The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5280
Dan-IW
Just finishing Brave New World Revisited, then on to another dystopia, We by Yevgeny Zamyatin.

I loved Brave New World, but havn't read Brave New World Revisited. Is it any good?
Missing - Karin Alvtegen.
Reply 5282
As well as The Amber Spyglass (which I've nearly finished) and The Princess Bride (which I'm halfway through) I'm reading a book I randomly bought today called Blitzcat by Robert Westall. Not an author I've come across before, but it looks pretty good.
Just finished North and South (Gaskell) ...I absolutely loved it, and the sap that I am, ended up tearing over the last chapter. I read it pretty much every spare moment I had until it was finished. Now to find a book to match up to it, I thought about Crime and Punishment, but not sure if that would be wise seeing as I'm going back to college on Monday.
Reply 5284
Just finnished Armagedons Children ( Genesis of Shanara: book 1) by terry brookes. Starting The Children of Hurin by JRR Tolkein.
Financial Markets and Institutions.
debrajane
Just finished North and South (Gaskell) ...I absolutely loved it, and the sap that I am, ended up tearing over the last chapter. I read it pretty much every spare moment I had until it was finished. Now to find a book to match up to it, I thought about Crime and Punishment, but not sure if that would be wise seeing as I'm going back to college on Monday.

Her Wives and Daughters is very good.
Wangers
Her Wives and Daughters is very good.

I'll have to look into that, thanks. :smile:
Lee Child - Killing Floor
osteec
Just finnished Armagedons Children ( Genesis of Shanara: book 1) by terry brookes. Starting The Children of Hurin by JRR Tolkein.

I bought the third one today - The Gypsy Morph. Excellent read. I love how he's combined his two series :biggrin:
Helie12
I loved Brave New World, but havn't read Brave New World Revisited. Is it any good?

It revisits the ideas, not the world; so although it is very interesting (and much still relevant) it's hardly page turning. It's nice and short though - I read it in two days - so it is worth reading.

I too love The History Boys, by the way :p:
Full frontal feminism - Jessica Valenti
Reply 5292
I'm reading a book on the M Theory on quantum physics.... It's really interesting and also spans out onto parallel dimensions
I'm reading David Copperfield/A Passage To India/Tristam Shandy.
The only one I'm SERIOUSLY reading is David Copperfield... I just keep starting books until I find an interesting one, so I abandon far too many on the sole basis of their rubbish first chapter...
Reply 5294
I've just started 'The Lady Elizabeth' (just typed 'Lazy' hehe) by Alison Weir today.
Look to Windward by Iain M. Banks. My god am I glad I'm almost at the end!

Maybe that one wasn't the best one of his to go for when it's the very first book of his I've read.
_:_Emo_Cheerleader_:_

Maybe that one wasn't the best one of his to go for when it's the very first book of his I've read.

I thought that one was OK. Didn't inspire me to read more of them particularly, although I've heard that some of his others are better.
_:_Emo_Cheerleader_:_

You got unlucky; Excession, The Algebraist, The Player of Games and Against a Dark Background are all much better Iain M. Banks books. :yep:
What's The Wasp Factory like?
Reply 5299
The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending