ReputationRep:
    The Bloody Chamber - Angela Carter

ReputationRep:
    A 1000 Splendid Suns - Khaled Hosseini

ReputationRep:
    Robinson Crusoe- Daniel Defoe

ReputationRep:
    The wasp factory - Iain Banks

An Equal Music, Vikram Seth. Stuck the Schubert on as well. Fantastic book - motivating me to go back and finish A Suitable Boy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainy)
    An Equal Music, Vikram Seth. Stuck the Schubert on as well. Fantastic book - motivating me to go back and finish A Suitable Boy.
    I read that recently :yep: Excellent book. Got me hooked on Schubert, too! Went out and bought the Trout Quintet as soon as I finished reading An Equal Music :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    The Intimate Adventures of a London Call Girl by Belle de Jour.

I feel like I'm completely wasting my time reading it. I hate Belle, she's a hooker but has delusions of grandeur and thinks she's some kind of intellectual just because she has a degree and reads the odd book or two (as she constantly reminds the reader). She reminds me of Myleene "not many people know I'm a classically trained pianist" Klass. Unfortunately, once I start reading a book, I feel I have to finish it, and that's the only thing which is stopping me from throwing the flipping thing out of the window.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fabulous_darling)
    The Intimate Adventures of a London Call Girl by Belle de Jour.

I feel like I'm completely wasting my time reading it. I hate Belle, she's a hooker but has delusions of grandeur and thinks she's some kind of intellectual just because she has a degree and reads the odd book or two (as she constantly reminds the reader). She reminds me of Myleene "not many people know I'm a classically trained pianist" Klass. Unfortunately, once I start reading a book, I feel I have to finish it, and that's the only thing which is stopping me from throwing the flipping thing out of the window.
    :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    The attack By Yasmin something

ReputationRep:
    Gave up on 3 Men in a Boat due to tiresome historic diversions. now reading Narcissus & Goldmund by Hermann Hesse. Pretty good so far.

ReputationRep:
    Drugs - A Very Short Induction by Leslie Iversen
    It's on pharmacology by the way :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Jurassic Park- Michael Crichton

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Rebecca - Daphne Du Maurier. I was hooked from the first page, it's very well written.

ReputationRep:
    lazybones
    micheal billingham

ReputationRep:
    the bell jar, sylvia plath

ReputationRep:
    The Color Purple, Alice Walker. Don't know whether I'll persist with it though, all the intentional spelling mistakes irrationally annoy me.

ReputationRep:
    literature, criticism and theory by bennett and royle.

it's like, dead dead exciting in a way that only literary critical theory can be (i.e. not at all).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    literature, criticism and theory by bennett and royle.

it's like, dead dead exciting in a way that only literary critical theory can be (i.e. not at all).
    I love reading books like that, it's nice to get different interpretations of theory etc.

ReputationRep:
    I just read The Reader and ive just started Dark Fire by CJ Sansom

ReputationRep:
    If anybody has read the Color Purple then I'd love to know whether to persist with it, or not.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.