Turn on thread page Beta

What book are you reading now? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm switching between
    War and Peace- Leo Tolstoy
    and Empires of the Word- Language history of the world- Nicholas Ostler (although this was so interesting that I'm almost finished :P)

ReputationRep:
    Just finished Labryinth by Kate Mosse and am now reading Sepulchre also by Kate Mosse, i'm liking it so far!

ReputationRep:
    Still ploughing through The World Without Us. My word is it tedious - it needs to get to the point, which is "We should all just kick the bucket, now!" - then it's back to Don Quixote. I WILL finish it before I go to uni...

And, I'm also flicking through an overdue 'easy learning' Spanish words book. I figure since I can't take it back til Monday, I may as well use it [even though it was due back last Monday - I'm such a library heathen...]

(Original post by Helie12)
    i completely agree! i tried to read it a couple of years ago and didnt get past the first couple of chapters - so unlike other Jane Austen's i've read. Much better (and I dont say this often!) to watch the films/adaptations.
    Even persuasion? It was her boring book IMO.

ReputationRep:
    Just finished The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (which was great), and I'm now moving on to Huckleberry Finn.

I've got alot of books that I want to get through before I start my A-Levels - I really need to pick up the pace!

ReputationRep:
    Currently reading The Picture of Dorian Gray. Pretty good so far!

ReputationRep:
    The Curse of the Gloamglozer from the Edge Chronicles series (I read them in chronological order, not the order in which they were published). I'll read some more when I remember where I put it...

ReputationRep:
    The Dark Volume by GW Dahlquist. It's the follow up to The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters - good stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Just about to start The Heart of Darkness by Conrad. Hoping it wins the Book Club vote

ReputationRep:
    Bloodline of Sidney Sheldon

ReputationRep:
    The Interpretation of Murder by Jed Rubenfeld

ReputationRep:
    The Gsthering - Anne Enright

ReputationRep:
    Twilight - Stephenie Meyer

ReputationRep:
    Clean cut - Lynda la Plante. It's the first book I've read of hers and plan to read many more

ReputationRep:
    Young Stalin by Simon Montefoire.

This is interesting for me as I usually stick to classic fiction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Graphix)
    The Interpretation of Murder by Jed Rubenfeld
    Do you like it? I got about a quarter in and stopped due to boredom :o: Does something interesting actually happen?

I'm reading Lady Windermere's Fan- Oscar Wilde

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyBeautiful)
    Do you like it? I got about a quarter in and stopped due to boredom :o: Does something interesting actually happen?

I'm reading Lady Windermere's Fan- Oscar Wilde
    I am liking it now.
    I feel that it started rather slowly, and the author does go on and spend ages describing things like building projects and the history of some of the landmarks...

But I am finding it very interesting....I have just begun part five and I still can't work it out...there have been a couple of good twists....

I actually can't wait till the end to find out whodunnit!

I haven't heard of the book you mentioned but I do like Oscar Wilde...are you enjoying that one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Graphix)
    I am liking it now.
    I feel that it started rather slowly, and the author does go on and spend ages describing things like building projects and the history of some of the landmarks...

But I am finding it very interesting....I have just begun part five and I still can't work it out...there have been a couple of good twists....

I actually can't wait till the end to find out whodunnit!

I haven't heard of the book you mentioned but I do like Oscar Wilde...are you enjoying that one?

I didn't really get that far into it so I think I might give it another go

I do like Lady Windemere's Fan. It's only short because it's one of the plays, but it's good. I haven't really read much of his stuff so far- just this, The Importance of Being Earnest and for stories, Dorian Gray and The Happy Prince- but I bought his entire works really cheap from Amazon ages ago and it's just been lying in my room (good as door stop, footrest, makeshift desk...it's huge :p: ) so I thought I'd better read some

ReputationRep:
    Save me from myself - Brian 'head' Welch.

A really amazing book!

ReputationRep:
    Just finished:
    My Enemy's Cradle - Sara Young
    Constance - Roise Thomas

Currently reading:
    Tully - Paullina Simons

I've got a load I want to read this summer still though - doubt I'll get round to it sadly...

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.