The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Boris Johnson - Seventy Two Virgins -a pretty good book so far. started off slow but does get better.

hoping to read Bridget Jones Diary as i watched the film for the first time this summer and loved it! so i want to read the book.

also hoping to read Pride and Prejudice as i have never read it.
Reply 5321
redux345
its mitch albom, its a really good book though isn't it?

At the moment, I'm reading High Fidelity by Nick Hornby, its quite good as the men in it are just like the people in a record store near me.

Thanks sorry i didnt have the book close by to check the author. Its interesting so far i've only read about the 1st person he's met and starting to read about the 2nd. Felt a bit sorry for the 1st and how did the blue man get a car?
Sophie_10
Boris Johnson - Seventy Two Virgins -a pretty good book so far. started off slow but does get better.

hoping to read Bridget Jones Diary as i watched the film for the first time this summer and loved it! so i want to read the book.

also hoping to read Pride and Prejudice as i have never read it.

Just starting Bridget Jones' Diary! And i'm reading Pride and Prejudice, Emma, Sense and Sensability, and Persuasion - trying to read all 4 books again so i can get a headstart on my dissertation!
Reply 5323
War of the Worlds - H.G Wells
The Outsider- Camus
The Subtle Knife - Philip Pullman.
Reply 5326
The Horse and His Boy- C.S.Lewis (third in the Chronicles of Narnia)
Nation by Terry Pratchett.

So far not totally convinced.
Just finished Tess of the D'Urbervilles it was amazing!! Looking forward to being able to watch the TV series having read the book, was worried I wouldn't be done in time. Definatelty going to read more Hardy in the future.

About to start The Grass is Singing by Doris Lessing. Will see how that goes. Also reading a travel book, Where the Hell is Tuvalu? Can't remember who its by but its pretty good so far.
Delta of Venus- Anais Nin (saucy) and The Myth of Sisyphus- Albert Camus.
Reply 5330
Just started Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales
I keep managing to pick up rubbish books. Re-read the Return of the King and now I'm reading a piece of crap called 'Twins'. No money for new books and I think my library have banned me so I guess I'll have to make do.
Reply 5332
Prince Caspian :yep: I want to see the film :sad:
redux345
i was going to read that. Is it any good?

Read it in two days. Little bit boring at the start but picks itself up very well with twists and turns everywhere. Very good read. (Y)
The Apocalypse handbook by Alex Haynes... such a totally weird book... bought it on Amazon... but it has all the end of the world scenarios and how to survive them.. oh and yes it even has zombies..

weird.. but good. :smile:
The Time Machine by H. G. Wells.

Also reading little books in the Penguin 'Great Ideas' series. They're little extract from important works, not sure about them yet. On Nietzsche at the moment - 'Man alone the himself'.
Reply 5336
Dan-IW
The Time Machine by H. G. Wells.

Woo! Just read that about a week or so ago. What did you think?
I've only read the first chapter, so I'll get back to you in a few days :p:
Glamorama by Bret Easton Ellis.

Loving it so far, I think I'm appreciating it extra-much since I've recently been to New York. Also loving all the references to his other novels.
Erm, three.

'Things Me and My Girlfriend Have Argued About' - Mil Millington

'Vanity Fair' Thackery

'The Way I Was' Meg Rosoff.

I'm always like this, can never settle on one at a time! Different books for different moods. :]

Latest

Trending

Trending