Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    A Darkness Forged in Fire- Chris Evans

ReputationRep:
    Picked up The Book Thief by Markus Zusak from Waterstones the other day. Its been recommended to me a few times but never got around to reading it till now.

ReputationRep:
    To the lighthouse...

ReputationRep:
    The Adventures of Augie March, really quite exceptional.

ReputationRep:
    Birdsong - damn college reading list.

I'm now starting Le Morte d'Arthur, and it's really interesting. I've been considering rereading MASH by Richard Hooker, but I can't be bothered right now.

ReputationRep:
    Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons.

ReputationRep:
    Germinal by Zola and Room With A View (halfway through) for English..ha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bite_of_cake)
    Germinal by Zola and Room With A View (halfway through) for English..ha
    Brilliant book, read it and now read two more from that cycle (Drinking Den and Le Bete Humaine).

ReputationRep:
    Jane Eyre- Charlotte Bronte

ReputationRep:
    The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrún - JRR Tolkien.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kitty_x)
    The Lovely Bones.
    That's next on my list. How're you finding it?

I finished the Molesworth trilogy a couple of days ago (JK Rowling would be nothing without it) and have now started re-reading Homer's Odyssey. Probably the 10th time I've read it :ninja:

Homer :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fabulous_darling)
    That's next on my list. How're you finding it?

I finished the Molesworth trilogy a couple of days ago (JK Rowling would be nothing without it) and have now started re-reading Homer's Odyssey. Probably the 10th time I've read it :ninja:

Homer :love:
    I loved it, it's the kind of book you cannot put down, i'm excited for the film but I hope they don't ruin it, like My Sister's Keeper.

ReputationRep:
    Dostoevsky's Memoirs from the House of the Dead. I should finish it before I fall asleep, or tomorrow morning. Then I will listen to two audio-books I borrowed from the library: Conrad's Lord Jim and Eliot's The Mill on the Floss. I have not read anything by the latter so it should be somewhat interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Capote's In Cold Blood. Is very good so far, and I've not even got to the murders yet lol. :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    The Blithedale Romance by Nathaniel Hawthorne. It's one fo the books I have to read for uni this year, but I like Hawthorne and I've been meaning to read this one for a while so it's all good

ReputationRep:
    I'm reading 'Lolita' on the recomendation of the TSR community

ReputationRep:
    Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn - One day in the life of Ivan Denisovich

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Celtic_Anthony)
    Brilliant book, read it and now read two more from that cycle (Drinking Den and Le Bete Humaine).
    I finished it! So good! Also read L'Assommoir already, and Nana (my favourite) and La Fortune des Rougons. Want to read La Curée and L'Oeuvre now..
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Body of Evidence - Patricia Cornwell.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.