What book are you reading now? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Tzara
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Libertarianism by David Boaz - a very good read, getting me into libertarianism even more.
Cooro
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hamlet. I have an English exam on Friday...
Angelicus
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Out of the dolls house - Angela hansworth
caity
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
nineteen minutes - jodi picoult
Sianeh
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I haven't been reading much because of exams so I'm just not in the mood to read more at night, but I started Salughterhouse 5 the other night because it looked like one of the least 'dense' books I had lying around but haven't really got into it yet. I might just wait til after exams and give it another crack because my friend said its one of the best books she's read.
Cooro
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Started Undead and Unwed by Mary-Janice Davidson yesterday. I have the whole series and this must be my fifth time reading it.
Terazzio
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
brideshead revisited...alright so far
Cooro
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Finished Undead and Unwed, now on the second in the series, Undead and Unemployed.
pisces_fool
Report 10 years ago
Haroun and the Sea of Stories- Salman Rushdie.

I read a bit every night before bed. Make me smile/think
O Goncho
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Reading Shadow Mage by Mattew Sprange. It's part of the new Abaddon book line which means it's basically pure, clichéd genre fiction, and it's great fun.
Zebrastripes
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just finished Legally Blonde by Amanda Brown. Don't know what to read now! I'm leaving for travelling next friday, so need to think about what to take away.

I think i'll start another chicklit now so i'll finish before i go. Starting The Devil Wears Prada. You may notice they are both films. I'm on a mission to read books that have influenced or have been made into films. So if anyone knows of any influenced ones (as in Austen's Emma for Clueless), let me know.
Cooro
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ladydeborah)
Just finished Legally Blonde by Amanda Brown.
I've got a copy of that somewhere, but I haven't read it yet.

Finished Undead and Unemployed, started Undead and Unappreciated

Also bought Adeline Yen Mah's Fallen Leaves from a charity shop for £2 today, so I might start that too. Chinese Cinderella was excellent and I've wanted to read this one for a while.
Cooro
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Finished Undead and Unappreciated, now halfway through Undead and Unreturnable. I've got two more of these to read and then on to Falling Leaves
huladancingmunchkin
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Finished High Fidelity last night, just started Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
Cooro
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Finished Undead and Unreturnable, about to start Undead and Unpopular.
icysquall
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Finished The Time Traveler's Wife last night. Gonna try and finish Jane Eyre today and then start working my way through my ever growing 'To Read' pile.
yas8
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm reading twilight at the moment. its really good so far.
Cooro
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Finished Undead and Unpopular and Undead and Uneasy and now I've run out of Undead books. I'll probably read Falling Leaves next and then maybe something I haven't read for a while, like the Edge Chronicles.
affinity89
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just got around to reading In The Cut - Susanna Moore again (about sixth time now and it is still as fantastic as it was the first time 5 years ago lol).

Will not start another for a few weeks though - I've been using Alias Grace and that to put off revision lol.

=D
*Supernova*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by brimstone)
I will add that to my list; got The Handmaid's Tale to read too.
Cat's Eye is amazing. It's the only Atwood I've read so far but I loved it and the language is beautiful. Could you let us know what you think of The Blind Assassin when you've read it? I've been weighing up for ages whether to buy it or not.

I've just finished Lolita and now I'm coming to the end of The Rachel Papers by Martin Amis, which I've loved so far, it's so hilarious and the protagonist is really likeable (which I could think of a better word than that...). The book reminds me a bit of The Catcher in the Rye, in that it's a 'coming-of-age' novel, but much more light-hearted. I'd definitely recommend it if someone's looking for something to read!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (135)
18.42%
No (445)
60.71%
Not really bothered about them (153)
20.87%

Watched Threads