Turn on thread page Beta

What book are you reading now? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am reading opus pistorum By Henry Miller

Its breaks every taboo there is, its outragous and brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    I'm reading The Resurrectionist by James Bradley. Its not bad, a nice light read after the horrible mess that was D.H. Lawrence's Women in Love.

ReputationRep:
    Stormchaser, chronologically 5th in the Edge Chronicles series.

ReputationRep:
    I've just started Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Northern Lights - Philip Pullman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~ Mandy ~)
    Northern Lights - Philip Pullman.
    I'm currently reading this for the 3rd time. The series has to be my 3rd favourite ever, after Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings.

ReputationRep:
    Catcher In The Rye - J.D. Salinger
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by AnonyMatt)
    I'm currently reading this for the 3rd time. The series has to be my 3rd favourite ever, after Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings.
    I haven't read it before - I wasn't sure if I'd like it or not but within a few pages I was hooked!

ReputationRep:
    Just started Russell Brand - My Booky Wook. Wasn't really sure what to expect, but a chapter in, can't wait to read more!

ReputationRep:
    I'm reading 'American Gods' by Neil Gaiman. It's amazing so far, I'm totally hooked on it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~ Mandy ~)
    I haven't read it before - I wasn't sure if I'd like it or not but within a few pages I was hooked!
    Make sure you have the other two in the series (The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass) ready for when you finish. I had the first two and as soon as I finished reading them I went to Borders to get the last with morning hair and flip-flops with the jeans I'd been wearing for 4 days.

I wanted it that bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnonyMatt)
    Make sure you have the other two in the series (The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass) ready for when you finish. I had the first two and as soon as I finished reading them I went to Borders to get the last with morning hair and flip-flops with the jeans I'd been wearing for 4 days.

I wanted it that bad.
    :rofl:

I've read the first two, I haven't got round to the last ne yet, although I do own it and it is on my reading list. It'll be the next thing I read when I finish the Edge Chronicles series.

Speaking of which, I'm on the chronologically sixth book in the series, Midnight Over Sanctaphrax

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)

I've read the first two, I haven't got round to the last ne yet, although I do own it and it is on my reading list. It'll be the next thing I read when I finish the Edge Chronicles series.

Speaking of which, I'm on the chronologically sixth book in the series, Midnight Over Sanctaphrax
    The next one, Last of the Sky pirates, if I recall correctly, is my own personal favourite

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    The next one, Last of the Sky pirates, if I recall correctly, is my own personal favourite
    Mine too :yep: I love Rook.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    Mine too :yep: I love Rook.
    I just love the little skycraft :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    I just love the little skycraft :love:
    Ah, like the stormhornet :yes: I think I like the skycraft better than the sky ships in the earlier books.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    Ah, like the stormhornet :yes: I think I like the skycraft better than the sky ships in the earlier books.
    They're more fun, and more elegant. Then again, I'd be happy with either of them :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)

You read the first two and moved onto a different series?! :eek:

I... I don't understand... *headache*:woo:

ReputationRep:
    I'm about to start For Whom The Bell Tolls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    One Day In The Life Of Ivan Denisovitch by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn. Quite chilling so far.
    I spent a year rambling about the symbolism of his spoon in Higher English. The best I can say for that book is that I disliked it less than the other things we did. :p:

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.