The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

magicbuspass
:eek3: I have been doing the same thing - leapt from Dracula (LOVED IT!) to Harry Potter! Although I am currently reading Deathly Hallows.

We are book buddies :woo:

You clearly have brilliant taste in novels! :p:
Dracula is truly immense! I love it, it's one of my favourite books. I'm reading Moby Dick and The Shining at ze moment :biggrin:
The Tempest.
The American Dream - Edward Albee
The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger

I think I'm reading too much into it (no pun intended) as I'm getting really confused about the whole travelling through time idea and the different outcomes...
~ Mandy
The Other Side of the Dale by Gervase Phinn, which both my mum and sister have insisted I read.

I love that guy. He spoke at my school's Speech Day years ago, and ever since then I've been hooked. His writing's just so natural.

Anyway, I finished The Suspicions of Mr.Whicher at the weekend. Absolutely loved it. It turns out that Mr.Whicher and the murder he investigated in 1860 inspired Charles Dickens, Wilkie Collins and many more. It's unbelievable how many famous books were inspired by the murder investigated in this book.

Now I'm reading Hiding from the Light by Barbara Erskine. My mum's recommendation.
DancingCorpse
Dracula is truly immense! I love it, it's one of my favourite books. I'm reading Moby Dick and The Shining at ze moment :biggrin:

I still haven't recovered from reading The Shining :sad:
fabulous_darling
I still haven't recovered from reading The Shining :sad:

This.

It is the only, and I mean only, book that has scared me. Nothing else has come close.

And I'd seen the film/knew the ending.

Still crapped myself :cry:
Jinxed - Sara Lawrence :biggrin:

(I love teen chick-flick novels :p:)
Reply 6669
After finishing Brisingr by Christopher Paolini (Brilliant book, I cannot wait for the fourth in the series!) I decided, for lack of anything else, to re-read the Harry Potter series. It won't take me long to get through them and then I might move onto the Sword of Shannara trilogy by Terry Brooks.
Thomas Pynchon, V.
A Long Way Down - Nick Hornby
The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides
Nouvelle vague
The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides

i was thinking about getting this not sure wheather it'd be any good though, i think they made it into a film which is how a heard of it...

Geralds game - stephen king
I've finally finished Moby Dick and am now starting The Grapes of Wrath
Treasure Island hehe, good one.
Reply 6676
James Rollins new book 'The Doomsday Key'
Less_then_zero
i was thinking about getting this not sure wheather it'd be any good though, i think they made it into a film which is how a heard of it...

Looking at reviews and stuff, I have heard that the book is better than the film...
Greg Norman: Way of The Shark.
tradingmyheartforyours
Did you finish it??? That's my favourite book ever!!:smile:

Read Scarlett!!!

Sorry late answer ....:o:
Yea, I finished it for the 14th time (not counting the movie) ...and its my FAVOURITE book too :smile:)
And I dnt like "Scarlett"...its a weird book ...and the only nice thing in it, is that it got happy ending ...otherwise I dnt like it ...
Did anyone read Rhett Butler's People by Donald McCaig ??? Just curious shall i read it???:s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending