What book are you reading now? Watch

This discussion is closed.
-steph-
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm currently reading "The five people you meet in heaven" By Michael Album i think thats the author's name.
Sunnydazzleeyes
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Bought The boy in the striped pyjamas on wednesday from WHsmiths website (cheaper than instore). Came on Thursday and finished reading it today. It was a really good book and left me thinking. Recommend to all you out there.

Going to see the film tonight so excited!!
redux345
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by -steph-)
I'm currently reading "The five people you meet in heaven" By Michael Album i think thats the author's name.
its mitch albom, its a really good book though isn't it?

At the moment, I'm reading High Fidelity by Nick Hornby, its quite good as the men in it are just like the people in a record store near me.
Sophie_10
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Boris Johnson - Seventy Two Virgins -a pretty good book so far. started off slow but does get better.

hoping to read Bridget Jones Diary as i watched the film for the first time this summer and loved it! so i want to read the book.

also hoping to read Pride and Prejudice as i have never read it.
-steph-
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by redux345)
its mitch albom, its a really good book though isn't it?

At the moment, I'm reading High Fidelity by Nick Hornby, its quite good as the men in it are just like the people in a record store near me.
Thanks sorry i didnt have the book close by to check the author. Its interesting so far i've only read about the 1st person he's met and starting to read about the 2nd. Felt a bit sorry for the 1st and how did the blue man get a car?
Zebrastripes
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Sophie_10)
Boris Johnson - Seventy Two Virgins -a pretty good book so far. started off slow but does get better.

hoping to read Bridget Jones Diary as i watched the film for the first time this summer and loved it! so i want to read the book.

also hoping to read Pride and Prejudice as i have never read it.
Just starting Bridget Jones' Diary! And i'm reading Pride and Prejudice, Emma, Sense and Sensability, and Persuasion - trying to read all 4 books again so i can get a headstart on my dissertation!
Sorani
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
War of the Worlds - H.G Wells
diamonddust
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The Outsider- Camus
~ Purple Rose ~
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The Subtle Knife - Philip Pullman.
Cooro
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The Horse and His Boy- C.S.Lewis (third in the Chronicles of Narnia)
ukebert
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Nation by Terry Pratchett.

So far not totally convinced.
mrs_bellamy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just finished Tess of the D'Urbervilles it was amazing!! Looking forward to being able to watch the TV series having read the book, was worried I wouldn't be done in time. Definatelty going to read more Hardy in the future.

About to start The Grass is Singing by Doris Lessing. Will see how that goes. Also reading a travel book, Where the Hell is Tuvalu? Can't remember who its by but its pretty good so far.
missygeorgia
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Delta of Venus- Anais Nin (saucy) and The Myth of Sisyphus- Albert Camus.
Sorani
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just started Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales
Metamorphosis_S
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I keep managing to pick up rubbish books. Re-read the Return of the King and now I'm reading a piece of crap called 'Twins'. No money for new books and I think my library have banned me so I guess I'll have to make do.
Cooro
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Prince Caspian :yep: I want to see the film :sad:
Kevin J
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by redux345)
i was going to read that. Is it any good?
Read it in two days. Little bit boring at the start but picks itself up very well with twists and turns everywhere. Very good read. (Y)
rubychoos
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The Apocalypse handbook by Alex Haynes... such a totally weird book... bought it on Amazon... but it has all the end of the world scenarios and how to survive them.. oh and yes it even has zombies..

weird.. but good.
username141550
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The Time Machine by H. G. Wells.

Also reading little books in the Penguin 'Great Ideas' series. They're little extract from important works, not sure about them yet. On Nietzsche at the moment - 'Man alone the himself'.
Sorani
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Dan-IW)
The Time Machine by H. G. Wells.
Woo! Just read that about a week or so ago. What did you think?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (68)
19.43%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (144)
41.14%
Nope, not that interesting (138)
39.43%

Watched Threads