What book are you reading now? Watch

This discussion is closed.
jaz_jaz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by hermy)
True True....It's great while you're reading it but when you look back it isn't really. Hated breaking dawn...she could have done so much more with it. Ending was so ****. All the fight scences she could have done but didn't.

Hated Bella from the first chapter of Twilight....she drove me nuts...I've never been so annoyed with a character ever!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH had to rant. ahaha :woo:
ditto. but edward; pwoaaaar :p:
*StarButterfly07*
Badges: 8
Report 9 years ago
Shopaholic & Sister by Sophie Kinsella as part of the shopaholic series interesting read so far
CapturedSoul
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Frankenstein for my course, and Beyond Good and Evil in my spare time online.
I_Are_Scientist
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Menelwen)
=O I loooved the deepwoods! <3
(Original post by pinkspiders)
The Edge Chronicles!
(Original post by rachxl)
The illustrations are wicked too.
Those were the first books I ever properly read and loved :woo:

Currently reading the Hobbit takes some stress off after hardcore studying 20-something Carol Ann Duffy poems for english.

Just before this I finished The Road, by Cormac McCarthy (pretty good once you're into it) and Fight Club, which is one of the few books were I liked the film as much as the book
lauralegend
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
the virgin of flames by chris abani

interesting if you are looking for something different, well written but with lots of weird characters. a completely different side of los angeles to what you'd imagine.
Menelwen
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by I_Are_Scientist)

Currently reading the Hobbit takes some stress off after hardcore studying 20-something Carol Ann Duffy poems for english.

Just before this I finished The Road, by Cormac McCarthy (pretty good once you're into it) and Fight Club, which is one of the few books were I liked the film as much as the book
Yay for the Hobbit!!
Rian1988
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just finished Let it Bleed by Ian Rankin one of the one's from the Rebus series and thoroughly enjoyed it. I have now started The Hard Way by Lee Child.
jollyrogera
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by I_Are_Scientist)

That series of books were fantastic, really set my imagination alight! Much better than Harry Potter...
laevans89
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've just finished reading The Shining by Stephen King which I loved. Now I'm reading another book of his called The Dark Half.
StotheL
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald.
Cooro
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Riding Rockets: The Outrageous Tales of a Space Shuttle Astronaut by astronaut Mike Mullane. It's very good :yep:
W.O.N.D.E.R
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Gone with the Wind ....
I know i am gonna cry ..but I love it
fatal
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Thibodeau - Anatomy and Physiology whoooop!
wonghamma
Report 9 years ago
Oscar Wilde - The Picture of Dorian Gray
very nice story, like it very much
Swaying Eel
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm finally reading On the Road (Jack Kerouac) having read pretty much all of Bukowski and Burroughs and enjoying Ginsberg's poetry.

Plan on rekindling my Steinbeck love soon
affinity89
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just finished A Woman In Berlin - Anon and am now reading The Bookseller of Kabul - Åsne Seierstad.
Dan_G
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Beowulf - the Seamus Heaney translation. Love Heaney. I can imagine so much of the personality of Anglo-saxon that might be lost in other translations is kept so fresh! It's one of my favourite opening lines.
~ Purple Rose ~
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Madness by Marya Hornbacher.
Cooro
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I finished Riding Rockets by Mike Mullane last night, and I've just started on Moondust: In search of the men who fell to earth by Andrew Smith. I'm in a rut of only reading space books at the moment.
Saffie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
you guys that're reading books at the mo, do you have exams to do/are you meant to be revising?

cause I pretty much wont let myself get into a book cause I've lots of work to do.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1628)
78.91%
Leave (435)
21.09%

Watched Threads