Turn on thread page Beta

What book are you reading now? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm reading Northern Lights by Philip Pullman again, i want to get through the His Dark Materials series again as i love being immersed in that world, it's so brilliantly crafted

ReputationRep:
    A book of peoms by Keats :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    has anyone read fear and loathing on the campaign trail 72? want to read it just wondered if anyone has read it and what they thought...

ReputationRep:
    I'm reading memoirs of a geisha and I have to say once I start reading it, a couple of hours disappears without me realising.

What to read next I just don't know!

ReputationRep:
    Just started Northanger Abbey. Finished Animal Farm, thought I'd read because it's short and I read a longer one before it.

I keep forgetting what books I've read and not read so I end up reading some twice, and then realising. But I no for definite I've not read Northanger Abbey before

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the middle of Edding's Malloreon (Again) and just finished the Belgariad

Before that it was The Shack by WM Paul Young which was a fantastic read. Would really recommend it!

ReputationRep:
    I am reading The Color Purple by Alice Walker.

ReputationRep:
    State building by Francis Fukuyama

ReputationRep:
    The Cupid Effect - Dorothy Koomson

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    Just finished Things My Girlfriend and I Have Argued About by Mil Millington. Something I found on one of the family bookshelves yesterday which I'm sure someone bought on a whim and nobody ever read. Which is a shame because it was a brilliant book. I'm hard done by now to find something else lying around the house that could top it. I half-heartedly started Boyfriend in a Dress by Louise Kean which I found in the garage (seriously, who in my family buys these books?) but it hasn't gripped me yet.
    I stumbled across Mil Millington on the internet somehow and read some bits from Things my Girlfriend and I have Argued About on his website because I think it originally started as a blog before he wrote the book. Since then I get these emails from him with bits and pieces about his life, I find him quite funny! I want to get my hands on the book!

The best place I've come across random books is on holiday when the people staying in a place before you have left them.

ReputationRep:
    Lock and Key - Sarah Dessen

ReputationRep:
    What book shall I read next?

Re-read Tess.
    Orlando, Virginia Woolf.
    Hocus Pocus, Kurt Vonnegut.

ReputationRep:
    Currently reading The Stone Raft, by José Saramago. Really beautiful story about the Iberian Peninsula breaking away from the rest of Europe and floating into the Atlantic. His style is kind of a cross between Gabriel Garcia Marquez and Italo Calvino.

Jim

ReputationRep:
    Read Chocolat yesterday, which was very good. Have started re-reading Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern but I'm not really in the mood for it so I might look for something else.

ReputationRep:
    Wampeters, Foma and Granfalloons - Kurt Vonnegut

ReputationRep:
    The Golden Bough - J.G. Frazer

ReputationRep:
    I have just finished Dark Continent: Europe's Twentieth Century by Mark Mazower. I am now reading The Beach by Alex Garland and Hope and Glory: Britain 1900-2000 by Peter Clarke.

ReputationRep:
    Mirror Mirror - Gregory Maguire

ReputationRep:
    I'm carrying on with Moby **** after i've finished this book of short horror stories

ReputationRep:
    Northanger Abbey. It doesn't seem to want me to read it. Honestly, I don't see where the book is going at all

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.