Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Peter Pan

ReputationRep:
    Just starting Let the Right One In, by John Ajvide Lindqvist. Looking good so far!

ReputationRep:
    Whizzing through Desperate Remedies by Thomas Hardy. It's throughly entertaining and feels less laboured than his other works. Although his frequent allusion to other texts does interupt the flow somewhat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smanth)
    the film is only the first book I think (I haven't seen it). So there's more to enjoy in the books... :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:
    Omgg! Well now I have to read them :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently reading Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, which is very entertaining, occasionally flicking through Paradise Lost by John Milton, and also reading Literary Theory: An Introduction in preparation for my course in september.

ReputationRep:
    The Cellist of Sarajevo

ReputationRep:
    Just started on Twilight

ReputationRep:
    Currently reading 'Once in a house on fire' by Andrea Ashworth, for about the third time, as part of my course. And about to start reading E.H. Gombrich's 'A Little History of the World'.

ReputationRep:
    Blasted through the entire Twilight series earlier this week, am now rereading Across the Nightingale Floor by Lian Hearn.

ReputationRep:
    Finally have the chance to re-read Bleak House (Dickens) it is one of may favourite books, but because of the length I rarely get to read it.

ReputationRep:
    Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, Wasted is an amazing book. It's unlike any other eating disorder memoir. Hornbacher isn't afraid to hold back which is important in trying to defeat the stigmas of anorexia and bulimia. As an eating disordered person myself I could relate to it a lot, and I respect how she was honest in how she didn't just have anorexia for a few years, got hospitalised and then just recovered. I would recommend this book to anyone - I'm not a big reader but I found myself glued to it!

i have gotten up to part 3 of Anna Karenina but i stopped for a few months after that for absolutely no reason so now, i guess im re-reading To Kill a Mockingbird (to recap for my GCSE) and after that, ill continue AK

also, Night World is a guilty pleasure that I read before i go to bed :o:

ReputationRep:
    Revision slows reading.

ReputationRep:
    Just started Rabbit, Run by John Updike. I tend to shy away from 20th Century American Fiction as i find the style is often purposefully empty. I'm enjoying it so far, although expecting to read it slowly as i'm preoccupied with Uni work. =/

ReputationRep:
    The Lords of the North - Bernard Cornwell.

Only just found out that it's part of a series. Damnnn.

ReputationRep:
    Dracula - Bram Stoker

ReputationRep:
    In the Miso Soup
    Ryu Murakami

ReputationRep:
    I just bought The Dante Club- Matthew Pearl. I don't generally like any modern novels (a sweeping generalisation, but sadly it's true!) but I like a bit of Dante's Divine Comedy, and the plot revolves around Inferno :yep:

I'm also reading on and off:
    The Name of the Rose- Umberto Eco
    Bleak House- Dickens (God, when it's not Esther's narrative I just can't be arsed with it, even though the story is interesting )

ReputationRep:
    The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.