The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5140
I'm STILL reading Stiffed: The Betrayal Of Modern Man by Susan Faludi.

I can't stay away from sociology/gender studies!
Currently reading Ulysses, james joyce,
The Aeneid, Virgil
Emily bronte, wuthering heights
and to the lighthouse, virginia woolf

All a joy to read:smile:
Just finished Against a Dark Background by Iain M. Banks, was particularly good so am now going to read Inversions by the same author. :smile:
Reply 5143
Finished Checkmate this morning- last book of Noughts and Crosses trilogy.
The 5 People You Meet In Heaven - Mitch Albom. Finished it in less than 4 hours :p:
Reply 5145
Went and got Undead and Unworthy by MaryJanice Davidson out of the library today so I'll start that later.
Reply 5146
Uglies By Scott Westerfeld.
Hidden by Cathy Glass.
The Great Gatsby, have to study it next year so I figured I'd get ahead.
cuethestars
The Great Gatsby, have to study it next year so I figured I'd get ahead.

God, good luck with that :rolleyes: Luckily it's really short, but I found it incredibly dull to say it's a 'classic' :erm:

I'm reading Wuthering Heights/ Purgatorio- Dante/ The Name of the Rose- Eco/ Crime and Punishment/ The Interpretaton of Murder- Jed something/ Anna Karenina/Past Mortem- Ben Elton

I think I should stick to one at a time, but I tend to mill around a few. Can't help it :s-smilie:
The Plague by Albert Camus, and Will You Please Be Quiet Please? by Raymond Carver.
CrazyBeautiful
God, good luck with that :rolleyes: Luckily it's really short, but I found it incredibly dull to say it's a 'classic' :erm:

Whereas I studied it at AS level 2 years ago and still consider it the best book I've ever read. Each to his own, eh? :p:
Tuesdays with Morrie - Mitch Albom
I dont like it :no: If I wanted to read about how to live life I would pick up self help book not a novel.
Reply 5153
Beyond The Deepwoods, chronologically fourth in the Edge Chronicles series.
Hashshashin
Whereas I studied it at AS level 2 years ago and still consider it the best book I've ever read. Each to his own, eh? :p:

Nope, you're deluded. Sorry :biggrin:
The Return of History and the End of Dreams - Robert Kagan.

Had been meaning to get this since it first came out (just over a month ago) but given the **** thats gone down in Georgia recently - which Kagan predicted - i tracked it down yesterday. Very well written, interesting and frighteningly accurate in the manner of its predictions regarding Russia and (what was at the time of writing) the prediction of South Ossetia/Abkazhia leading to war.

An article which contains the general jist of the book can be fread here.
Just finished Sons and Lovers by DH Lawrence and now re-reading Self by Yann Martel, which I read ages ago but would like to read again because I seem to glean so much more from it each time I read it.

After that.. I probably will read Northanger Abbey.
I am reading opus pistorum By Henry Miller

Its breaks every taboo there is, its outragous and brilliant.
I'm reading The Resurrectionist by James Bradley. Its not bad, a nice light read after the horrible mess that was D.H. Lawrence's Women in Love.
Reply 5159
Stormchaser, chronologically 5th in the Edge Chronicles series.

Latest

Trending

Trending