ReputationRep:
    Right now I have an inability to complete a book so when I say reading I really mean reading a couple of pages and putting it down.
    Right now I am reading Anna Karenina. Unsuccesfully. Which is a shame because it's a very interesting book.
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    London Fields - Martin Amis. very good stuff.

ReputationRep:
    In approximately 30 secs I'm going to start reading Diary of a Madman by Gogol, anyone got any opinions of it?

ReputationRep:
    The Battle for Spain, the Spanish Civil War 1936-1939 by Anthony Beevor.

I never read fiction lol

ReputationRep:
    I just finished Stravaganza: City of Flowers.

I've just started The Crow Road by Iain Banks, and I'll probably start Anything Goes, John Barrowman's autobiography, as well, as I got it out of the library

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.