The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

currently reading Matter by Iain M Banks, pretty decent so far, though perhaps not as engaging as his other novels, which for me are superb. I plan to go back and re-read the entire culture series in the next couple of years, and i'm not really into sci-fi stuff at all (think star wars is dire tbh), but I really can't get enough of the culture novels.

Also recently been working through the Wheel of Time series, pretty solid fantasy fun, occasionally great but with some terrible flaws, will probably pick up the fifth one in the next few months...
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead by Tom Stoppard. Hilarious.

elisabethbridge
Well, I'm actually in the middle of four books. Some of them I haven't touched for a while though... :rolleyes: I swear I'll finish every single one of them after my exams.

Tale of Two Cities (Dickens)
Crime and Punishment (Dostoyevsky)
Master and Margaret (Bulgakov)
Brave New World (Huxley)

Wow. You'll be a different person once you've finished all those. :laugh: Try to finish them all at roughly the same time. :wink:
I'm currently re-reading New Moon by Stephenie Meyer.

For college I am re-reading Spies by Michael Frayn, the play All My Sons by Arthur Miller and Geoffrey Chaucer's The Miller's Prologue and Tale for preparation for my exams in a few weeks time.
Reply 4463
Don Quixote, I was lovin' it and now I can't remember where I left it. Gutted.

Best take up Catch-22 for the 50th time and give it another bash, it's taking me months to finish the sodding thing.
The Human Stain by Philip Roth (?)
Love Lives - Josie Lloyd and Emlyn Rees.
Yeats is Dead by various authors. It's halarious.
The Book Thief - Markus Zusak.
Reply 4468
Just finished Santa Evita by Tomas Eloy Martinez. I haven't read a book that good for a long, long time.

And now I'm stuck for something to read. I have a couple of things out of the library so I think I'll make a start on The Great Gatsby, for want of anything else. I've been told it's good.
And now I'm stuck for something to read. I have a couple of things out of the library so I think I'll make a start on The Great Gatsby, for want of anything else. I've been told it's good.
Its not bad, I quite enjoyed it, but I wouldn't say it was a great novel, that said, the film is absolutely dreaful, so avoid that like the plague.
Reply 4470
Daughter of Venice by Donna Jo Napoli. After the intensity of Santa Evita it's something more lighthearted and easy going.
I'm starting to re-read CS Lewis's chronicles of Narnia :smile:
Also The Moral Philosophers
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
Reply 4473
I never usually read books, I dont usually have the time. However any recommendations for summer reading would be appreciated.
what kind of genre are you into?
Reply 4475
Currently reading Squandered: How Gordon Brown is wasting over one trillion pounds of our money by David Craig. It's interesting so far.
A biography of Oscar Wilde, which is quite interesting so far...
How to kidnape kids in portugal
Reply 4478
DaveBates
How to kidnape kids in portugal

classy, and welcome to tsr btw. I can tell you're gonna be interesting...
Christ Recrucified by Nikos Kazantzakis
very touching and beautiful...

" In vain, my Christ, in vain, he muttered; two thousand years have gone by and men crucify You still. When will You be born, my Christ, and not be crucified any more, but live among us for eternity. "

Latest

Trending

Trending