Turn on thread page Beta

What book are you reading now? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just made a start on Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut. Liking it so far, very similar to other books I've read by him.

Jim

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nouvelle vague)
    Harry Potter 1-7

This summers gonna be so hardcore lol.
    Haha, nice. Did you watch the half blood prince already? I've been told it's the best thus far. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    I'm liking it, read half of it on the bus today. Quite interesting, so far.
    How do you read on the bus? It makes me dizzy. Same with the car. It's the whole moving effect.

ReputationRep:
    I forget the title! Author: Mercedes Lackey. A combination of fantasy and history. It's quite long. Has been dragging on for a good few days.

ReputationRep:
    John Grisham's "The Firm".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hunnii)
    Haha, nice. Did you watch the half blood prince already? I've been told it's the best thus far. :woo:
    Really? Yeh I've seen it. Good for a film but not as good as the book. They miss out the best bits in it I think!

ReputationRep:
    "Law as a Moral Idea" by Nigel Simmonds, and "Musicophilia" by Oliver Sacks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nouvelle vague)
    Really? Yeh I've seen it. Good for a film but not as good as the book. They miss out the best bits in it I think!
    It's no suprise that the books are usually better than the movies. More room for detail there. And yeah, unfortunately, the half blood prince does miss some essentials.

Have you read The Time Traveller's Wife? The movie looks promising.

ReputationRep:
    It's no suprise that the books are usually better than the movies. More room for detail there. And yeah, unfortunately, the half blood prince does miss some essentials.

Awesome. I haven't read it yet but it's on my 'to read' list. Got a while to go as I've decided to read Harry Potter 1-7! Lol.

I've started to read books first and then consider the film adaptation now to prevent confusion! Or just read the book instead! I haven't seen Twilight or Atonement!

ReputationRep:
    Currently reading "Molly Fox's Birthday" by Deirdre Madden.

So far it's been interesting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss Prankster Pixie)
    hi all,

i've just finished reading Gregory Maguire's Wicked: the life and times of the wicked witch of the west. I will never be able to watch The wizard of Oz in the same way again: such a rich and vibrant history and political system, it has completely turned the Oz story on its head, and was very challenging in places in terms of making teh reader question their own sense of what constitutes "evil". anyone else read it?
    I finished that last week. It was pretty good.

Have you seen the musical? I saw it first, which was probably the wrong way to do it. The book and the musical are really different, so kept wondering when so and so aws going to happen :P

Anyone read 'Son of a witch'? Not sure wheter to read it soon.

I'm currently reading 'Surely you're joking Mr. Feynman!'

ReputationRep:
    How do you read on the bus? It makes me dizzy. Same with the car. It's the whole moving effect.
    The buses round here go at about 2mph, no risk of dizzyness.

ReputationRep:
    Cancer Ward - Aleksandr Solzhenistsyn

ReputationRep:
    Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
    Les Miserables - Victor Hugo (Translated by Julie Rose)

ReputationRep:
    The Elfish Gene by Mark Barrowcliffe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zosie)
    Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
    Les Miserables - Victor Hugo (Translated by Julie Rose)
    Great choices there Zosie

You'll love Jane Eyre if you like fine detail. Has to be one of my favourites :grin:

ReputationRep:
    The Lost Queen - Frewin Jones

ReputationRep:

:poke:

Could you reccomend me a book please? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo156)
    :poke:

Could you reccomend me a book please? :p:
    The Hobbit :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    The Hobbit :awesome:
    look here orc .... stop taking the mick!!! :hmmm:

Any other recommendations?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.