The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I haven't been reading much recently due to revision but I have two books that I have not finished yet
A Certain Age - Rebecca Ray
The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath
Re-reading Lord of the Flies for my exam next week. But it is so awful D:
And not getting any better the more times I read it XD
I can't wait till I never have to read it again.

It'll probably be Harry Potter next 8)
Reply 6382
Helikaon
I'm re-reading Angels and Demons so i can enjoy the film properly and see if it does the book justice. About 3/4 of the way through it and loving it all over again!

Big mistake! I read the Da vinci Code then watched the film and the film did it no justice at all, infact i think the film murdered it. I did buy Angeks and Demons and tried to read it right after reading Da vinci Code but couldn't get into it, i read about 6 chapters, i was still hung up on Da vinci code, but i might give it a go after i've watched the film.
Room with a view, i'm about 3/4 way through...it's SO boring!
Reply 6384
I agree about the Dan Brown books, I can't read them over without thinking of Tom Hanks now D=

=O I'm such a freak I liked Lord of the Flies and Room with a View

I guess thats why I'm going to be studying English =P

At the moment surprisingly I've taken a very sciency factual turn, I'm reading A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson, great if you like sciency historical type things, I love his way of writing and it's very interesting to read about the evolution of science over the years

Aftar that I'm carrying on with my Tolkien-athon with The Two Towers =D
Reply 6385
scaredofuni
btw did anyone else just not get into the Da Vinci Code?

I loved it!!

It's not really my kind of book, but i decided to read it because of all the hype, i wanted to know what all the fuss was about and i have to say it opened my eyes to a few theories. I was christened catholic but raised christian so it sort of cleared up a few loose ends but at the same time raised hundreds of questions.

I loved it!
AS Psychology - The Complete Companion.

In particular, the sections on stress and abnormality.

lol
Menelwen
=O I'm such a freak I liked Lord of the Flies and Room with a View

I guess thats why I'm going to be studying English =P

XD
I can't wait not to have to do English any more.
In fact, i've only got 2 weeks of it left :biggrin:

You can have my copy of LOTF if you want it :wink:
Reply 6388
Haha I have my own thank you =P What are you hoping to study in future?
"Human Traces" by Sebastian Faulks. Only just started, but it seems really good so far, and I loved "Birdsong" so I'm sure I won't be disappointed :biggrin:
Im half way through 1984 by George Orwell, and I want to read the selfish gene and origin of species when im finished =D
Ill probably read Twilight at some point too lol ^^
Reply 6391
Bobo1234
"Human Traces" by Sebastian Faulks. Only just started, but it seems really good so far, and I loved "Birdsong" so I'm sure I won't be disappointed :biggrin:

I've read The Girl at the Lion D'or which was awesome! I have yet to get to Birdsong but I hear it's excellent
Reply 6392
German Grammar, Volumes 1 - 10000000000000000000000
am reading: the white tiger.
just finished: the reluctant fundamentalist (GREAT BOOK)
Well, it's mainly revising things. But next week I plan to finish off my re-reading of Frankenstein (I hate it), and begin either The Monk by Matthew Lewis, or The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks. They're the next two on my list. I also started reading Henry VIII: Reformer and Tyrant, but that's been put off a bit. I'll finish it before I begin my 40-odd books for the summer which I planned. :facepalm:
Fighting to the end by Jade Goody
and Child C by Christopher Spry

:biggrin:
Menelwen
I've read The Girl at the Lion D'or which was awesome! I have yet to get to Birdsong but I hear it's excellent

It is, it has its sad moments though. When I picked up Human Traces from the library I saw The Girl at the Lion D'or but didn't really look at it, what's it like?
By the way, has anyone seen - or indeed read - this new book, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies? :rofl:
Reply 6398
I've planned about 6000 books for this summer, which I can't WAIT for by the way! Three cheers for freedom!!
Reply 6399
Bobo1234
It is, it has its sad moments though. When I picked up Human Traces from the library I saw The Girl at the Lion D'or but didn't really look at it, what's it like?

Very sad indeed, I shed a tear or two at the end I can tell you. You become very attached to the characters, it's set in the war and it's centered around this girl called Anne who lost her dad in the war and she falls in love with a married man when she moves to work in a hotel, it's been a fair while since I last read it so I'm pretty rusty on the details but it's a real tearjerker. Amazing from a historical point of view too.

Latest

Trending

Trending