Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Number the Stars - Lois Lowry

I've already read it like 4 times though...

ReputationRep:
    Goodnight Mr Tom

read around 200 pages in about a day and a half, it's just so good!
    I love the film, and am interested in the ww2 era and it is a great book. Really enjoying it, sometimes I dont want to put it down!

ReputationRep:
    The Time Traveller's Wife

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyw1989)
    Goodnight Mr Tom

read around 200 pages in about a day and a half, it's just so good!
    I love the film, and am interested in the ww2 era and it is a great book. Really enjoying it, sometimes I dont want to put it down!
    i read that in school for english i liked it :grin:

reading New Moon by Stephanie Meyer

ReputationRep:
    I have 2 at the moment: The first is Wild Swans by Jung Chang, which, admittedly, I haven't picked up for about a week! The second is Girlfriend In A Coma by Douglas Coupland....I've read this before, but I liked it so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suzierthanyou)
    The Time Traveller's Wife
    I have read this book, and its my favourite!! Such a fab book!

ReputationRep:
    dean koontz -- brother odd, the last in the odd thomas trillogy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seonbaby)
    I have 2 at the moment: The first is Wild Swans by Jung Chang, which, admittedly, I haven't picked up for about a week! The second is Girlfriend In A Coma by Douglas Coupland....I've read this before, but I liked it so much!
    That's fantastic. I found it a very difficult read, not because of the book itself but because of the content, so I found I couldn't read more than a few pages a night because it was so intense. It was well-worth reading though.

ReputationRep:
    Outlines of philosophy Bertrand Russell

ReputationRep:
    The Mayor of Casterbridge

ReputationRep:
    Diary of a Nobody. I absolutely love it, although I could do without the pictures on almost every page.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    That's fantastic. I found it a very difficult read, not because of the book itself but because of the content, so I found I couldn't read more than a few pages a night because it was so intense. It was well-worth reading though.
    Yes, I think I've tried to read it about four times, but each time I give up....I'm determined this time though!....

ReputationRep:
    Too many books to enjoy any at the moment but...
    Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer
    Ulysses
    Wuthering Heights
    A selection of Wallace Stevens' poems.
    And a whole load of criticism on Jane Austen, how exciting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seonbaby)
    Yes, I think I've tried to read it about four times, but each time I give up....I'm determined this time though!....
    Keep at it! It's worth it. Try not to read too much in one go otherwise it can put you off reading the rest.

ReputationRep:
    I have just started To Kill a Mockingbird, Although I have just order A thousand splendid suns.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.Charlotte)
    I have just started To Kill a Mockingbird, Although I have just order A thousand splendid suns.
    Soooo good! I loved it!

I've just finished reading The Wasp Factory - Iain Banks. It's excellent, very very creepy

ReputationRep:
    The French Lieutenant's Woman - John Fowles.

It's for uni

ReputationRep:
    Currently reading The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde (strikes me as quite dull, really) and still reading The History of Mr Polly by HG Wells!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missionverdana)
    Currently reading The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde (strikes me as quite dull, really) and still reading The History of Mr Polly by HG Wells!
    Noooo the Picture of Dorian Gray is a masterpiece, one of the greatest books ever written, why did Wilde not write more fiction?

I'm reading the motorcycle diaries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyBeautiful)
    What's this like? I've been meaning to buy it for a while
    Honestly? Overrated is the word I'd use to sum it up. When will I ever learn to just ignore book reviews?! It's very heavy on the social commentary of Dominican culture which I wasn't expecting which is probably why I didn't enjoy it. Also there was too much Spanish terms and 'street' lingo that rendered whole paragraphs confusing and in some cases, outright unintelligible. But if you're fluent in Spanish and interested in Dominican culture then you'll probably enjoy it.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.