The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6240
>Anna<
I haven't heard of that record! How many?
I think you should try to break that one :yep:

I don't know but I should contact them and ask them...:yep: :woo:
*MJ*
I don't know but I should contact them and ask them...:yep: :woo:

You should. And if it doesn't exist then you should set it :eek:
Reply 6242
>Anna<
You should. And if it doesn't exist then you should set it :eek:

I know...:eek:

Do they accept any old thing though?...:p:

I can't believe the Ferrera Rocher's one is only 7 though, I honestly think I can beat that...:cool: :woo:
I'm a bit of the way through Nineteen Eighty Four (which i have read before)...

but I've just bought all 5 of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books, so I will be starting those soon!
Reply 6244
lucyw1989
but I've just bought all 5 of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books, so I will be starting those soon!

I read them twice in the past two weeks! :yep: Enjoy.

I'm reading Satanic Verses (Rushdie) and Almost like a Whale (Jones).
I have Dice Man waiting.
smanth
I read them twice in the past two weeks! :yep: Enjoy.

I'm reading Satanic Verses (Rushdie) and Almost like a Whale (Jones).
I have Dice Man waiting.

I've always wanted to read those but I didn't know there was 5! :eek: I was told there was 1 lmao!

I'm currently reading 3... not my best idea :biggrin:

The Confessor by Jack Curtis
Tales of Terror From The Black Ship by Chris Priestley
The Twilight Companion by Lois H. Gresh
:rofl: there's a Twilight companion?

I'm reading Iris Murdoch's Under The Net. She's always seemed strangely opaque to me, in the impression she generally gives.
Reply 6247
CharlieNoir
I've always wanted to read those but I didn't know there was 5! :eek: I was told there was 1 lmao!

It's called a "trilogy in five parts". I never knew either! The books themselves are really quite short each and especially the beginning few aren't difficult or boring to read at all. I found the last two got quite tedious and pointless but my friend, who lend me the book, strongly disagrees. In any case, they're definatly worth reading!

& I always read at least 2 books at a time... lol. One "serious" (mainly non-fiction) one and one easier one (mainly fiction) and whatever else I pick up and start reading. I just tend to have one in the bedroom, one in the living room and quite often, one that I carry round with me...
Reply 6248
I'm reading Camus- L'etranger (In French, probably spending more time reading my french dictionary than the actual novel...)

Bulgakov- The master and Margarita (in translation)- very good, but rather confusing.

Richardson- Pamela. Not sure about this one, I feel it is difficult to know an objective view of the protagonist, seeing as we only hear through her letters her acquaintances impressions of her. I feel that her master is slightly dehumanised- he is not allowed a voice and when we do hear his opinions- either through himself or Mrs Jervis- they are stifled by Pamela's dismissals. But then again I'm only 70 pages in, and should take into account that it was one of the first attempts at the modern "novel"...

selected letters of Oscar Wilde. Enough said- that man was a living deity :smile:
angelas ashes =]
Half Moon Investigations by Eoin Colfer.
Are YOU Dave Gorman? - Dave Gorman & Danny Wallace.
Brilliant!
huladancingmunchkin
Are YOU Dave Gorman? - Dave Gorman & Danny Wallace.
Brilliant!

Love Danny Wallace's writing, I'm planning on reading that soon.
Reply 6253
Still going with War and Peace! Also The Audacity of Hope and The Prince, really need to stop reading multiple books at a time!! x
Brideshead Revisted - if University doesn't pan out like the first few chapters of this, I want my money back!
raymond e feist - rides a dread legion (for the third time)

i like the book, but the way things are going... im not really sure how much longer feist can write similar sort of storyline stuff without it getting repetitive.
Sanyore
:rofl: there's a Twilight companion?

Lmao yeah, my mum got it me, it's basically just some woman going on about vampires and werewolves throughout film/book history and such things as "How to protect your vampire boyfriend" etc. It's kinda stupid but in a enjoyable way :biggrin:
smanth
It's called a "trilogy in five parts". I never knew either! The books themselves are really quite short each and especially the beginning few aren't difficult or boring to read at all. I found the last two got quite tedious and pointless but my friend, who lend me the book, strongly disagrees. In any case, they're definatly worth reading!

& I always read at least 2 books at a time... lol. One "serious" (mainly non-fiction) one and one easier one (mainly fiction) and whatever else I pick up and start reading. I just tend to have one in the bedroom, one in the living room and quite often, one that I carry round with me...

Trilogy in five parts? Lmao! :biggrin: I've only seen the film and I enjoyed that, I'll have to get them :P

Lmao I just tend to pick up random books and read them all randomly, I'm kinda suprised how many books I own but not know where they've come from lol :biggrin:
Reply 6258
CharlieNoir
Trilogy in five parts? Lmao! :biggrin: I've only seen the film and I enjoyed that, I'll have to get them :P

Lmao I just tend to pick up random books and read them all randomly, I'm kinda suprised how many books I own but not know where they've come from lol :biggrin:

the film is only the first book I think (I haven't seen it). So there's more to enjoy in the books... :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:
Just finished:
The Reluctant Fundamentalist - Mohsin Hamid
The Accidental Time Traveller - Sharon Griffiths

Currently reading:
The Grass Is Singing - Doris May Lessing
The Tenant Of Wildfell Hall - Anne Bronte

:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending