Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Primo Levi-If this is a man. Its such an amazing book, deffinitely not one to read when feeling a bit down however.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucy88)
    Primo Levi-If this is a man. Its such an amazing book, deffinitely not one to read when feeling a bit down however.
    Learned that one the hard way!

I'm reading De Niro: A Biography, Who Runs Britain? by Robert Peston, The Fatal Equilibrium by Marshall Jevons, The Shining, and finally Checkmate by Malorie Blackman....and last night I finished rereading Harry Potter 7.

I read a lot at once :yep:.

ReputationRep:
    Wise Children by Angela Carter. its ok, not the best thing I've ever read.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fabulous_darling)
    The Shining - Stephen King.

I absolutely love the film and I bought the book a year or so ago, but have only just got around to reading it. It's strange, the film doesn't scare me that much, but the book's really getting to me. I was absolutely petrified in bed last night. Still, I'm determined to finish it.
    I love this book, it's one of my favourites and there are many differences to the film adaptation, which make the novel so disturbing. There are so many brilliant scenes

I am currently reading Dracula by Bram Stoker, which is brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    For want of anything else I started reading Stravaganza: City of Secrets last night (by Mary Hoffman). But I only re-read that series recently so I might look for something else today. Everything seems kind of dull after reading Prey, though.

I need more books :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspire)
    change of heart by jodi picoult
    what did you think of it?
    i just finished reading it yesterday!

ReputationRep:
    I'm reading Mother Couragefor my essay....simulataneously reading witch by Barabara Micheals, which i'm half thru. i'm still stuck on the 2nd chapter in mother courage. after this i'm going to read dracula and haunting of the hill house by shirley jackson.

ReputationRep:
    Dad found another Crichton book lying around the house (why was I not informed earlier?!) so I've started reading that. It's Airframe, and it's kinda putting me off flying to America for my third year of uni... Brilliant though, classic Crichton.

ReputationRep:
    Finished Armadale finally. Another great Collins novel, but i can see why The Moonstone is regarded as superior. Lydia Gwilt is undoubtedly the wickedest villainess from the Victorian Novel - and makes for a thrilling, but unbelievable read!

Starting Desperate Remedies by Thomas Hardy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    For want of anything else I started reading Stravaganza: City of Secrets last night (by Mary Hoffman). But I only re-read that series recently so I might look for something else today. Everything seems kind of dull after reading Prey, though.

I need more books :sad:
    I love the Stravaganza series, I think I might read them all again soon, my mum currently is. Hope she's going to bring a new one out soon.

I'm reading a load of rubbishy chick-lit at the moment, but I think I might work my way through the Swallows and Amazons series soon :o: I've been working in a primary school recently and I have a real urge to get all my Enid Blyton books out of the loft and read all of the Famous Five, Malory Towers and St Clare's books again :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Just started Soul Music by Terry Pratchett.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hbandtr4eva)
    I love the Stravaganza series, I think I might read them all again soon, my mum currently is. Hope she's going to bring a new one out soon.
    She's bringing out a new one in 2010, set in Classe. I think it's called City of Ships.

Oh yeah, books. I finished Airframe by Michael Crichton yesterday. Bought Sphere this morning, finished it about half 8 (took a break to watch Doctor Who though). AMAZING book, one of the best I've ever read.

Now moving onto Next which I bought yesterday. All classic Crichton :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    She's bringing out a new one in 2010, set in Classe. I think it's called City of Ships.
    Ooooh yay :woo: I can't wait for Luciano and Arianna to get married :love:

ReputationRep:
    Still working my way through Middlemarch - anyone else embarked on this rewarding journey of a book?

ReputationRep:
    Just finished 'Brideshead Revisited' and 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower'.

Now onto Sylvia Plath's 'The Bell Jar'!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodle)
    the lost art of keeping secrets-eva rice
    i started it. is it good?

ReputationRep:
    This is my favourite thread as it makes me get my books out but it doesn't get updated as much as it should!

Currently trying to finish The Amber spyglass by Pullman, but after a considerable break from finishing the last two in the series, i'm finding that i now really dislike his writing style. :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodle)
    the lost art of keeping secrets-eva rice
    (Original post by chadz)
    i started it. is it good?
    I love this book!! Might read it again now it's been mentioned...

ReputationRep:
    everyone is telling me how good twilight is, im gonne read that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoLoco)
    everyone is telling me how good twilight is, im gonne read that.
    Good choice

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.